• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Power watched through punisher.

Not good.

Slow.
    Good to know. I just added it to my watch list intending to watch after I finished up Longmire. Now I might remove it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Power watched through punisher.

Not good.

Slow.
      Really, that's disappointing, still gonna watch but not excited about it anymore
      sigpic
      BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Just finished Season 3 of Broadchurch. Loved it. I love British crime series.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
          My daughter recently turned me on to The Ranch, the Broncos references are cool.

Been a fan of Cuthbert since The Girl Next Door, great cast in this one.
          Oo, I love getting new recommendations. What's it about?
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Oo, I love getting new recommendations. What's it about?
            It's not a new show. It's in like season 4 as a Netflix original. It's with Ashton Kutcher and Hyde from that 70's show. It's about him bombing out as a professional Quarterback and going back to work on his families Ranch with his brother and dad played by Sam Elliot.

It's pretty entertaining.
            sigpic

Comment

• Finally watched Death Note. Started a bit cheesy but ended up really good.

I was disappointed that they never attempted writing Riok in the book. They made the kid out to be so smart I thought he would come up with something clever like a super quick laser printer or something.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Finally watched Death Note. Started a bit cheesy but ended up really good.

I was disappointed that they never attempted writing Riok in the book. They made the kid out to be so smart I thought he would come up with something clever like a super quick laser printer or something.
                The Netflix movie? I thought the movie was good but I keep hearing it really pales compared to the anime. It's supposed to have way more of a chess match between Light and L since there is a whole lot more time to let it play out. I keep meaning to sit and watch the entire series, and what I've seen is interesting, I'm just not used to watching anime. I thought the movie was a really good introduction to the Death Note franchise.

I know in the movie Ryuk made a threat about his name being written down, and yet his name is written down anyway which is a major plot hole. The show makes it clear that you can't kill a Shinigami this way. It was probably just pointless dialogue.
                Last edited by Freestyle; 12-05-2017, 11:01 AM.
                You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• As someone that read the manga and watched the anime multiple times. This is one of those situations where if you viewed prior content the movie won't be as good. Kinda like reading Harry Potter then watching it and saying this was better in the book or that was better in the book. Majority of the opinions I've seen from people like me that had viewed the anime before the movie was even thought of, are all very negative.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
                    The Netflix movie? I thought the movie was good but I keep hearing it really pales compared to the anime. It's supposed to have way more of a chess match between Light and L since there is a whole lot more time to let it play out. I keep meaning to sit and watch the entire series, and what I've seen is interesting, I'm just not used to watching anime. I thought the movie was a really good introduction to the Death Note franchise.

I know in the movie Ryuk made a threat about his name being written down, and yet his name is written down anyway which is a major plot hole. The show makes it clear that you can't kill a Shinigami this way. It was probably just pointless dialogue.
                    I know nothing of the anime. Just looked interesting so I gave the movie a shot. I guess they did mention his name on earlier pages. I kind of thought it was supposed to be a loophole where his name could be written on the blank pages with being killed. I guess Light just took his word for it. And you can't set up a sequel if you take him out this movie.

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    As someone that read the manga and watched the anime multiple times. This is one of those situations where if you viewed prior content the movie won't be as good. Kinda like reading Harry Potter then watching it and saying this was better in the book or that was better in the book. Majority of the opinions I've seen from people like me that had viewed the anime before the movie was even thought of, are all very negative.
                    That's understandable but I knew nothing about it. So I found it entertaining.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I like to watch those random martial arts movies on Netflix. Kind of a guilty pleasure. That's practically the only reason I even turn it on anymore (all the MCU shows seem to suck now). Last one I watched was Sword Master, and it's actually worth a go if you like those movies. Even if you don't like those movies, the Ip Man trilogy is fantastic. I watched the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel, and it was meh. Nothing compared to the first. Ong Bak is a great movie, but Idt it's on Netflix anymore. Fearless is worth a go, but that one's pretty popular already. A lot of Jackie Chan's movies are in there, too. Most of these type of movies are cheesy, but every now and then you stumble into an Enter the Dragon situation so it's like opening a Christmas present.

Little off topic, but how many people here have forced a family member to watch Old Boy? lol. Or maybe it's on topic, Idk if it's on Netflix right now. For those who haven't seen it, DO NOT watch the worthless Spike Lee remake. Watch the original. And don't Google the damn thing before watching it, you'll end up ruining it.
                      Last edited by Spice 1; 12-06-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Did they just release 2 new seasons (3rd and 4th) of "Turn" ??? Does anyone watch that? I watched the first 2 seasons and it seemed decent.

Comment

• Danny Masterson aka Hyde, was fired from "The Ranch" last night
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Danny Masterson aka Hyde, was fired from "The Ranch" last night
                            I saw that yesterday. My brother thinks it will kill the show because he can't envision it without him. Personally I feel he isn't imperative to the show because I find him more obnoxious as a way of humor than outright funny.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              I saw that yesterday. My brother thinks it will kill the show because he can't envision it without him. Personally I feel he isn't imperative to the show because I find him more obnoxious as a way of humor than outright funny.
                              I'm with your brother
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                I like to watch those random martial arts movies on Netflix. Kind of a guilty pleasure. That's practically the only reason I even turn it on anymore (all the MCU shows seem to suck now). Last one I watched was Sword Master, and it's actually worth a go if you like those movies. Even if you don't like those movies, the Ip Man trilogy is fantastic. I watched the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel, and it was meh. Nothing compared to the first. Ong Bak is a great movie, but Idt it's on Netflix anymore. Fearless is worth a go, but that one's pretty popular already. A lot of Jackie Chan's movies are in there, too. Most of these type of movies are cheesy, but every now and then you stumble into an Enter the Dragon situation so it's like opening a Christmas present.

Little off topic, but how many people here have forced a family member to watch Old Boy? lol. Or maybe it's on topic, Idk if it's on Netflix right now. For those who haven't seen it, DO NOT watch the worthless Spike Lee remake. Watch the original. And don't Google the damn thing before watching it, you'll end up ruining it.
                                Cancel the bolded. I'm three episodes into Punisher now, and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X