Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The wife and I started Godless last night. A bit slow developing but has our interest so far.
    Couldn't even get through the first episode of Godless. I'm usually able to hang in with movies and books but couldn't with this.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Couldn't even get through the first episode of Godless. I'm usually able to hang in with movies and books but couldn't with this.
      Oh it’s really good. It wasn’t that slow for me. I liked episodes 2 and 3 a lot more.

However i agree with my wife that it doesn’t feel as western authentic as things like Westworld or Hell on Wheels.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        Stick with it. It's a goodin.

It is... I enjoyed it...

Watching mad men now... really had a hard time sticking with it at first...but it’s just funny to watch the behaviours in the workplace in the 60’s

It’s really well done.
        sigpic

Comment

• Finally finished Bloodline.

Might be one of the worst final seasons of a show I’ve ever watched.
          sigpic

Comment

Finally finished Bloodline.

Have you seen "Haven"? That was equally bad
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Finally finished Bloodline.

Right? I felt like I wasted all the time I spent watching it. Awful,

Comment

Right? I felt like I wasted all the time I spent watching it. Awful,
                The first season was very captivating. The second season was starting to sour on me as I was starting to realize all of the main characters were completely despicable people. By the time the final season rolled around I was like I hate you all and hope you all burn. And the last couple of episodes just got really really weird. Sometimes I despise my OCD need to finish what I started. But I'm glad it's over now. Really disappointed Netflix couldn't keep that one going better. Perhaps it would've been better suited for a limited time series with minimal fallout at the end. Rather than wasting two seasons trying to handle the fallout.
                sigpic

Comment

• Recently binged Planet Earth II in the past week. Still have the finale left to go though. Love documentaries of animal and plant life on big screen HD TV's. Hard to find anything more beautiful looking on a tv. It has many a slow parts but I'm always mind blown at how cameraman are able to capture 80% of these things in life. I mean so much unexplored territory and yet they still seem to find ways to film stuff in places you would think no one would ever go. I realize some of it is camera tricks like using a computer to speed up an image of a plant growing to make it look cooler. But they still had to have a camera there a long time to record it.

A lot of breathtaking mind blowing facts about this planet that just seem so unreal at times.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Only have the series finale left of Godless to finish. Overall I would say my wife and I are highly disappointed.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Parks and Rec is really funny, to most that's no secret....to those out there like me who let slip through- give it a shot. Really funny and likable characters.

Comment

Mindhunter which depicts how the FBI developed their protocols for depicting serial killers....

And The Crown, awesome series and helps one understand the monarchy and its relationship to the rest of the world.
                        Claire Foy is excellent in that show. Very excited to see how they progress with bringing in new actors to play the same roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          Parks and Rec is really funny, to most that's no secret....to those out there like me who let slip through- give it a shot. Really funny and likable characters.

My favorite show!

Even though I've probably watched the series from start to finish in no particular order at least 7 or 8 times it still never fails to put a smile on my face.

Leslie and Ron's friendship (or work proximity associate-ship) is simply awesome.
                          A book I wrote

Comment

Only have the series finale left of Godless to finish. Overall I would say my wife and I are highly disappointed.
                            Sorry to hear, my wife and i loved it
                            sigpic
                            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                              Claire Foy is excellent in that show. Very excited to see how they progress with bringing in new actors to play the same roles.
                              Claire Foy was indeed amazing. Had not been familiar with her before. Terrific series.

Comment

Recently binged Planet Earth II in the past week. Still have the finale left to go though. Love documentaries of animal and plant life on big screen HD TV's. Hard to find anything more beautiful looking on a tv. It has many a slow parts but I'm always mind blown at how cameraman are able to capture 80% of these things in life. I mean so much unexplored territory and yet they still seem to find ways to film stuff in places you would think no one would ever go. I realize some of it is camera tricks like using a computer to speed up an image of a plant growing to make it look cooler. But they still had to have a camera there a long time to record it.

A lot of breathtaking mind blowing facts about this planet that just seem so unreal at times.
                                I got that series several years ago. Wow, just wow. The photographers, if I remember, took 5 or so years to film. Nature is a thing of beauty and can also be so cruel. Truly astounding piece of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X