Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    I watched the pilot and felt like it got hokie at the end when something showed up. I will definitely keep watching though as visuals make it easy to imagine what its like on other planets.
    Yeah but that’s at least an episode in. Not 10 minutes.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Hated what? Lost in Space. That's extremely absurd to judge a show based on 10 minutes.
      We all have different tastes and things we go by. I've quit shows 5-10 minutes in before
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Yeah but that’s at least an episode in. Not 10 minutes.
        Sorry wasnt referring to the 10 minute thing specifically just using quotes to continue the conversation
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          We all have different tastes and things we go by. I've quit shows 5-10 minutes in before
          I can’t imagine having given up on Sopranos, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones in the first 10 minutes. I didn’t even like Game of Thrones until season 3 other than bits and pieces. Thankfully my wife kept me into it.
          sigpic

Comment

I can’t imagine having given up on Sopranos, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones in the first 10 minutes. I didn’t even like Game of Thrones until season 3 other than bits and pieces. Thankfully my wife kept me into it.
            I've done it a few times, and I'm glad. I did it with "Lost" and Life" & I'm not sorry that I did. I can tell immediately with shows and foods, within a minute or few minutes whether I like it or not
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• I gqve up on GOT many times the first episode. I was encouraged to keep watching and am glad i did.
              sigpic

Comment

• Finished episodes 2 and 3 last night. The visuals continue to be stunning. Some of the characters are a little bit weak to me. I'm not really convinced the villain is a good actress. And I'm not finding the main characters quite as compelling as the start. But it's still a very interesting story that I want more answers to.
                sigpic

Comment

• Made it through episode 9 of Lost in Space last night. Really enjoying it for the most part. It was too late to start the season finale and my wife works tonight.. So unfortunately won't finish until tomorrow night.

There are quite a few clunky lines at times and some plotholes. But the overall entertainment allows me to ignore it.

One of the worst tv lines I've ever heard though is "Her name checks out on the manifest. And her vitals matched" What??? Her vitals matched is your excuse for believing her? Does the show just think we are all morons and won't question a stupid line and assume we don't know any better? Vitals are not like DNA. It's just a coincidence they match not some sign. Vitals can change at any given time based on several variables. That's not a thing to say you believe someone because their vitals matched. Maybe I know better because my wife is a nurse and has to check every single patience vitals first thing where she works. But I feel like I would know that's not a thing even if I wasn't married to a nurse.

Also the escape out of the tar pit was pretty bad. Even if the hydrogen can create an air bubble can it really blow a human size hole up through a tar pit? And even if it does how do they climb up as if they are low crawling on ground? Rather than through liquid. Then despite their chariot sinking in the dead middle of the tar pit they somehow conveniently come up right next to the ground. Covered in tar on their arms than now somehow isn't scolding hot. I know they had to find a way to escape but that was pretty bad.

Which speaking of I'm kind of getting tired of every episode teasing a dramatic "Robinson X" is going to die without a miracle. I mean if the series intends to follow anywhere close to the original then none of the family members would be killed in season 1. So I don't really fall for the drama.

Anyways a few small complaints but the show is still highly entertaining in spite of these things. Most of them just make us laugh.

Oh and before I'm done I don't get Dr Smith at all. She's mostly a manipulative lier to survive. But she makes at least 1 move per episode that is ultra confusing and just makes no sense. Like why ruin the ship launch? You want to die on the planet that's dying?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Finally starting the second season of Jessica Jones. Two episodes in and it's not off to a very promising start.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I watched Netflix's "Cargo" last night... post-apocolyptic zombie movie. I'm a big fan of both Post-Apoc and Zombie films even though I typically don't like the "horror" genre.

Cargo was interesting. It definitely focused more on the human relationships vs. the Zombies. It was a different take on the sickness/side effects as well. I enjoyed it as it felt a little different than the norm.

Comment

Finally starting the second season of Jessica Jones. Two episodes in and it's not off to a very promising start.
                        It didn't get much better throughout either. Easily the worst of the Marvel Netflix shows.
                        sigpic

Comment

• My dad and I started & watched Hyde's last season on "The Ranch". It had a good story to it, but the comedy wasn't there

Comment

• I am watching Queen of the South and really enjoying it. There is not build up with this one. It steps on the gas in episode one and never looks back.
                            sigpic

Comment

Made it through episode 9 of Lost in Space last night. Really enjoying it for the most part. It was too late to start the season finale and my wife works tonight.. So unfortunately won't finish until tomorrow night.

There are quite a few clunky lines at times and some plotholes. But the overall entertainment allows me to ignore it.

One of the worst tv lines I've ever heard though is "Her name checks out on the manifest. And her vitals matched" What??? Her vitals matched is your excuse for believing her? Does the show just think we are all morons and won't question a stupid line and assume we don't know any better? Vitals are not like DNA. It's just a coincidence they match not some sign. Vitals can change at any given time based on several variables. That's not a thing to say you believe someone because their vitals matched. Maybe I know better because my wife is a nurse and has to check every single patience vitals first thing where she works. But I feel like I would know that's not a thing even if I wasn't married to a nurse.

Also the escape out of the tar pit was pretty bad. Even if the hydrogen can create an air bubble can it really blow a human size hole up through a tar pit? And even if it does how do they climb up as if they are low crawling on ground? Rather than through liquid. Then despite their chariot sinking in the dead middle of the tar pit they somehow conveniently come up right next to the ground. Covered in tar on their arms than now somehow isn't scolding hot. I know they had to find a way to escape but that was pretty bad.

Which speaking of I'm kind of getting tired of every episode teasing a dramatic "Robinson X" is going to die without a miracle. I mean if the series intends to follow anywhere close to the original then none of the family members would be killed in season 1. So I don't really fall for the drama.

Anyways a few small complaints but the show is still highly entertaining in spite of these things. Most of them just make us laugh.

Oh and before I'm done I don't get Dr Smith at all. She's mostly a manipulative lier to survive. But she makes at least 1 move per episode that is ultra confusing and just makes no sense. Like why ruin the ship launch? You want to die on the planet that's dying?
                              I thought the show was great, but I agree with you on a couple of things. The miracle escapes in every episode got a little monotonous, and Smith's motivations did become a little cloudy as the season went on. They gave her a lot of dialogue to explain herself more, but it was a little out there. There was a bit of villain by circumstance going on there, that made some sense of it all. All in all though, one of the best shows I've seen on Netflix. Wife talked me into it, and very rarely do shows pan out when she does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                I thought the show was great, but I agree with you on a couple of things. The miracle escapes in every episode got a little monotonous, and Smith's motivations did become a little cloudy as the season went on. They gave her a lot of dialogue to explain herself more, but it was a little out there. There was a bit of villain by circumstance going on there, that made some sense of it all. All in all though, one of the best shows I've seen on Netflix. Wife talked me into it, and very rarely do shows pan out when she does.
                                Yeah I liked it and am looking forward to season two. Just several why moments.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X