Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite songs from the 90's

What are they?

Anything Dave Matthews Band for me, if I had to pick just one, it would be "The Song That Jane Likes".
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Was there music in the 90's? I could list the 80's songs...90's I'll have to think about it.
      sigpic

Comment

The entire 'Dirt' album form Alice In Chains
        The entire 'VS.' album from Pearl Jam
        The entire 'Purple' album from Stone Temple Pilots
        Plus many more. But those really stand out to me off the top of my head.

Comment

way too many to list, the 90's had a lot of great music.

its the second best decade of music after the 70's IMO

you could even argue it is the best decade of music of all time.

rap, alternative, heavy metal, all in their prime and the best they will ever be.

oh and don't forget the college music (what i like to call it) like sublime and dave mathews band.

90's music was great as a whole!

Comment

Don't really have a favorite song in particular, but I'll name off a few albums that I always listened to.

Facelift - Alice In Chains. The first Grunge album that was released on a major label, a full year before Nirvana's Nevermind. Hugely underrated album.

Throwing Copper - Live. Phenomenal album.

Superunknown - Soundgarden. I saw Chris Cornell do his acoustic show a few years back in Milwaukee, and his acoustic version of Black Hole Sun was just awesome.

The Chronic - Dr. Dre. This album was released my senior year of high school and you could literally hear "Nuthin' But A G Thing" 50 times a day in front of the school from all the kids trying to show off all their speakers and subs.
            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
            Adopted By:
            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
            Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              way too many to list, the 90's had a lot of great music.

its the second best decade of music after the 70's IMO

you could even argue it is the best decade of music of all time.

rap, alternative, heavy metal, all in their prime and the best they will ever be.

oh and don't forget the college music (what i like to call it) like sublime and dave mathews band.

90's music was great as a whole!
              I 100% agree with this. I think the 90's was the single greatest decade in music. There was a ton of progression and trend setting and some of the greatest artist in every genre performing.

To answer the OP's Question for me 90's music is the following (in no particular order): Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pantera, Beastie Boys, Dr. Dre, 2Pac, Green Day, Anthrax, Slayer, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Weezer, Tool, Alice in Chains, Sublime, Notorius BIG, LInkin Park, System of a Down, Michael Jackson, Metallica (Though both are more 80's ), Weezer.Country which isn't my favorite genre had some of its best times then too: Garth Brooks, George Strait, Brooks and Dunn etc.
              Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 05-05-2014, 01:31 PM. Reason: reread initial question of post removed reference to things i did no like haha
              sigpic

Comment

90s music was great imo like some have said a lot of genres were at their peak my neighbor back in the day burned us a bunch of bands like alice in chains, soundgarden, system of down, metallica,incubus,korn, and many many others

I loved 90s best decade of music imo

Comment

Favorites from the nineties would include:
                  Red Hot Chile Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic
                  Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was a great album, favorite tune was poundcake….
                  Queensryche - Empire ….
                  Spin Doctors pocket full of kryptonite album

The above were favorite albums in early nineties…. favorite bands would also include a lot of grunge. I love pearl jam, nirvana, sound garden, alice in chains….

Nineties did offer up some great music.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                  Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Anything Pantera. Pantera carried Metal in the 90's & that's a fact. When grunge was at it's height & killing hair metal lol & Metallica was trying on mascara, Pantera was selling out arenas & had the first true heavy metal record debut at #1 on billboard (Far Beyond Driven).

Comment

Working...
                    X