Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Stranger Things Season 4. Love the first couple of episodes. Sucks they had to have that disclaimer before the first episode.
    We binged everything that's out on Season 4. My favorite outside Season 1 for sure.

    Comment


    • I watched the Norm MacDonald: Nothing Special show last night. Given the circumstances of this final "one take' comedy routine, the day before he was slated for surgery, and not long before his death, this is a very unique and amazing view of a great comedian sort of saying goodbye, from his home.

      The respect he had was accentuated by those who talked about him and his final show, which is part of the special. Some of the very best - David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Dave Chappelle, as well as Adam Sandler, David Spade and Molly Shannon, all talked about him with reverence and as true fans.

      Though he was ill and maybe not at his best, and yes, you may not like all his stuff...at times I was laughing pretty hard. It's his style, the faces he makes, the way he talks, that add to the package. And I do like most of the material.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I watched the Norm MacDonald: Nothing Special show last night. Given the circumstances of this final "one take' comedy routine, the day before he was slated for surgery, and not long before his death, this is a very unique and amazing view of a great comedian sort of saying goodbye, from his home.

        The respect he had was accentuated by those who talked about him and his final show, which is part of the special. Some of the very best - David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Dave Chappelle, as well as Adam Sandler, David Spade and Molly Shannon, all talked about him with reverence and as true fans.

        Though he was ill and maybe not at his best, and yes, you may not like all his stuff...at times I was laughing pretty hard. It's his style, the faces he makes, the way he talks, that add to the package. And I do like most of the material.



        Norm... was one of my favorites. His style of humor is/was right up my alley, and his death hit me harder than most, relative to others that I've never met.

        I know it's not a Netflix show, but related to your comment.... he also is in Season 3 of 'The Orville', which aired its season premiere last night. The show opened with a message that it was in memory of Norm. I teared up. I love that they put that message at the beginning of the show instead of the end. It was a nice tribute.

        It will make what looks to be an amazing season a little bittersweet at times, but it was nice to hear his voice.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post



          Norm... was one of my favorites. His style of humor is/was right up my alley, and his death hit me harder than most, relative to others that I've never met.

          I know it's not a Netflix show, but related to your comment.... he also is in Season 3 of 'The Orville', which aired its season premiere last night. The show opened with a message that it was in memory of Norm. I teared up. I love that they put that message at the beginning of the show instead of the end. It was a nice tribute.

          It will make what looks to be an amazing season a little bittersweet at times, but it was nice to hear his voice.
          Yes sir. Norm was a gem. And though I feel that many folks did not "get him" like you and I for example, the fact that the big leaguers in the comic community gathered to talk about him at the end of the Netflix special is testimony to his talent and legacy. I mean, imagine having Letterman, Conan and Chappelle (and many others, in various ways) talking about a fellow comic with such admiration and respect!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

            We binged everything that's out on Season 4. My favorite outside Season 1 for sure.
            Finished last night. I liked the Veczma story but outside of that it was my least favorite season by far.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • I have watched Stranger Things, and though I thought it was interesting at times, it did seem like a show aimed at teenagers. BUT, as of season 4, I have to admit, I was actually surprised how the horror aspect was stepped up in a pretty big way.

              And I see that this year is comprised of 9 shows, and by the last ones, they are movie length. Might have to watch them all.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I have watched Stranger Things, and though I thought it was interesting at times, it did seem like a show aimed at teenagers. BUT, as of season 4, I have to admit, I was actually surprised how the horror aspect was stepped up in a pretty big way.

                And I see that this year is comprised of 9 shows, and by the last ones, they are movie length. Might have to watch them all.
                Wife and I finished up last night. It was a bit too long and drawn out of a season but the main story arc was really good. And the finale was amazing.

                It was a bit darker and more horror however I’ve never really felt the show was targeting teens just cuz young kids were in it. I’ve always thought the show to be a bit of a grown up horror just not major scary like an IT or hellraiser type. I’m middle aged and almost everyone I know around my age loves the show so I don’t think it’s only targeting teens.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

                  Wife and I finished up last night. It was a bit too long and drawn out of a season but the main story arc was really good. And the finale was amazing.

                  It was a bit darker and more horror however I’ve never really felt the show was targeting teens just cuz young kids were in it. I’ve always thought the show to be a bit of a grown up horror just not major scary like an IT or hellraiser type. I’m middle aged and almost everyone I know around my age loves the show so I don’t think it’s only targeting teens.
                  I get what you mean about teens. But at least one of the years seemed a little too engaged in teen stuff, for me anyway. But as to my main point, it's had its share of horror from the get go, but this year has taken it to a new level in terms of true horror. Won't give details / spoiler alert, but I think you know what I am getting at. I guess I call it a horror "step up" from their previous style.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                    I get what you mean about teens. But at least one of the years seemed a little too engaged in teen stuff, for me anyway. But as to my main point, it's had its share of horror from the get go, but this year has taken it to a new level in terms of true horror. Won't give details / spoiler alert, but I think you know what I am getting at. I guess I call it a horror "step up" from their previous style.
                    100% agree it stepped up from prior seasons.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Have to say, so cool that the fantastic song "Walking Up That Hill" by Kate Bush, has had an amazing rebound thanks to Stranger Things. I think it has resonated with younger folks who might never have heard it before. Good for her. She's a fabulous artist.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I have watched Stranger Things, and though I thought it was interesting at times, it did seem like a show aimed at teenagers. BUT, as of season 4, I have to admit, I was actually surprised how the horror aspect was stepped up in a pretty big way.

                        And I see that this year is comprised of 9 shows, and by the last ones, they are movie length. Might have to watch them all.
                        Further to....

                        I am now only a couple of shows from the end of this season and I must say, the folks who make this show are extremely creative! Heck, if you don't like the series, you still may be impressed with the effort and imagination. The horror part I mentioned is still relevant, but the depth of activity and moving parts is definitely deserving of some praise.

                        Comment


                        • Longmire ...
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • Trainwreck Woodstock 99. Very good and very mind blowing.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Trainwreck Woodstock 99. Very good and very mind blowing.
                              I watched it too to see how it compared to the HBO documentary. It was basically a carbon copy. Although I felt the HBO version was a little more in depth. Both versions had that promoter looking like a d-bag. He took no accountability at all for the mess they created. I would recommend watching the HBO version as well.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                                I watched it too to see how it compared to the HBO documentary. It was basically a carbon copy. Although I felt the HBO version was a little more in depth. Both versions had that promoter looking like a d-bag. He took no accountability at all for the mess they created. I would recommend watching the HBO version as well.
                                Yeah discovered that last night and was watching it this morning. Got a ways left to go cuz I’m not watching it around my kids. I agree I’m surprised Netflix isn’t getting sued for a near copyright infringement. I mean the fight club reference was a little too copycat.

                                There is some subtle differences. The HBO one I like how they are diving into more acts and how they influenced the crowd where the Netflix one seems to try to put most of the blame on Korn, Limp and RCHP. When in reality it wasn’t any of the artists fault for doing what they get paid to do. Netflix breaking it up into three segments day by day creating a little more buildup with explosion at the end of each episode.

                                I get chills watching the crowds during Korn and Limp Bizkits performance. An audience that large and basically all moving in one wave frenzy is amazing to see. I’ve always liked Korn but never seen them live. I don’t know if I could survive those moshes but I don’t think seeing them live today would touch that feeling of being in that frenzy. At least not where I live where rock gets minor attention.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X