No announcement yet.

Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald’s Game- Another Netflix original based on a Stephen King story. Was really really good.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Cancel the bolded. I'm three episodes into Punisher now, and I love it.
      I’m starting it in the next week now that the CW shows are wrapping up for the fall break.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I’m starting it in the next week now that the CW shows are wrapping up for the fall break.
        It's slow developing like EM said, but I don't mind shows like that. So far I think it's the best one since Daredevil. I know that's not saying a lot, but hey.

Comment

It's slow developing like EM said, but I don't mind shows like that. So far I think it's the best one since Daredevil. I know that's not saying a lot, but hey.
          I’ve liked all of them. But i stopped liking them more than the DC shows on CW. Although I really liked the Defenders in August more than most people.

I’m looking forward to finally starting the Punisher.
          sigpic

Comment

• Only two episodes in so far and it’s a complete snooze fest. But I’ll try to stick with it since Spice said it’s slow developing.
            sigpic

Comment

• I've been watching Frasier on Netflix
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                I've been watching Frasier on Netflix
                Great show
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Only two episodes in so far and it’s a complete snooze fest. But I’ll try to stick with it since Spice said it’s slow developing.
                  I finished it tonight. If you hold out 'till the end, it's kind of worth it, because the ending is pretty solid. Sets up the second season. Overall, I wouldn't call it great (definitely had some crappy moments), but honestly man, I couldn't finish Defenders or Jessica Jones. And Iron Fist kind of went from solid to crap fest for me.

Comment

I finished it tonight. If you hold out 'till the end, it's kind of worth it, because the ending is pretty solid. Sets up the second season. Overall, I wouldn't call it great (definitely had some crappy moments), but honestly man, I couldn't finish Defenders or Jessica Jones. And Iron Fist kind of went from solid to crap fest for me.
                    Well that’s not exactly a rave review. I think one problem I’m staring to have with these Netflix marvel shows is I think they try too hard to have high quality filming. And what I mean by that is it causes them to feel like you aren’t watching something based on a comic. I mean if I didn’t know any better I would think punisher is just about a former service member with PTSD.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well that’s not exactly a rave review. I think one problem I’m staring to have with these Netflix marvel shows is I think they try too hard to have high quality filming. And what I mean by that is it causes them to feel like you aren’t watching something based on a comic. I mean if I didn’t know any better I would think punisher is just about a former service member with PTSD.
                      Good point. It's less comic and more drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        Good to know. I just added it to my watch list intending to watch after I finished up Longmire. Now I might remove it.
                        Lol, I am powering through longmire... good series.

Ya watching the punisher deal with a child stealing a skateboard.... and not by blowing up a whole neighbourhood....is painful..
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          Lol, I am powering through longmire... good series.

Ya watching the punisher deal with a child stealing a skateboard.... and not by blowing up a whole neighbourhood....is painful..
                          "Never much into hip hop, but Wu Tang...that's that next level ish." lol.

Comment

• I'm up through episode 8 of the Punisher now. I agree with Spice that the story has picked up in terms of being interesting. But I still fail to see how this qualifies as "The Punisher" to this point. It's extremely low action and half of the included action doesn't even involve the Punisher. It's not at all what I was expecting and hoping for. I thought this would be the largest amount of action and gun play of all the Marvel/Netflix shows and it seems to be the least. It's a strong story but like I said yesterday if I didn't know any better I would say it's a different type of drama and not a comic show at all.

They spend so much time with character/story development and explaining why he is how he is and it always seems like the conflict is later down the road.

Again I guess I'm enjoying it now but it's not at all what I expected.

Side note....The stones on Billy Russo! wow!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Finished Punisher last night. Overall I liked it but not as a comic punisher. More for the other story aspects of it.
                              I still never truly felt like I was watching the punisher at all until the last two episodes.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I finished "The Ranch" season 4 tonight. It was serious but good. This will be the last season that I watch, though
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X