The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    lol very aware but it's been confirmed bt the gotham creator that batman wont be on the show http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-9618086.html

Also doesn't change the fact that arrow producer have confirmed that they cant name certain cities and certain heros and villain...
    Ok my bad I guess I thought you were saying you thought TV couldn't have Gotham or Bruce Wayne at all. Arrow has at least mentioned Wayne Enterprises before though.
    sigpic

Comment

lol very aware but it's been confirmed bt the gotham creator that batman wont be on the show http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-9618086.html

Also doesn't change the fact that arrow producer have confirmed that they cant name certain cities and certain heros and villain...
      Money changes everything. Just because that's the way it is now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. With the success of season one of the flash, don't be surprised if DC starts changing their tune to an extent.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Ok my bad I guess I thought you were saying you thought TV couldn't have Gotham or Bruce Wayne at all. Arrow has at least mentioned Wayne Enterprises before though.
        i know it could possibily happen, all i am saying is that i think the more we will get are easter eggs like the wayne merger mention

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Money changes everything. Just because that's the way it is now, doesn't mean it will always be that way. With the success of season one of the flash, don't be surprised if DC starts changing their tune to an extent.
        Sure but DC seems hell bent on keeping the tv and movie verse seperate. Look at the suicide squad on arrow, with the movie coming up they killed of deadshot of arrow and there have been no sq episode.
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

i know it could possibily happen, all i am saying is that i think the more we will get are easter eggs like the wayne merger mention

Sure but DC seems hell bent on keeping the tv and movie verse seperate. Look at the suicide squad on arrow, with the movie coming up they killed of deadshot of arrow and there have been no sq episode.
          I'm not so sure Deadshot is dead on Arrow.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not so sure Deadshot is dead on Arrow.
            pretty sure he sacrificed himself to save the squad in the last suicide squad episode ? I could be wrong tho
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

pretty sure he sacrificed himself to save the squad in the last suicide squad episode ? I could be wrong tho
              It certainly appeared that way. But the fact that they never confirm his death is why I believe he is still alive. He staged it so that he could escape after that job rather than go back to prison.

I've read reviews that suggest the same is possible.
              sigpic

Comment

Did we see a dead body? Number one rule of comics. No body, not dead yet.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Lies we've seen Sarah's dead body and according to the Legends of Tomorrow there is a living body of Sarah

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                    Lies we've seen Sarah's dead body and according to the Legends of Tomorrow there is a living body of Sarah
                    ok you guys have a point there haha but i still think dc wants both universe seperate
                    sigpic

Comment

ok you guys have a point there haha but i still think dc wants both universe seperate
                      Yeah the movie universe and the tv universe are going to be separate but that has been known and I prefer that since movie theaters are so expensive anymore having them tied together can make it tough to stay up with it.

That was the reason I gave up on agents of shield. Another reason I prefer it separate is because they can use so many more characters. Your big name villains would be saved for the movies so some of the best seasons in arrow and flash wouldn't have happened because reverse flash and death stroke wouldn't have been used for the show they would have been saved for the movies.

Also I don't think they killed off deadshot because of the movie.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

• How is this for timing on this argument?

According to IGN we will never get Harley Quinn on Arrow again.

Apparently high level DC execs shut it down due to the suicide squad movie.

And they had said Arrow had big storyline plans for her.
                        sigpic

Comment

How is this for timing on this argument?

According to IGN we will never get Harley Quinn on Arrow again.

Apparently high level DC execs shut it down due to the suicide squad movie.

And they had said Arrow had big storyline plans for her.
                          This really pisses me off about DC and WB/CW. There's no reason they can't have the two existing simultaneously. Audiences would love it. From what I've seen of screenshots, pic leaks etc, I'm not very sold on the SS movie. I think it will flop and then they'll regret putting all these conditions on their own work.

Look at what Marvel has been doing with Agents of Shield. They cross back and forth all the time. They have events in the show that tie into the films. There's literally no reason DC couldn't successfully do the same thing other than "trying not to be like Marvel." But who cares? Comic books are comic books and story lines and story arches cross all the time.

They're shooting themselves in the foot by limiting what they want to show or produce. They had a Superman movie come out while Smallville was still running and no one cared. Plus the movie sucked. Also, isn't there a stand-alone Flash movie coming soon? How are they justifying that while at the same time axing SS from Arrow? Makes no sense.

They could do all of these things. I don't believe they are contractually tied down or prevented from doing anything like that. They're just choosing not to, for whatever reason. They like to use the "audiences will get confused" excuse, but it's a terrible one and it's not true. The kind of demographic that watches these shows and movies understands what's going on and how to differentiate between worlds and universes. Just because Ben Affleck or Christian Bale is on the big screen as Batman doesn't mean we can't have Batman on the small screen at the same time. It's like they don't think we're smart enough to understand that they'd be two separate story lines or universes.

I mean, why even tease a Wayne Enterprises merger with Queen, Inc. if you're not planning on bringing in Bruce Wayne? That's just lazy and careless.

