X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

We binged everything that's out on Season 4. My favorite outside Season 1 for sure.
    Finished last night. I liked the Veczma story but outside of that it was my least favorite season by far.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Norm... was one of my favorites. His style of humor is/was right up my alley, and his death hit me harder than most, relative to others that I've never met.

I know it's not a Netflix show, but related to your comment.... he also is in Season 3 of 'The Orville', which aired its season premiere last night. The show opened with a message that it was in memory of Norm. I teared up. I love that they put that message at the beginning of the show instead of the end. It was a nice tribute.

It will make what looks to be an amazing season a little bittersweet at times, but it was nice to hear his voice.
    Yes sir. Norm was a gem. And though I feel that many folks did not "get him" like you and I for example, the fact that the big leaguers in the comic community gathered to talk about him at the end of the Netflix special is testimony to his talent and legacy. I mean, imagine having Letterman, Conan and Chappelle (and many others, in various ways) talking about a fellow comic with such admiration and respect!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I watched the Norm MacDonald: Nothing Special show last night. Given the circumstances of this final "one take' comedy routine, the day before he was slated for surgery, and not long before his death, this is a very unique and amazing view of a great comedian sort of saying goodbye, from his home.

The respect he had was accentuated by those who talked about him and his final show, which is part of the special. Some of the very best - David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Dave Chappelle, as well as Adam Sandler, David Spade and Molly Shannon, all talked about him with reverence and as true fans.

Though he was ill and maybe not at his best, and yes, you may not like all his stuff...at times I was laughing pretty hard. It's his style, the faces he makes, the way he talks, that add to the package. And I do like most of the material.

Norm... was one of my favorites. His style of humor is/was right up my alley, and his death hit me harder than most, relative to others that I've never met.

I know it's not a Netflix show, but related to your comment.... he also is in Season 3 of 'The Orville', which aired its season premiere last night. The show opened with a message that it was in memory of Norm. I teared up. I love that they put that message at the beginning of the show instead of the end. It was a nice tribute.

It will make what looks to be an amazing season a little bittersweet at times, but it was nice to hear his voice.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I watched the Norm MacDonald: Nothing Special show last night. Given the circumstances of this final "one take' comedy routine, the day before he was slated for surgery, and not long before his death, this is a very unique and amazing view of a great comedian sort of saying goodbye, from his home.

The respect he had was accentuated by those who talked about him and his final show, which is part of the special. Some of the very best - David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Dave Chappelle, as well as Adam Sandler, David Spade and Molly Shannon, all talked about him with reverence and as true fans.

Though he was ill and maybe not at his best, and yes, you may not like all his stuff...at times I was laughing pretty hard. It's his style, the faces he makes, the way he talks, that add to the package. And I do like most of the material.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Stranger Things Season 4. Love the first couple of episodes. Sucks they had to have that disclaimer before the first episode.
    We binged everything that's out on Season 4. My favorite outside Season 1 for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Stranger Things Season 4. Love the first couple of episodes. Sucks they had to have that disclaimer before the first episode.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Lincoln Lawyer (tv series): my wife was watching it and I got hooked. Pretty good series. I liked the movie and this show has a good story and likable characters.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Love, Death and Robots season 3.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I recently started on Van Helsing. Don’t really care for the Walking Dead feel to it though. Works for zombies but not so much for Vampires. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Finishing up the last part of Ozark. Great series.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Heartland season 14

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Against the ice - Netflix
    I love the movies based on real historical events. This one is really good. If your looking for something it's worth the watch This is about a 1909 polar expedition
    I was checking the new shows lately, and I was drawn to watching this one soon. Thanks for your feedback. (that's my one thumb up)

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Vikings: Valhalla

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

Thanks Spice- the last few years of Netflix has been pretty hit and miss but I think they have really stepped up and are adding some great content.
    Will add to my watch list
    I think I watched Fortress of War on Amazon while I was looking for the Life and Fate series. Last Breath is pretty crazy though.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I'll check it out. Thanks. Another movie with a similar premise you might want to check out is Fortress of War. German assault of Brest Fortress at the beginning of Operation Barbarossa. They had a lot of civilians on that base. It's nothing like Come and See, but it still gives you an idea of how ruthless the German invasion was.

Last thing I saw on Netflix was Last Breath. Documentary about a commercial diver who gets stranded at the bottom of the North Sea. Good watch.
    Thanks Spice- the last few years of Netflix has been pretty hit and miss but I think they have really stepped up and are adding some great content.
    Will add to my watch list

Leave a comment:

Working...
X