• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thors Hammer
    Football Immortal
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Have you finished this? I have heard good and not so good about it. I want to try and start it next weekend.
    I finished watching this on Friday. It was good, not great. To me, it just seemed to lack the action of the Daredevil series. Some good character development, but the series as a whole just seemed kind of slow moving.
    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Comment

• HUMCALC
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2011

I finished "The Ranch". I like this show
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• ebsoria
        Former Mod Of Steel
        • Jul 2005

I watched Mascots. Funny.. but not great. Might be partly because I had a few beverages and really sisn't pay 100% attention?
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Watched Memoirs of an International assassin Friday starring Kevin James.

It started out a bit weird but settled in really well. About the same quality as his theater movies.

And I totally predicted who the Ghost was.
          sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
            The MOD Who Laughs
            • Apr 2011

Finally got around to watching luke cage. It was okay. Not as good as Daredevil but better than Jessica Jones.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

• DenverBlood
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              Finally got around to watching luke cage. It was okay. Not as good as Daredevil but better than Jessica Jones.
              Over the past two weeks I binged supergirl season one and nearly done with legends season one. Going to try to find the currrent seasons and then considering Luke cage after
              sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                Football Immortal
                • May 2004

My wife and I started watching Shameless.

3 episodes in, and we are hooked.

Comment

• JJBroncoFan
                  Ring of Famer
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  I finished "The Ranch". I like this show
                  I hope it comes back for another season, crazy ending to the second season.
                  Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                    Football Immortal
                    • Dec 2012

I "cut the cord" about 2 weeks ago and am on the free trial of Netflix and haven't watched a whole lot of shows yet but ...

White Rabbit Project; I had just watched 1 episode so far. I was a fan of Mythbusters and this show has the 3 that left the show by the last? season. The episode has me at least interested in seeing more... not bad.

Started a few episodes of Daredevil last week and I like it but I also watch the CW super hero shows and this, so far kind of reminds me of Arrow but a little better ... maybe.
                    Watched a couple of episodes of House Of Cards ... not sure what I think of it at this point, I will have to watch a couple of more episodes.
                    sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      I "cut the cord" about 2 weeks ago and am on the free trial of Netflix and haven't watched a whole lot of shows yet but ...

White Rabbit Project; I had just watched 1 episode so far. I was a fan of Mythbusters and this show has the 3 that left the show by the last? season. The episode has me at least interested in seeing more... not bad.

Started a few episodes of Daredevil last week and I like it but I also watch the CW super hero shows and this, so far kind of reminds me of Arrow but a little better ... maybe.
                      Watched a couple of episodes of House Of Cards ... not sure what I think of it at this point, I will have to watch a couple of more episodes.
                      Daredevil is better than Arrow but not better than Flash.

Just in my opinion of course.
                      sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                        I hope it comes back for another season, crazy ending to the second season.
                        I was disappointed in the ending. I go: "Arrow", S.H.I.E.L.D., and then "Flash"
                        Last edited by HUMCALC; 12-30-2016, 05:21 PM.
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• broncoslover115
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Did you get one of those new antennas? I'm wanting to cut the cord too with the antenna and SlingTV but have been a little leary. Would love to hear what you did.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Did you get one of those new antennas? I'm wanting to cut the cord too with the antenna and SlingTV but have been a little leary. Would love to hear what you did.
                            I did get an antenna; not sure if it is "new" technology wise. It is an outdoor antenna that I hooked up with the coaxial cable that was already in place from the Dish on the roof, I used the stand that the dish was bracketed to, to bracket the antenna to and just plugged/screwed in the existing coaxial cable that is wired already all the way to my TV.
                            The antenna is "rated" as a 50 mile range and it cost about $30 from ChannelMaster and I think I paid about $5 for shipping... at first I just tacked it to the wall inside the house to see what I got and I got all the regular network channels plus some others I never heard of. I live kind of in the flight path of a lot of airlines that go to/from DIA though and sometimes on some channels when an airline would fly over it would breakup reception for a couple of seconds, put outside on the roof and it works really well, the picture looks as good as Dish's picture looked as far as I can tell anyway.
                            I also have a Roku which Roku actually has some free channels too... not bad for free entertainment. It looks like Sling is $20 per month - I think that's a little high? - and I have a free trial (2 weeks I think) on that too but I'm not impressed, I will probably drop it soon.
                            Overall I am very pleased with dumping Dish - cost me about $90/month - there will be 2-3 channels I will not get now but nothing I can't get over. Better Call Saul might be a little difficult to keep up when the season starts but that is about the only show I think I will miss... IF I can't figure out a solution.
                            I have been playing with the idea now since August and finally cancelled Dish about 2+ weeks ago; going to save ~$1000/year.
                            Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-30-2016, 09:55 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

My brother uses an antenna and streaming sites. He loses connection all the time on local channels for sports games. Drives me nuts when we are over there.

Unfortunately where I live I have no other way to get Broncos games so I'm stuck in the DIRECTV death trap of despair. Every time I get close to contract end I contemplate cutting the cord and saving thousands. But I just can't pull the trigger and miss the Broncos.

Maybe when my boys are older I'll just find a local Bar to watch at for the price of a couple of beers and wings.
                              sigpic

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                                Football Immortal
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                My brother uses an antenna and streaming sites. He loses connection all the time on local channels for sports games. Drives me nuts when we are over there.

Unfortunately where I live I have no other way to get Broncos games so I'm stuck in the DIRECTV death trap of despair. Every time I get close to contract end I contemplate cutting the cord and saving thousands. But I just can't pull the trigger and miss the Broncos.

Maybe when my boys are older I'll just find a local Bar to watch at for the price of a couple of beers and wings.
                                A major reason it took me 3-4 months to finally cancel Dish was that I was afraid of the reception that I would get for the Bronco games... watched the last 2 on antenna an had no problems at all, on 2 different networks too. It does matter where you live.

More on Netflix ... I have watched a few episodes of The Ranch now and my wife really likes it, I'm not a big fan of sitcoms but this show is alright. Certainly have a lot of choices without cable/satt.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X