No announcement yet.

American Horror Story Coven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this weeks episode was all over the place.

So gory too. Sometimes I can't believe what they are allowed to show on Cable television these days.

That scene with Fiona and Laveu in the corporate office with AxeMan was crazy.

I'm basically clueless at this point on who the new supreme is. They throw so many twists in. And with Zoe apparently fleeing the coup with two episodes left I'm no longer confident it's her.

And I can't believe they brought Queenie back. She has a good reason to believe she is the next supreme after that.

The Butler is so creepy too.

Thoughts on the episode?

This season is starting to seem a little pointless to me since everyone keeps coming back from the dead. I'm not even 100% sure Nan or Misty Day are gone for good yet.

What's the point of a battle if everyone keeps coming back? So far the lower role actors/humans with no powers are the only people dying.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 01-17-2014, 07:40 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Pretty crazy episode for sure ...

I was surprised the Witch Hunter group agreed to meet with Fionna and Laveau on their terms ... they should have known something was coming.

I was wasn't surprised to see Queenie make a return, after all it has been going on the whole season, and that's probably how the legacy of the Salem Witches has endured over the years.

Uggggh the butler ... that guy is strange, I understand his role in the Coven but I don't know why they've made him to be such a creeper!! The banter between him and Delphine was pretty comical though, he had her believing that Bendryl would render Laveau mortal for a few seconds!!

I don't know what to think anymore about the season, who is going to be the next supreme (if anyone at all) but overall I am still enjoying it!! I can't wait to see what comes in the next few episodes as we should be getting close to the end here soon!
      Last edited by Jermz79; 01-17-2014, 08:49 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Just... wow. So much going on that I don't even want to guess who or what or how......

And with Zoe running off and Misty "gone"? Just.... sheesh!!! Can we have the last few episodes at one time, please?!
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Don't get me wrong I'm completely loving this season like you guys.

I'm just so lost trying to figure out what the point of it all is.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Don't get me wrong I'm completely loving this season like you guys.

I'm just so lost trying to figure out what the point of it all is.
            Oh, wait for it. They'll tie it all together. It's what they did last season too. Had a LOT going on and then wrapped ti all up in the end.

Comment

Wow wow wow wow.

At first I thought this episode was terrible and the season was going to end horribly.

And then the most amazing stuff happened over the last 20-25 minutes.

Holy cow Misty Day. Coming back and going total UFC on Madison. Super hoooottt!!!

Then AxeMan takes out Fiona? Holy cow. I thought for sure she was going to have an ultimate battle in the finale for Supreme. And so gruesome too.

And then the way they all took out the AxeMan??? Again so gruesome.

Papa Legba again with the intense hell torture.

And the set up for a showdown for Supreme for the finale!!! Can't wait!!!

I still predict Zoe.
              sigpic

Comment

The fight between Misty and Madison was well played .... what I didn't like about it was that Madison's powers have been increasing and yet she just sat there and took her beating? Why not fight back with some witch craft?

I was glad to see the Axman take out Fiona, I think it had to happen for the story to wrap up at the end. If Fiona is still around the next Supreme would never have a chance.

The Papa Legba story intrigues me and I wish they would have introduced him ealier in the season but I understand why they didn't. Seeing Marie Laveau and Madame Lalaurie together in Hell was quite comical. That means they are both truly dead now at this point! Queenie set all that up!

The Supreme Showdown - there was a vision that Cordelia had in this episode, it showed all the witches dead ... I don't believe that was because of the Axeman! I think that something is going to happen during the Seven Wonders test and the new Supreme will be a surprise ... my opinion ... Myrtle Snow! I think Myrtle will take out all the younger witches and secure the spot she has wanted forever!

Next week is the Last Episode
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                  The fight between Misty and Madison was well played .... what I didn't like about it was that Madison's powers have been increasing and yet she just sat there and took her beating? Why not fight back with some witch craft?

I was glad to see the Axman take out Fiona, I think it had to happen for the story to wrap up at the end. If Fiona is still around the next Supreme would never have a chance.

The Papa Legba story intrigues me and I wish they would have introduced him ealier in the season but I understand why they didn't. Seeing Marie Laveau and Madame Lalaurie together in Hell was quite comical. That means they are both truly dead now at this point! Queenie set all that up!

The Supreme Showdown - there was a vision that Cordelia had in this episode, it showed all the witches dead ... I don't believe that was because of the Axeman! I think that something is going to happen during the Seven Wonders test and the new Supreme will be a surprise ... my opinion ... Myrtle Snow! I think Myrtle will take out all the younger witches and secure the spot she has wanted forever!

Next week is the Last Episode
                  I don't think that vision had anything to do with what is going to happen for several reasons.

1. Originally all Cordelia could see was what had already happened not what was going to happen. I think that she was only seeing what would happen if Fiona was not taken out for reason #

2. Fiona did not die in the vision. She took the necklace back from Cordelia at the end of the vision and walked off alive like she didn't care. Fiona is now dead making that vision completely false. The vision was simply what would happen if Fiona remained supreme while trying to discover the next supreme. Fiona had to die to save the coven and the Axeman did it for them.

3. In the vision Cordelia was taken out by a bullet to the head. That isn't the witches style. It made me think an heir to the witch hunters was aided by Fiona. But again the vision was ultimately false because Fiona is dead.

I really don't think Myrtle snow will be Supreme. I don't think she possesses the 7 wonders or even enough other powers to be Supreme. It would also be very lame as she is already extremely old and wouldn't last long.

