X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Well, look on the bright side, Can. I can't spoil a Zodiac or Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run documentary for you, because they never caught the guys. My bad, though. If it were a fictional movie, I definitely would've put spoiler tags at the top.
    Yeah....just sulking a little because we are behind in some shows. But no worries. Have you ever noticed that your family and close friends can spoil alert worse than anyone else? You tell them you haven't seen the show or series, and they just have to say too much!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Where we live, Netflix is not nearly as up to date as in The US. For example, sometimes I will read that a show is now in it's 3rd season, and yet we just got year 2! It's ok as long as you do not stumble on spoiler alerts. So please try not to share too much. Agreed?

Well, look on the bright side, Can. I can't spoil a Zodiac or Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run documentary for you, because they never caught the guys. My bad, though. If it were a fictional movie, I definitely would've put spoiler tags at the top.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Longmire..

Before that it was HOUSE MD..
    (don't remember where we watched it...)
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 01-19-2021, 09:38 AM. Reason: I don't know lol

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Where we live, Netflix is not nearly as up to date as in The US. For example, sometimes I will read that a show is now in it's 3rd season, and yet we just got year 2! It's ok as long as you do not stumble on spoiler alerts. So please try not to share too much. Agreed?

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Night Stalker- Fabulous documentary. I remember when this went down, but only because the killer said AC/DC caused him to be evil. And I loved AC/DC and had to answer to my mother about it.
    It was good. I thought The Ripper was better, but a lot of that might have to do with my fascination with that case.

SPOILERS

All of these docs are good, but my one criticism is that they don't really explore the psychology of the killers as much as I think they should (e.g., Peter Sutcliffe's famous line, "I were just cleaning up the streets, our kid." And Richard Ramirez's line, "...I'll see you in Disneyland.") To me, those statements imply possible context for their motives that might've contradicted the perspectives of law enforcement. Things that were never explored in the docs. One or two more episodes following their capture would've been great, IMO.

I'll elaborate a little. The police became convinced that Sutcliffe was not exclusively targeting prostitutes as originally believed. The possibility however, was that he was never specifically about prostitutes in the first place. In Ramirez's case, he went out of his way to cite Satan or the occult throughout. I question whether he truly believed any of that. His lawyer spoke of Disneyland as a means for persuading leniency from the jury, hence the joke. That was the thing with Ramirez. They touched on his horrible childhood and life as a means for explaining the extremely vile and disgusting things he did, but his attitude was always nonchalant. He didn't seem to ever fully grasp the seriousness of what was going on. There was this total lack of empathy, and desire to get a rise out of people or to shock people.

I did a school report on Ramirez a long time ago, and I focused on the lack of inter-organizational coordination in law enforcement. The docs highlighted that for narrative purposes, but you could do an entire series on how a lack of departmental, organizational, or media/political cohesion impeded investigations back then.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 01-19-2021, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Night Stalker- Fabulous documentary. I remember when this went down, but only because the killer said AC/DC caused him to be evil. And I loved AC/DC and had to answer to my mother about it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Just started The Queen's Gambit. Heard it was really good. Loved chess when I was young, and apparently this show is helping to get more folks interested.
    Really good show! For chess lovers or not. Interesting character, who has a gift, and despite her beginnings, finds 'family' along the way. I just love how she looks at her opponents as if she is saying, "can you beat that?"

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    replied
    Just finished Part 1 of Lupin, and it was fantastic. I cannot recommend it enough! For anyone that enjoys mystery or heist stories, you'll love it.

The show is French, but has been dubbed in English and holds up really well. Definitely give it a watch!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Just started The Queen's Gambit. Heard it was really good. Loved chess when I was young, and apparently this show is helping to get more folks interested.

Leave a comment:

• creech
    replied
    I have started to watch To The Lake after seeing Stephen King's tweet about it. It's really a great show.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Just realized Netflix put out a sequel to The Babysitter. Same main two cast members. Definitely plan to watch that this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think Netflix should quiet down the intro on their shows so as not to wake up my wife and dog! I try to lower the sound level before the big N (for Netflix) hits the screen, but sometimes I am not nearby, or even thinking about it. Why so loud Netflix??!!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    3 episodes into Haunting of Bly Manor. It’s entertaining but so far it major pales in comparison to Hill House.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Cobra Kai is good

People are who strongly "politically correct" may struggle through some of it. Interesting in how the show has two major character sides and gets the audience to cheer for each side at times and other times be against each side. Very good at showing how humans are flawed and everyone has something to work on.

Leave a comment:

• alendrew11
    replied
    Yesterday I have watched Parasite (captivating, sensational social satire) movie. It is superb movie for me.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X