True Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Detective

For anyone who hasn't seen this new series on HBO, check it out on Sunday nights. I've never been a McConaughey fan until I started watching this show. There've been three episodes so far, and they're taking a week off since it's Super Bowl week, so it's possible that they might replay the first three in between now and Feb. 9th when the forth episode airs.

Anybody else like this show?
    Last edited by Conner13; 01-30-2014, 11:29 AM.

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
    For anyone who hasn't seen this new series on HBO, check it out on Sunday nights. I've never been a McConaughey fan until I started watching this show. There've been three episodes so far, and they're taking a week off since it's Super Bowl week, so it's possible that they might replay the first three in between now and Feb. 9th when the forth episode airs.

Anybody else like this show?
    Dude I started the first two episodes on HBO OD & watched the third one live Sunday. This show is the cats azz, I've watched the third episode like three times this week lol, the wife is like we've seen this already lol. But she is enjoying it also. My favorite part so far is, Do you ever think your a bad man, no, the world needs bad men... Dude that was classic!!!!! What is it 5 more episodes to go????? Great show. HBO always has the great shows, loved the Sopranos & love Game Of Thrones......

Comment

Yeah, it's gonna be 8 episodes this season. And apparently it's going to be an anthology type of format, so next season will be with a different cast. Don't know if that's set in stone or not. It's been great, though. I'd have to say my favorite part thus far was at the end of episode three when Rust says, "And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it," and the guy walks across the field in whatever kind of mask that was. I was genuinely creeped out by that.

Comment

Yea I watch it. It is pretty good. I liked the part in the burned out church when they found the mural - creepy stuff. The next episode looks awesome.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I have a new respect for Matthew McConaughey now. The HIDTA scene was classic.

Comment

Just a heads up to everyone who's watching the show, it's back on tonight......

Comment

Wow!! That was a great episode!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                Wow!! That was a great episode!!
                I can't think of a better series on TV right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  I can't think of a better series on TV right now.
                  Nor can I. As Elway421 already said, episode 4 was great. Each episode continues to add layers upon layers. Definitely the best show on television right now. It's a shame that this season will only be 8 episodes.

I'll say this, too: Never again will I bash Matthew McConaughey. Dude's been fantastic in this series. It goes to show you that an actor can't necessarily help the roles they're cast in. I'm glad someone sat down and thought he'd be good for this part, because he's been phenomenal.

Harrelson has been great, too. To leave him out of the conversation on why this show is great television would be a disservice.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
                    Nor can I. As Elway421 already said, episode 4 was great. Each episode continues to add layers upon layers. Definitely the best show on television right now. It's a shame that this season will only be 8 episodes.

I'll say this, too: Never again will I bash Matthew McConaughey. Dude's been fantastic in this series. It goes to show you that an actor can't necessarily help the roles they're cast in. I'm glad someone sat down and thought he'd be good for this part, because he's been phenomenal.

Harrelson has been great, too. To leave him out of the conversation on why this show is great television would be a disservice.
                    I don't know if it's true, but I heard that McConaughey was originally going for Harrelson's role and changed his mind after reading the script. But I totally agree with you there, Harrelson's character only adds to McConaghey's because they contrast so well. Why these two haven't been in more movies together, I'll never know.

Comment

If that's the case, he made the right choice. McConaughey has been able to showcase his skills in this series, portraying a very strange, damaged person. He wouldn't have been able to do that if he had taken Harrelson's role.

(On a complete side note, I think the major reason I like McConaughey so well in this show is because I identify with a lot of the things he says and the beliefs he holds.)

But as for Harrelson, he's perfect in the role he's in. Both of them are playing the characters they should've been playing.

Comment

The bar scene was great, McConaghey just kept telling Harrelson to quit crying about his wife leaving. They work off each other so well as mentioned. The end was awesome & full of action. The only thing negative I can say is there's only four episodes left....

EDIT: I hate smart phones & apologize for spelling....
                        Last edited by ELWAY421; 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          The bar season was great, McConaghey just kept telling Harrelson to quit crying about his wife leaving. They work off each other so well as mentioned. The end was awesome & full of action. The only thing negative I can say is there's only four episodes left....
                          Totally agree. With the way Harrelson has treated McConaughey thus far, I loved the apathy McConaughey showed him.

Comment

Awesome show again! They're trying to make Russ look like the killer, but Imo it's Martin...... What an awesome show, I'm bummed it's coming to an end........

Comment

I don't think there's any way it's Russ, but that's just me. What a crazy, crazy episode. Crazy!
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X