Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I just started it too. Some of it is really sad and some is just plain hilarious.

    Joan Cusack's character? Holy smokes. Talk about dysfunctional.
    Joan's character is great! They all are!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • I tried watching Shameless and could not make it through the first episode. It reminded me of a bad 70's sitcom.

      I started watching Black Mirror. Kind of a modern day Twilight Zone. The first episode was quite unique.

      I really enjoyed Wentworth-- thanks for the referrals. I am crushed Danielle Cormack is not coming back for season 5 as Bea Smith. I am not sure I can even watch season 5 now.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rancid View Post
        I just finished Season 4 of Orange is the New Black. Much better than Season 3, but the ending was kinda weaksauce. Good setup for Season 5.
        I ended up getting completely hooked on OitnB. I still don't like the main character or her girlfriend. Their story arcs are stale and neither of them are good actors. The family members are uninteresting although the actors aren't bad. All of the good stuff happens in the prison and the ensemble cast steals the show. I actually found myself stunned a few times at the end of episodes and I had to take a little break from binge watching every once in a while to soak it in because it was that well done.Also the music is great. Whoever the music director is for that show is earning that paycheck.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

        Comment


        • Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          I ended up getting completely hooked on OitnB. I still don't like the main character or her girlfriend. Their story arcs are stale and neither of them are good actors. The family members are uninteresting although the actors aren't bad. All of the good stuff happens in the prison and the ensemble cast steals the show. I actually found myself stunned a few times at the end of episodes and I had to take a little break from binge watching every once in a while to soak it in because it was that well done.Also the music is great. Whoever the music director is for that show is earning that paycheck.
          Both of my children (in college) said the same thing you did about the characters and neither of them finished it. I liked the music too. After I finished it, I took the recommendation by EB and some others and watched Wentworth. I liked it much better than OITNB. It is grittier and a lot less dramady. My son told the next season of The 100 comes out in October and I am really looking forward to that.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            Both of my children (in college) said the same thing you did about the characters and neither of them finished it. I liked the music too. After I finished it, I took the recommendation by EB and some others and watched Wentworth. I liked it much better than OITNB. It is grittier and a lot less dramady. My son told the next season of The 100 comes out in October and I am really looking forward to that.
            Oh, but the Freak?? What a twisted character!!!!!!! No spoilers...
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


            Comment


            • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              Oh, but the Freak?? What a twisted character!!!!!!! No spoilers...
              The Freak was a heavy villain surrounded by other villains. Bea was the offsetting heavy heroine with no other heroines (after Franky left). There is no more established heroine to root for.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                Both of my children (in college) said the same thing you did about the characters and neither of them finished it. I liked the music too. After I finished it, I took the recommendation by EB and some others and watched Wentworth. I liked it much better than OITNB. It is grittier and a lot less dramady. My son told the next season of The 100 comes out in October and I am really looking forward to that.
                I'll still watch OitnB because there are a handful of characters that I really like and some that I find entertaining. As the seasons went on there were less and less cringeworthy moments, more and more genuine moments of drama. If it takes a Dexter Dive I'll stop though.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                Comment


                • Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                  I'll still watch OitnB because there are a handful of characters that I really like and some that I find entertaining. As the seasons went on there were less and less cringeworthy moments, more and more genuine moments of drama. If it takes a Dexter Dive I'll stop though.
                  I'll still watch it since I've seen all of it. I'm weird like that. I develop a loyalty to shows. Like Srubs? And The Office? The last seasons were horrible(mostly) but I rode them into the sunset. Or Season 2 of Z-Nation? As cheesy and corny as that show is? I'll probably watch it too! Some, I turn off... but most I'll go down with them.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                  Comment


                  • Stranger Things
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Stranger Things
                      You'll love it
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        You'll love it
                        I liked the first two episodes. Mainly the nostalgia people kept talking about.

                        Only problem is my wife already had nightmares from it so I may have trouble getting her to continue on.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          I liked the first two episodes. Mainly the nostalgia people kept talking about.

                          Only problem is my wife already had nightmares from it so I may have trouble getting her to continue on.
                          She shouldn't continue, but you should
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            She shouldn't continue, but you should
                            Therein lies my dilemma. I don't really have time to add on new shows to my laundry list. I needed a new me and her show.

                            Plus it's football season. I already have two other shows on the DVr.

                            I'll figure something out. I'm going to attempt to get her one more show in and promise her we will watch something lighter after wards like fear the walking dead.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • I'm really tempted to check out the newest netflix original ARC. Looks interesting...If I dive in, I'll let you all know what I think.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Zootopia for the kids today under the new Disney to Netflix streaming program.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X