Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm almost done with it, we'll probably finish tomorrow. Really, really good show that hits me right in the nostalgia!
    In the nostalgia? Ok I'll admit I haven't watched a trailer so I'm not really 100% sure what the show is about. Other than reading a little of the synopsis.

I know the show is extremely popular. But you're the first person who I've seen reference nostalgia as a point of intrigue.

Is it possible to avoid spoilers but tell me why it can be considered nostalgic? I just haven't heard that one yet.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
      I absolutely loved Man Up! I haven't watched Kill Me Three Times Yet. I'm gonna watch Shaun of the Dead on Amazon and then move to that one and Hot Fuzz!

I'm also almost finished with season 6 of 7 for Mad Men. One of my favorite series ever. Don Draper is probably in my top five TV characters. Walter White and Malvo from Fargo are ahead of him, but man I do love him so.
      Shaun of the dead is one of the best zombie movies ever... and darn funny.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        In the nostalgia? Ok I'll admit I haven't watched a trailer so I'm not really 100% sure what the show is about. Other than reading a little of the synopsis.

I know the show is extremely popular. But you're the first person who I've seen reference nostalgia as a point of intrigue.

Is it possible to avoid spoilers but tell me why it can be considered nostalgic? I just haven't heard that one yet.
        It's like an 80s show...
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          It's like an 80s show...
          oh ok. Yeah that doesn't spoil anything. Although I don't recall too many 80's shows other than Family Ties. I'm sure I watched plenty of re runs of them in the 90s but none of them stick out to me.

I'm sure the wife and I will give this one a go at some point due to the hype
          sigpic

Comment

oh ok. Yeah that doesn't spoil anything. Although I don't recall too many 80's shows other than Family Ties. I'm sure I watched plenty of re runs of them in the 90s but none of them stick out to me.

I'm sure the wife and I will give this one a go at some point due to the hype
            Well to be more specific it's kind of like the goonies meets stand by me meets an 80s horror movie.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
              Well to be more specific it's kind of like the goonies meets stand by me meets an 80s horror movie.
              I think I'm on board with that
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Their head coach, Buddy Stephens is a real piece of work.

If that had been one of my boys on that team me and that fat boy would've had a talk.
                Coach Wood balances him out nicely though, he was my head coach my freshman year at Gulfport, great guy but too nice as a HC. We didn't win much with him, however we turned it around with the hard ass after him

Comment

As VDB stated, it's basically a modern day Goonies set in the 80s mixed with a horror flick also from the 80s.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    "Last Chance U", about a small juco football team in Scooba, Mississippi.

I love shows like this.
                    I've taken a break from Wentworth to check this out. Enjoying it.
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      OMG, I freaking love Wentworth. It is brilliant. I'm into 4 episodes of Season 4. Holy smokes...the Governor becomes the prisoner. She is so damn evil.....
                      No spoilers!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I started Last Chance U today while on a work from home day with a bad cough I didn't want to spread around.

It's alright. Not great. I'm mainly interested because Jon Franklin is a transfer to Auburn this year. And my god is he horrible at passing. We don't really use our QB's to pass much though.

Roland is kind of funny. And that backup RB is impressive.

But I don't really feel the need to empathize with any of these kids yet. Some of them deserve a second chance. But others like DJ Law are there for a reason. Because he doesn't care about getting his personal life together. I don't care to watch a show about his second chance.

I'm going to stick with it though and maybe I'll like some of them more by seasons end. If anything the filming quality is really high quality on the games so that part is entertaining like a movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Watched the Big Short last night. I'm always in awe of Bales acting ability and range.

I liked the movie. But if you are not a fan of business talk or stock/Wall Street type talk whatsoever you will probably be bored to death like my sister and wife were.
                          sigpic

Comment

• On episode 3 of Stranger Things

Surprisngly really good show im enjoying it so far

Comment

Watched the Big Short last night. I'm always in awe of Bales acting ability and range.

I liked the movie. But if you are not a fan of business talk or stock/Wall Street type talk whatsoever you will probably be bored to death like my sister and wife were.
                              Bale is pretty awesome. And the movie was VERY good.

Comment

• I'm three episodes into Season 4 of Wentworth. This show keeps getting better!

Comment

Working...
                                X