Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    SUUUUUPER STOKED for these today:

    Medal of Honor – Netflix Original
    Outlaw King – Netflix Original
    Watched the first two episodes of Medal of Honor today. Pretty good. Especially the second one.

    The timer seems glitched though because they said 55 minutes and 1 hour each but both were done in a combined hour and 15 minutes total.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Outlaw king

      Not a bad movie. Honestly, it would've been a good mini series. The pacing is really odd. Things just kinda happen one after another and you forget who is who minus like 4 characters. The battles were good. This movie was 2 hours but felt shorter.

      Overall not bad but I think it would've been better as a mini series to flesh out characters better

      Comment


      • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
        Outlaw king

        Not a bad movie. Honestly, it would've been a good mini series. The pacing is really odd. Things just kinda happen one after another and you forget who is who minus like 4 characters. The battles were good. This movie was 2 hours but felt shorter.

        Overall not bad but I think it would've been better as a mini series to flesh out characters better
        I agree. It kind of felt like he wasn’t really a good leader at all and was way in over his head and then kind of just lucked into a good strategy at the end.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          I agree. It kind of felt like he wasn’t really a good leader at all and was way in over his head and then kind of just lucked into a good strategy at the end.
          Yeah it all happened so fast. One minute hes swearing allegiance to Edward then like 4 days later hes already planning a rebellion. I dont know much about the history but it just all seemed rushed. Also douglas was awesome

          Comment


          • I'm about half way into season three of Daredevil, and I'm loving it so far. I know some of you guys said it's slow, and I agree, but I've never had a problem with shows that gradually pick up speed as the season goes along. It's like, when there's a ton of action, it becomes stale to me. And I'll tell you what, the prison scene in episode 4 was amazing. Reminded me of Old Boy, and the scene from Battle of the Bastards where Jon is running through the battlefield. I love when directors do these massive scenes in one shot, and just follow the action. That one scene alone was more impressive than just about anything I've seen in any of the other Netflix/Marvel shows.

            Also glad they got back to the Kingpin, and away from the supernatural Elektra and Defenders stuff. I know that's a big part of Daredevil's story, but that whole thing really felt forced, and didn't fit well at all following the first season. I thought it almost killed the end of season two, even though the first half of season two was pretty good.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              I'm about half way into season three of Daredevil, and I'm loving it so far. I know some of you guys said it's slow, and I agree, but I've never had a problem with shows that gradually pick up speed as the season goes along. It's like, when there's a ton of action, it becomes stale to me. And I'll tell you what, the prison scene in episode 4 was amazing. Reminded me of Old Boy, and the scene from Battle of the Bastards where Jon is running through the battlefield. I love when directors do these massive scenes in one shot, and just follow the action. That one scene alone was more impressive than just about anything I've seen in any of the other Netflix/Marvel shows.

              Also glad they got back to the Kingpin, and away from the supernatural Elektra and Defenders stuff. I know that's a big part of Daredevil's story, but that whole thing really felt forced, and didn't fit well at all following the first season. I thought it almost killed the end of season two, even though the first half of season two was pretty good.
              I quit watching after episode 7.

              Moved over to House of Cards final season. Though honestly that’s a much bigger train wreck.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                I quit watching after episode 7.

                Moved over to House of Cards final season. Though honestly that’s a much bigger train wreck.
                Never really got into that show. I might check it out after I get caught up with some of the other stuff.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  Never really got into that show. I might check it out after I get caught up with some of the other stuff.
                  The early seasons are fantastic. But they wrote Kevin spacey out of the final season due to his legal issues. And the show did a complete 180 from the prior direction and it’s like they are trying to wash their hands and pretend like they were never involved with spacey.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Finished up final season of House of Cards. Has to rate up there as one of the worst final seasons for a show in tv history. I’m so angry I wasted 8 hours of my life on that train wreck.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Finished up final season of House of Cards. Has to rate up there as one of the worst final seasons for a show in tv history. I’m so angry I wasted 8 hours of my life on that train wreck.
                      What other shows make your list?
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        What other shows make your list?
                        Bloodline and Boardwalk Empire
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          Finished up final season of House of Cards. Has to rate up there as one of the worst final seasons for a show in tv history. I’m so angry I wasted 8 hours of my life on that train wreck.
                          I felt the same way. Such a sad and painful ending.
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            What other shows make your list?
                            Dexter as well.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Before I Wake.

                              That was pretty decent. There were a few jump scares, but overall pretty decent.
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                                Outlaw king

                                Not a bad movie. Honestly, it would've been a good mini series. The pacing is really odd. Things just kinda happen one after another and you forget who is who minus like 4 characters. The battles were good. This movie was 2 hours but felt shorter.

                                Overall not bad but I think it would've been better as a mini series to flesh out characters better
                                This^^^

                                I enjoyed it but it could've been so much more. Cinematography was awesome, and the battle sequences were great but they missed out on a great opportunity to make it so much more. A 10 episode one season series would've been perfect. Robert The Bruce was a great leader, maybe not William Wallace but a great leader according to history. This movie didn't do him justice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X