Besides, is there, or was there even a huge interest in a Suicide Squad movie from audiences? Sure, the concept seems interesting, but when they first pitched it and stated Joker would be in it and didn't say anything about Batman being in it, it was hard to care about it. You can't have Joker without Batman. Or at least not without it being quite uninteresting.

Anyway, it just bothers me that DC and WB just refuse to make a Batman series. The Gotham series is interesting conceptually, but an entire show that may run 10 seasons (it may get cancelled after 2, who knows) without Batman seems really doomed to mediocrity in my opinion. How long can they keep up the whole mafia war story line going? I don't even care about Fish Mooney or her shenanigans. The Penguin's rise to power is about all that keeps me interested. But now they'd alluded to the Bat Cave. So how are they going to play that off without bringing Batman into the story?

Also, I'm interested to know how (other than money, obviously) why DC or WB would even give Fox any rights to anything Batman related.

I'm not really sure where I was going with all of this but all I know is that I want a Batman show that's of the same quality as Arrow and The Flash and intertwined with the two of them because that would be awesome and since Warner Bros. has most of the rights to anything Batman related, and they are co-owners of the CW Network, there's no reason outside of preference and fear that they can't do this. It's just irritating.
                          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                            This really pisses me off about DC and WB/CW. There's no reason they can't have the two existing simultaneously. Audiences would love it. From what I've seen of screenshots, pic leaks etc, I'm not very sold on the SS movie. I think it will flop and then they'll regret putting all these conditions on their own work.

Look at what Marvel has been doing with Agents of Shield. They cross back and forth all the time. They have events in the show that tie into the films. There's literally no reason DC couldn't successfully do the same thing other than "trying not to be like Marvel." But who cares? Comic books are comic books and story lines and story arches cross all the time.

They're shooting themselves in the foot by limiting what they want to show or produce. They had a Superman movie come out while Smallville was still running and no one cared. Plus the movie sucked. Also, isn't there a stand-alone Flash movie coming soon? How are they justifying that while at the same time axing SS from Arrow? Makes no sense.

They could do all of these things. I don't believe they are contractually tied down or prevented from doing anything like that. They're just choosing not to, for whatever reason. They like to use the "audiences will get confused" excuse, but it's a terrible one and it's not true. The kind of demographic that watches these shows and movies understands what's going on and how to differentiate between worlds and universes. Just because Ben Affleck or Christian Bale is on the big screen as Batman doesn't mean we can't have Batman on the small screen at the same time. It's like they don't think we're smart enough to understand that they'd be two separate story lines or universes.

I mean, why even tease a Wayne Enterprises merger with Queen, Inc. if you're not planning on bringing in Bruce Wayne? That's just lazy and careless.

Besides, is there, or was there even a huge interest in a Suicide Squad movie from audiences? Sure, the concept seems interesting, but when they first pitched it and stated Joker would be in it and didn't say anything about Batman being in it, it was hard to care about it. You can't have Joker without Batman. Or at least not without it being quite uninteresting.

Anyway, it just bothers me that DC and WB just refuse to make a Batman series. The Gotham series is interesting conceptually, but an entire show that may run 10 seasons (it may get cancelled after 2, who knows) without Batman seems really doomed to mediocrity in my opinion. How long can they keep up the whole mafia war story line going? I don't even care about Fish Mooney or her shenanigans. The Penguin's rise to power is about all that keeps me interested. But now they'd alluded to the Bat Cave. So how are they going to play that off without bringing Batman into the story?

Also, I'm interested to know how (other than money, obviously) why DC or WB would even give Fox any rights to anything Batman related.

I'm not really sure where I was going with all of this but all I know is that I want a Batman show that's of the same quality as Arrow and The Flash and intertwined with the two of them because that would be awesome and since Warner Bros. has most of the rights to anything Batman related, and they are co-owners of the CW Network, there's no reason outside of preference and fear that they can't do this. It's just irritating.
                            Not disagreeing with any of what you said. I've thought the same thing about the Flash movie that they aren't just going to cancel the show because the movie came out. So why does Suicide squad characters matter? They want fans to associate them with Batman and not Arrow? Then why did they do an entire season of Deathstroke? And finish this season with Ras Al Guhl? Even though he has nothing to do with suicide squad.

It's just disappointing as a fan. We get all these teases with no payoff. Seems like DC is falling into the complacency issue that Microsoft had with the Xbox two years ago. They have the two top dogs in the comic universe and think they can do no wrong. They think they can get away with limiting what they give fans and demand will always save them. But they are falling behind Marvel big time.

All they have done is confuse me as a fan of where they draw the line on what can and can't be incorporated on TV.

As for Gotham that show just has all sorts of issues aside from who can and can't appear. I mean Batman can't be on tv? But every major villain can? But in Arrow those villains can't? That show just isn't very well written either. And if the Bat Cave discovery doesn't amount to anything next season I'll be canceling the show from my DVR.

The sad thing though is that Gotham on Fox without Batman still doubles the ratings of Flash/Arrow on CW who actually have the heroes. Those shows are 10 times better than Gotham.
                            sigpic

Comment

• What are you expectations for season 2
                              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                                What are you expectations for season 2
                                Lots of speedsters.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X