As for the fight I was also wondering why Madison didn't use powers to fight back. I believe she is more powerful than Misty Day. However I thought maybe this was like Kal-El fighting Zod where their powers were supposed to cancel out. So they just fought hand to hand in which case strongly favored Misty. Plus we didn't get to see the end of the fight because the idiot Axeman tried to take on 6 witches at one.

I still feel strongly about my prediction of Zoe. They have done a good job all season of hinting towards her progression to it without making it extremely obvious and predictable. She is also young and would have the longest time to reign as Supreme.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welllllll didn't see any of that coming!!

Whoda Thunk it that Cordelia the Weak would have ever risen to be supreme!?!? Not me!

I was sad that Misty got stuck in her own hell and died :-( but I knew she was not the new Supreme, she was too wishy washy!

I was glad to see that Madison finally got what was coming to her and Kyle choking her to death was bittersweet! The exchanges between her and Zoe were over the top but she deserved what she got!

Oh Zoe, we had hopes for her didn't we!? I mean the show started out with her and positioned her to be the next supreme throughout the season, but knowing the writers behind the show it would have been too apparent to make her the next supreme. Good thing is that both Zoe and Queenie are appointed to the Counsel and Mrs. Robichaux Academy seems to now be thriving!

How ironic it was to see Fiona stuck in her own hell ... as the old saying goes "she made her bed, and now she must lie in it"

............... All in All, this was a great season for me! Not a one disappointment, except that it's over !! :-(
                    I can't wait to see what next season will hold!?!?
                    sigpic

Comment

Welllllll didn't see any of that coming!!

Whoda Thunk it that Cordelia the Weak would have ever risen to be supreme!?!? Not me!

I was sad that Misty got stuck in her own hell and died :-( but I knew she was not the new Supreme, she was too wishy washy!

I was glad to see that Madison finally got what was coming to her and Kyle choking her to death was bittersweet! The exchanges between her and Zoe were over the top but she deserved what she got!

Oh Zoe, we had hopes for her didn't we!? I mean the show started out with her and positioned her to be the next supreme throughout the season, but knowing the writers behind the show it would have been too apparent to make her the next supreme. Good thing is that both Zoe and Queenie are appointed to the Counsel and Mrs. Robichaux Academy seems to now be thriving!

How ironic it was to see Fiona stuck in her own hell ... as the old saying goes "she made her bed, and now she must lie in it"

............... All in All, this was a great season for me! Not a one disappointment, except that it's over !! :-(
                      Holy Coven!!!

Everything you said was exactly what I was coming to say.

At times I wondered why Cordelia wasn't heir but they made her so apparently week that it surely couldn't be her. And at times she showed so many powers but all of them did. So I just shrugged it off since I was dead set from episode one on Zoe.

It makes sense though. And I was worried that Zoe was too obvious. Especially with how well she was executing the 7 wonders up until her death. Everyone I talked to was predicting her.

This was by far my favorite season. Fantastic from beginning to end. Can't wait to see what season Four has in store.

Also my DVR cut off early in Fiona's hell. How did it finish? I can't wait for the reair Saturday to find out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Welllllll d It see any of that coming!!

I too was bummed misty didnt make it back I liked her and poor nan got drowned but hopefully shes somewhere nice instead of the hell the shadow man gave the other unfortunate witches
                        We all knew once it got closer that none of the girls were going to be supreme the show did a good job setting cordelia up as a weak witch but we all knew she was the only one that could handle the responsibility

Season 3 was pretty good although it Was less scary and more creepy it had a cool concept

Heard season 4 takes place in the 50s in some amusement park carnival thing or something of the sort either way cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          Also my DVR cut off early in Fiona's hell. How did it finish? I can't wait for the reair Saturday to find out.
                          She woke up in the cabin with the Axeman, he was coming in with Catfish and Fiona went crazy. She freaked out about the smell of catfish and that the cabin was made out of Knotty Pine, the Axeman told her that he was tired of her being so mad all the time and they got into a little fight. The Axeman told her she better get used to living there because they would be there for all of eternity! The show ended with a pan out shot of Papa Legba sitting at the table in the cabin laughing at Fiona!

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                          Season 3 was pretty good although it Was less scary and more creepy it had a cool concept

Heard season 4 takes place in the 50s in some amusement park carnival thing or something of the sort either way cant wait
                          I agree season 3 was not scary by any means, but it was definitely a great concept!

I heard the Carnival angle for season 4 but writer Ryan Murphy did an interview a while back and said it was just an internet rumor and held no weight ... but who knows!
                          sigpic

Comment

She woke up in the cabin with the Axeman, he was coming in with Catfish and Fiona went crazy. She freaked out about the smell of catfish and that the cabin was made out of Knotty Pine, the Axeman told her that he was tired of her being so mad all the time and they got into a little fight. The Axeman told her she better get used to living there because they would be there for all of eternity! The show ended with a pan out shot of Papa Legba sitting at the table in the cabin laughing at Fiona!

I agree season 3 was not scary by any means, but it was definitely a great concept!

I heard the Carnival angle for season 4 but writer Ryan Murphy did an interview a while back and said it was just an internet rumor and held no weight ... but who knows!
                            That could be fun!!!

Comment

I was disappointed in season 3 ..it seemed to start off great but I thought it started to fizzle out towards the end..I seen where they are now confirming season 4 will revolve around a carnival theme should be interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X