No announcement yet.

Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher series has been interesting to me... I just finished the season last night. I've been torn on how I feel about it. There are certain moments, scenes, and acting that make me cringe. Other moments have gotten me pumped. The fight scenes are much better than anything that was provided in GoT, imo.

They structured the series similarly to the books, dropping you right into the middle of stories. I was hoping they'd slow roll, and spend more time explaining things so those that haven't read the books or played the games could keep up. I lost my wife after episode 2, as she was totally confused as to what was going on. I've read the first 2 prequels and blood of elves, and I was having a hard time keeping up.

I'll probably keep watching it because I'm already invested, but I'm not sure I could recommend the series to those not familiar with the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Finished You season two last night. I’ll wait to discuss until Can catches up.

I would say we may need it’s own thread for spoilers but ugh Netflix actually still hasn’t renewed one of their most popular shows for a season 3 yet.
      DB.....we will discuss later, but after 3 shows (as you had mentioned), lets just say I am not overwhelmed. Hopefully it gets more interesting. It is hard to replicate and improve on a good first season, because the innovative side is hard to beat. Once you get through, you sometimes expect to be entertained every second, like you were when it was all new to you.

BUT....you said you were looking forward to the final shows, so, that's my takeaway. I see "Oswald Cobblepot" has a key role!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        I have four as well. My youngest is 8. We have yet to watch a game together. What part of town do you live in?
        Caldwell. Work in Boise. Took the same son that I was watching Voltron with to his first BSU game this year...then a second via tickets from family. Haha.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          Caldwell. Work in Boise. Took the same son that I was watching Voltron with to his first BSU game this year...then a second via tickets from family. Haha.
          Nice! Im in Meridian, close to Cherry Lane and Meridian Road. My 13 year old wanted to go to a Boise game but they’re so late on Saturday and I usually get up early on Sundays.

I was more referring to watching a Denver game on tv in the comfort of my home 😊
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            DB.....we will discuss later, but after 3 shows (as you had mentioned), lets just say I am not overwhelmed. Hopefully it gets more interesting. It is hard to replicate and improve on a good first season, because the innovative side is hard to beat. Once you get through, you sometimes expect to be entertained every second, like you were when it was all new to you.

BUT....you said you were looking forward to the final shows, so, that's my takeaway. I see "Oswald Cobblepot" has a key role!!
            Halfway DB! Getting more interesting....talk later.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
              Maybe finish the whole season before you decide?

If people had stopped watching The Mandalorian after Chapter 5 and 6, they would've missed out on the epic season finale.
              I haven't watched The Mandalorian so I cannot comment on that.

Back to The Witcher, I cannot look past some of the characters and disregard for the slavic lore. I'm afraid nothing will fix that. It's probably a great show for the masses but like I said, it's not for me and nothing short of a reboot (with a new cast that properly reflects the lore) can fix it, as far as I'm concerned. That's not happening and so I've already moved on.

My sister-in-law suggested that I watch a show called You and it's actually surprisingly good.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                The Witcher series has been interesting to me... I just finished the season last night. I've been torn on how I feel about it. There are certain moments, scenes, and acting that make me cringe. Other moments have gotten me pumped. The fight scenes are much better than anything that was provided in GoT, imo.

They structured the series similarly to the books, dropping you right into the middle of stories. I was hoping they'd slow roll, and spend more time explaining things so those that haven't read the books or played the games could keep up. I lost my wife after episode 2, as she was totally confused as to what was going on. I've read the first 2 prequels and blood of elves, and I was having a hard time keeping up.

I'll probably keep watching it because I'm already invested, but I'm not sure I could recommend the series to those not familiar with the story.
                That I'll agree with. I only watched the first three episodes but the fight scenes were pretty damn good.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                  I haven't watched The Mandalorian so I cannot comment on that.

Back to The Witcher, I cannot look past some of the characters and disregard for the slavic lore. I'm afraid nothing will fix that. It's probably a great show for the masses but like I said, it's not for me and nothing short of a reboot (with a new cast that properly reflects the lore) can fix it, as far as I'm concerned. That's not happening and so I've already moved on.

My sister-in-law suggested that I watch a show called You and it's actually surprisingly good.
                  You is amazing. First season was really great.

Second isn’t quite as good but still finishes really well.
                  sigpic

Comment

You is amazing. First season was really great.

Second isn’t quite as good but still finishes really well.
                    Hey pal. Finished You last night. I want to discuss with you, but won't provide spoilers to those who have not watched yet. Mayne we can share a pm or two.

All I will say is that, as you stated, it seemed to decline in the early to mid episodes, but with all the potential "players" in the show, it got quite interesting. It was worth the watch. Season one was better because of its freshness, and style. It's hard to beat that beginning.

Not a spoiler, but I look forward to discussing, because I had a feeling about what may happen as the show ended. But not 100%.

Bring on another season!

Comment

• I’m surprised no one has discussed Lost in Space season 2. My wife and I have finished episode 8 and still love it as much as season 1!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I’m surprised no one has discussed Lost in Space season 2. My wife and I have finished episode 8 and still love it as much as season 1!!
                        My wife and i were not pleased with season 2
                        sigpic
                        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                          My wife and i were not pleased with season 2
                          Really? Anything in particular? Don’t care for the story? A little disappointed it’s still mostly the same bad guy?

I think the cinematography is every bit as good as season one and some really good drama. There might be a few too many narrow escapes by the robinsons that don’t really seem plausible though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Really? Anything in particular? Don’t care for the story? A little disappointed it’s still mostly the same bad guy?

I think the cinematography is every bit as good as season one and some really good drama. There might be a few too many narrow escapes by the Robinson that don’t really seem plausible though.
                            Cinematography and cgi are all great, even the acting is pretty good. I guess to us the story started deteriorating at the end and it seemed like they struggled to tie everything up. Didn't flow very well for us. It was meh, just not as good as it could have been. We liked the first season with all the other people but we were hoping for season 2 they were going to get back to just the Robinson's (and Dr. smith) lost in space. We will still watch if they have season 3.
                            sigpic
                            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Aaron Hernandez documentary was really interesting. Much more to that story than I remember/knew.

This was really well done.

Comment

• I’ve got about 20 minutes left in the finale and I have to agree with Broncosdivision that Netflix has butchered the Witcher to me.

Granted I haven’t read the books so I don’t know how much they do or don’t follow that.

But I’m sitting here watching a majority of the finale wondering why they didn’t just call the show Yennefer the Mage instead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X