Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix; what are you watching??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watched The Irishman a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed it.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

    Comment


    • Finally watched In the Tall Grass last night based on the Stephen King Novella.

      Pretty good but very odd at times. Basically kind of felt like they were stuck in purgatory the entire movie.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • I am SO stoked for "The Witcher" series being released in 9 days!

        Comment


        • Finally got around to watching The Irishman this week. Man, Scorsese and that bunch never disappoint. What a great movie.

          Also watched The King last night. Pretty good take with some liberties of Shakespeare's Henrian plays. Chalamet is always a treat.

          Do we only talk about Netflix shows here or... any streaming shows?

          If not, I won't talk about other stuffs.

          But the boy and I are watching Vultron... we've been trying to find something to fill the void that Avatar left since we don't have The Legend of Korra and we're all caught up on the Dragon Prince.
          sigpic

          DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            Finally got around to watching The Irishman this week. Man, Scorsese and that bunch never disappoint. What a great movie.

            Also watched The King last night. Pretty good take with some liberties of Shakespeare's Henrian plays. Chalamet is always a treat.

            Do we only talk about Netflix shows here or... any streaming shows?

            If not, I won't talk about other stuffs.

            But the boy and I are watching Vultron... we've been trying to find something to fill the void that Avatar left since we don't have The Legend of Korra and we're all caught up on the Dragon Prince.
            There’s a Disney+ thread and I believe there is a prime or Hulu thread around here somewhere. Probably buried on later pages.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
              Finally got around to watching The Irishman this week. Man, Scorsese and that bunch never disappoint. What a great movie.

              Also watched The King last night. Pretty good take with some liberties of Shakespeare's Henrian plays. Chalamet is always a treat.

              Do we only talk about Netflix shows here or... any streaming shows?

              If not, I won't talk about other stuffs.

              But the boy and I are watching Vultron... we've been trying to find something to fill the void that Avatar left since we don't have The Legend of Korra and we're all caught up on the Dragon Prince.
              You have a kid now?
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

              Comment


              • Just finished watching the first episode of The Witcher.

                Netflix just might have a blockbuster on their hands, if they can keep themselves from tripping over their own feet and going all PC. I freaking LOVE the games and so, for better or worse, my expectations were through the roof. I initially had concerns about the lead cast (Henry Cavill) and if they would Netflixify the series. Well, none of that has happened so far. Henry is absolutely incredible as Geralt. I don't want to spoil anything but you guys are in for a treat!

                My personal score for the pilot episode: 9.5/10 (I agree with the current imdb score in that regard)

                Now comes the hard part. Do I go ahead and watch another episode straight away or do I pace myself to make it last longer? Goddamnit!
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

                Comment


                • Watched the second episode and after a great first episode, the series takes a massive dive into mediocrity. It's forgettable drivel at best. Netflix just couldn't help themselves and had to turn Slavic folklore into some PC-rated garbage that befits their own agenda, with zero respect for the lore and its well established characters. What a travesty. Shame on you Netflix.

                  Personal score for the second episode: 4.5/10

                  Not even sure if I want to watch another episode after this. Very disappointed.
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                    Watched the second episode and after a great first episode, the series takes a massive dive into mediocrity. It's forgettable drivel at best. Netflix just couldn't help themselves and had to turn Slavic folklore into some PC-rated garbage that befits their own agenda, with zero respect for the lore and its well established characters. What a travesty. Shame on you Netflix.

                    Personal score for the second episode: 4.5/10

                    Not even sure if I want to watch another episode after this. Very disappointed.
                    Odd my brother said he really liked the series after episode 2.

                    I watched a half hour of the beginning last night but decided to stop and wait for my wife because I think she will like it too.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Odd my brother said he really liked the series after episode 2.

                      I watched a half hour of the beginning last night but decided to stop and wait for my wife because I think she will like it too.
                      A lot of people like it. Chances are you will like it as well, but I really had high expectations going in. I've read the books and played the games, and consider myself well versed within that lore. So maybe that's on me? I don't know but I can't help but feel cheated or even betrayed. It's cool and all but it's not the Witcher for me. Sorry.

                      More often than not, it's a convoluted mess and many of the characters are just off. The former I can live with because I'm familiar with the series, but the characters? That's a showstopper. It's what I consider Netflixified, which is a shame really, because this show had massive potential. Like really. Instead, it's just another show on Netflix as far as I'm concerned.

                      For what it's worth, I decided to watch episode 3 as well and sure, it's a bit better than episode 2 which was extremely weak, but it has a long way to go. Maybe it can be salvaged in its second season? I don't know.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

                      Comment


                      • Watched to first two episodes of Witcher last night. First off I'd like to say I've never read the books, and I've only played & beat Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt, so obviously Idk the whole backstory. It took me a few attempts at playing the Wild Hunt to actually get in to it, and finish it. That said I ended up loving the game!

                        So, I've been really excited for the series. I can say I'm not disappointed thus far! The story so far has kept me interested! Cavill is a excellent Geralt imo. Great action..... The sword fighting scenes have been amazing to me.

                        I've read alot of complaints about the CGI & a few other things, which I find ludicrous! Too many comparisons to Game Of Thrones! As if this show is supposed to have the budget GOT had coming out of the gate? GOT season 1's budget wasn't what it was in the later seasons either.

                        I fully expect this series to grow, and become another great Netflix original series! Looking forward to what's to come....

                        Comment


                        • Just started witcher and so far I'm diggin it. Henry canvill is a great geralt.

                          Comment


                          • Started You season 2 last night. I’ve been skeptical where the show goes after Beck. Seems like they are on to something so far.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Finished Witcher last night, and I have absolutely zero complaints! Loved it! Looking forward to season 2 but I don't think that will be until 2021.

                              Comment


                              • Alright Can you are MIA in this thread. Wife and I are through episode 7 already of You season 2 and it’s been out almost a week now.

                                Really looking forward to your thoughts on the direction this season.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X