Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncolee
    replied
    I recently started on Van Helsing. Don’t really care for the Walking Dead feel to it though. Works for zombies but not so much for Vampires. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Finishing up the last part of Ozark. Great series.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Heartland season 14

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Against the ice - Netflix
    I love the movies based on real historical events. This one is really good. If your looking for something it's worth the watch This is about a 1909 polar expedition
    I was checking the new shows lately, and I was drawn to watching this one soon. Thanks for your feedback. (that's my one thumb up)

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Vikings: Valhalla

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

Thanks Spice- the last few years of Netflix has been pretty hit and miss but I think they have really stepped up and are adding some great content.
    Will add to my watch list
    I think I watched Fortress of War on Amazon while I was looking for the Life and Fate series. Last Breath is pretty crazy though.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I'll check it out. Thanks. Another movie with a similar premise you might want to check out is Fortress of War. German assault of Brest Fortress at the beginning of Operation Barbarossa. They had a lot of civilians on that base. It's nothing like Come and See, but it still gives you an idea of how ruthless the German invasion was.

Last thing I saw on Netflix was Last Breath. Documentary about a commercial diver who gets stranded at the bottom of the North Sea. Good watch.
    Thanks Spice- the last few years of Netflix has been pretty hit and miss but I think they have really stepped up and are adding some great content.
    Will add to my watch list

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    The Bombardment- Netflix
    Another movie based on a real story from WW2.
    This one is a tough and incredibly emotional one to watch.
    This is about the Jeanne d’Arc School which was inadvertently bombed.
    Be warned though, this one will make you cry.
    I'll check it out. Thanks. Another movie with a similar premise you might want to check out is Fortress of War. German assault of Brest Fortress at the beginning of Operation Barbarossa. They had a lot of civilians on that base. It's nothing like Come and See, but it still gives you an idea of how ruthless the German invasion was.

Last thing I saw on Netflix was Last Breath. Documentary about a commercial diver who gets stranded at the bottom of the North Sea. Good watch.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Just got a Netflix account and I have started on The Witcher.
    I played Witcher 3 and in fact since I'm between games atm I que'd it back up. I also cue'd up this series since it's relevant to my current interest ....... and because I read it here. I recheck this thread for ideas once in a while. thx

Love how the series is quite similar to the game in many ways including the bestiary, ... art style and even music. Characters......... you name it. I put it on as I fade to sleep at night so I need to keep backing up when I restart to watch next time I do.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    The Bombardment- Netflix
    Another movie based on a real story from WW2.
    This one is a tough and incredibly emotional one to watch.
    This is about the Jeanne d’Arc School which was inadvertently bombed.
    Be warned though, this one will make you cry.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 03-13-2022, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    While waiting for The Last Kingdom and more Vikings: Valhalla, I’m watching Norsemen, which, according to IMDB, is now called Vikingane.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Against the ice - Netflix
    I love the movies based on real historical events. This one is really good. If your looking for something it's worth the watch This is about a 1909 polar expedition
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 03-08-2022, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Now I’m on Vikings: Valhalla.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Just got a Netflix account and I have started on The Witcher.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Yeah my wife and I found it pretty entertaining. But I did tell her about 90 minutes in that the you know what was todays real life you know what.

Hope that makes sense but don’t want to spoil for anyone.
    I know what.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X