Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I find you can run out of things to watch on Netflix. Or any of the similar sites.

I have tried a few different ones. Seem to always come back to Netflix.
    Yep, it all comes down to taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I find you can run out of things to watch on Netflix. Or any of the similar sites.

I have tried a few different ones. Seem to always come back to Netflix.
      Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Yep, it all comes down to taste.
      I agree. The other thing is you also don't really know how much time different people have to watch stuff. Your tastes may be that a lot of the Netflix stuff interests you less than me. But it could also be that either of you have already watched everything of high value on Netflix which increases how much it will feel like good new stuff is added at a snails pace.

I mostly like a lot of the Netflix originals. Though it's starting to get saturated with how much they are doing it now. There's not a ton I watch on there that was on tv first anymore. I'm highly interested in this Lost in Space reboot coming next week. But I also find it annoying that Netflix can go 2 years between seasons for a show sometimes. Makes it hard to stay invested.

For me the stuff on Amazon is mostly genre's that I'm just not interested in. Though you guys may be. I did originally get into Vikings on Prime. So that was good. But once we caught up we recorded live tv episodes. Also I originally got into Teen Wolf on Netflix. But it moved to Prime. I'm still waiting on the final half season to be on there.

But I tried Bosch due to my brothers recommendation and because I like those books. But I got bored halfway through season 2. And the movies they get tend to interest me way less often than Netflix.

But to each their own.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        There is literally not a single quality thing to watch on Amazon Prime. If we didn’t use the delivery service i would not pay for the video service.
        Just depends on your tastes. I find plenty to watch on there. The Grand Tour is great if you like cars (or brittish people acting silly with cars involved) The Man in the High Castle, Jean-Claude Van Johnson, The Tick.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Just depends on your tastes. I find plenty to watch on there. The Grand Tour is great if you like cars (or brittish people acting silly with cars involved) The Man in the High Castle, Jean-Claude Van Johnson, The Tick.
          Yeah if you read a little further down you'll notice I was really just making the same exact point to the people who were in the "Netflix-what are you watching" thread complaining about Netflix and saying there is better stuff on Amazon. There's more than plenty of good quality tv shows and movies on Netflix. It just doesn't suit everyone's tastes.

I find it humorous that more people got defensive of me making the same rash claim about Amazon even though this is a Netflix thread.
          sigpic

Comment

• I watch old favorites like "Crossing Jordan", "Burn Notice", "White Collar", etc.
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Watched the first episode of the new Lost in Space. It's still early, but it really looks like Netflix may have done it again and churned out another hit TV show.
              sigpic

Comment

Watched the first episode of the new Lost in Space. It's still early, but it really looks like Netflix may have done it again and churned out another hit TV show.
                I’m dying to get to that. It looks really good. Trying to finish up a couple of other things first. Glad to hear a positive review on here
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  I’m dying to get to that. It looks really good. Trying to finish up a couple of other things first. Glad to hear a positive review on here
                  One thing to caution you against. Don't expect realistic science fiction...The people that hate it keep getting caught up on things that are just simply not accurate to reality. Story wise it is good so far, but people nit pick the science aspects to death...just enjoy the freaking story and suspend your disbelief. It's a good show as long as you don't get hung up on that.
                  sigpic

Comment

One thing to caution you against. Don't expect realistic science fiction...The people that hate it keep getting caught up on things that are just simply not accurate to reality. Story wise it is good so far, but people nit pick the science aspects to death...just enjoy the freaking story and suspend your disbelief. It's a good show as long as you don't get hung up on that.
                    I started it last night...it is good. I hate the new robot...but I had the classic show one in mind so I’ll get over it.,
                    sigpic

Comment

Well that seems a bit ridiculous since it’s a show about being lost in space. Just the initial concept should tell you it’s not something humans are realistically capable of doing yet. I mean the orginal show came out before we even put a man on the moon. It wasn’t realistic then. Why should it be now?

People complain about the weirdest stuff. Is Star Wars suddenly garbage now? Because nothing in that series is “realistic”.

Thanks for the heads up. But I already wasn’t interested in this because I thought it was going to be realistic. That was never on my radar. Plus I’m not very smart with science anyway. So I doubt I’ll know any better.
                      sigpic

Comment

Watched the first episode of the new Lost in Space. It's still early, but it really looks like Netflix may have done it again and churned out another hit TV show.
                        Cant wait to check it out!

Funny story, My wife and I were visiting her Mom this weekend. When we arrived on Friday and got settled in her Mom asks if we have started the new Lost in Space, i knew it was coming up soon and was surprised it was out, but told her not yet but we do want to watch. She says they are watching it now, about half way through it.

She says she can start it over but its long and understands if we want to get to bed, it was 9pm when we arrived. I said an hour is ok we dont mind, she says no its a 2hr opening episode. I thought that is weird but said i think we will be ok. Before we started my Mother in Law went to pour us all wine, her husband then comments that the show is wierd and he has trouble with one character. He says is its hard picturing him in anything other then Friends...that is the last flag and it finally hits me...I say hold on are you talking about Matt le Blanc??? and he says yea that guy, he is forever Joey. I start laughing hysterically, when they finally get me to talk I let them know they are watching the Lost in Space movie from the 90's. apparently they had
                        never heard of it and thought it was the new tv show. holy cow that was funny.
                        sigpic
                        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

I started watching this and really think it is a winner. It ties in the old series from when I was a kid quite nicely. If I had not run across your recommendation I would have missed it-- thank you!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well y’all are just making my dying to start this show now. But I’ve got to get the wife through the most current season of OINTB first. And we only finished episode 2 last night.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                              Cant wait to check it out!

Funny story, My wife and I were visiting her Mom this weekend. When we arrived on Friday and got settled in her Mom asks if we have started the new Lost in Space, i knew it was coming up soon and was surprised it was out, but told her not yet but we do want to watch. She says they are watching it now, about half way through it.

She says she can start it over but its long and understands if we want to get to bed, it was 9pm when we arrived. I said an hour is ok we dont mind, she says no its a 2hr opening episode. I thought that is weird but said i think we will be ok. Before we started my Mother in Law went to pour us all wine, her husband then comments that the show is wierd and he has trouble with one character. He says is its hard picturing him in anything other then Friends...that is the last flag and it finally hits me...I say hold on are you talking about Matt le Blanc??? and he says yea that guy, he is forever Joey. I start laughing hysterically, when they finally get me to talk I let them know they are watching the Lost in Space movie from the 90's. apparently they had
                              never heard of it and thought it was the new tv show. holy cow that was funny.
                              Lots of people hate the 90's movie, but I mean, Gary Oldman as the villain? Sign me up! Plus Heather Graham!!! I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I loved that movie I actually wish Le Blanc would have had more roles after Friends.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lots of people hate the 90's movie, but I mean, Gary Oldman as the villain? Sign me up! Plus Heather Graham!!! I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I loved that movie I actually wish Le Blanc would have had more roles after Friends.
                                Gary Oldman was great as always, Heather did a good job. The rest of the acting in the movie was bleh to me. And Le Blanc was the worst, I just don't like him as an actor, even in Friends he was my least favorite character mostly from his lack of acting.
                                sigpic
                                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Working...
                                X