The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    What are you doing Flash? Trying to be like Arrow now?

Such an awful episode and this close to the season finale? How can they be wasting their time with this garbage.
    I guess we watched a different episode, I thought it was pretty good....
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I guess we watched a different episode, I thought it was pretty good....
      It was beyond ridiculous and is wasting time with the season finale next week.

IGN gave it a 6.8 out of 10 which is the worst of the season by far. So I'm not alone in thinking it was terrible.
      sigpic

Comment

It was beyond ridiculous and is wasting time with the season finale next week.

IGN gave it a 6.8 out of 10 which is the worst of the season by far. So I'm not alone in thinking it was terrible.
        Different strokes for different folks, I enjoyed it...It was still a billion times better than any episode of arrow for the last season and a half.
        sigpic

Comment

Different strokes for different folks, I enjoyed it...It was still a billion times better than any episode of arrow for the last season and a half.
          Yeah we've already clarified we don't really have many similar tastes.

It wasn't even better than last weeks Arrow.

But I just didn't see the point in already bringing Laurel back but as a dopple ganger. I thought it was pretty stupid and she looks downright awful.

My main issue is it was a huge waste of time at this point in the season.

Also why is there no affect on either Wally or Jessica? Shouldn't they either have died or been changed? Maybe it takes awhile but that just seems inconsistent to me.
          sigpic

Comment

But I just didn't see the point in already bringing Laurel back but as a dopple ganger. I thought it was pretty stupid and she looks downright awful.

Also why is there no affect on either Wally or Jessica? Shouldn't they either have died or been changed? Maybe it takes awhile but that just seems inconsistent to me.
            Damn i dunno i taught it was a good episode...Laurel looked better then she ever did on arrow. What wrong with using her as a dopple ganger ?

And wally is from earth 1 so it doesnt affect him.And jessie was affected...

I dont see how it was a waste of time ?
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

That's the only part that bugged me, why hold off on showing us their powers, we know it's coming. The episode was clearly setting up for a big finish. I'm calling now that the real Jay Garrick (earth 2 Henry Allen) will be the man in the mask I liked having Laurel as the Siren, I loved the fact that Wally caught her monologging with the trunk of his car. I thought it was a fun episode. This weeks arrow IMO was complete garbage...But I've given up on that show at this point. It's going to take Mark Gungenhiem getting replaced as show runner to make that show great again.

I think the only reason people dislike this weeks flash is because it wasn't as great as last weeks (Kevin Smith did a fantastic job with last weeks EP) Sure it wasn't the best EP of the season, but if this episode had aired earlier in the season no one would have minded it.

The only reason it's catching flack is because it's right before the finale.

IMO it was still a solid EP and helped to move the plot forward for the final battle vs Zoom next week.
              sigpic

Comment

That's the only part that bugged me, why hold off on showing us their powers, we know it's coming. The episode was clearly setting up for a big finish. I'm calling now that the real Jay Garrick (earth 2 Henry Allen) will be the man in the mask I liked having Laurel as the Siren, I loved the fact that Wally caught her monologging with the trunk of his car. I thought it was a fun episode. This weeks arrow IMO was complete garbage...But I've given up on that show at this point. It's going to take Mark Gungenhiem getting replaced as show runner to make that show great again.

I think the only reason people dislike this weeks flash is because it wasn't as great as last weeks (Kevin Smith did a fantastic job with last weeks EP) Sure it wasn't the best EP of the season, but if this episode had aired earlier in the season no one would have minded it.

The only reason it's catching flack is because it's right before the finale.

IMO it was still a solid EP and helped to move the plot forward for the final battle vs Zoom next week.
                That's kind of a pretty big deal though. I'll admit in the middle of the show I wouldn't be as annoyed. The timing really annoys me. Like the instant I saw the focus on what appeared to be a lower level villain I could tell they were going to not focus on Zoom. So I was annoyed. Only took me about 5 seconds before I realized it was Laurel before she even screamed.

Now you know I don't like Laurel. But that's a matter of my tastes versus a bad idea for the show script. So I'll lay off that. But it also annoyed me that it came so soon after her death on Arrow. Even if it's the one from Earth 2. But again I'll concede that's my personal taste.

But I was annoyed from the get go that the focus was going to be on lower level stuff than on Zoom. Which is really the only place you can be from a writing standpoint right now.

I also thought it was a bit ridiculous that this high frequency thing only causes issues with hearing for Earth-2 people and not Earth-1. Even if it was an entertaining concept.
                sigpic

Comment

That's kind of a pretty big deal though. I'll admit in the middle of the show I wouldn't be as annoyed. The timing really annoys me. Like the instant I saw the focus on what appeared to be a lower level villain I could tell they were going to not focus on Zoom. So I was annoyed. Only took me about 5 seconds before I realized it was Laurel before she even screamed.

Now you know I don't like Laurel. But that's a matter of my tastes versus a bad idea for the show script. So I'll lay off that. But it also annoyed me that it came so soon after her death on Arrow. Even if it's the one from Earth 2. But again I'll concede that's my personal taste.

But I was annoyed from the get go that the focus was going to be on lower level stuff than on Zoom. Which is really the only place you can be from a writing standpoint right now.

I also thought it was a bit ridiculous that this high frequency thing only causes issues with hearing for Earth-2 people and not Earth-1. Even if it was an entertaining concept.
                  You'll get plenty of focus on zoom next week

I don't know that they could drag a battle out between the two for two weeks, this episode was a setup episode for what will happen next week.

They haven't spent as much time as they should building Wally up, I have a gut feeling this episode was meant to be a Wally episode to show that he is a hero and wants to start acting like one. Then "hopefully" next week when he gets his powers he'll have both the ability and the heart of a super hero. I won't argue that being this close to the end you might expect a bit more, but it was still a solid episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

You'll get plenty of focus on zoom next week

I don't know that they could drag a battle out between the two for two weeks, this episode was a setup episode for what will happen next week.

They haven't spent as much time as they should building Wally up, I have a gut feeling this episode was meant to be a Wally episode to show that he is a hero and wants to start acting like one. Then "hopefully" next week when he gets his powers he'll have both the ability and the heart of a super hero. I won't argue that being this close to the end you might expect a bit more, but it was still a solid episode.
                    That is how I see it as having them fight for 2 entire episodes doesn't seem like it would be able to last and there was enough in this episode to build the tension even more between them. Hunter is trying to force the Flash to be more like him and stop being the Hero which was touched on during the meeting in the middle of the episode and then at the end.

Wally and Jessie I'm guessing it will be a teaser at the end of the episode to try to draw people back to season 3 with the cliff hanger. Plus you also have to remember that Barry took months to get those powers as he was in a coma for awhile so it isn't like he had those abilities right away.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

• Looks like my dvr crapped out froze and chose not to record the season finale. So disappointed. Now I have to wait till tomorrow for the online.
                      sigpic

Comment

• ALLLLLLL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN FOLKS!!!

They did it for real this time. Next season is going to be EPIC!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Going to be hard for Arrow to follow this tonight. That might have been the best episode in either shows history.

Interesting about the man in the mask being Barry's dads doppelgänger. I know freyaka early on thought his dad was zoom. I still thought the man in the mask was another zolomon one halfway through.

Also not crazy about Barry's rash decision to go save his parents at the end. But it should set up a crazy mind twist season three for sure.
                          sigpic

Comment

Going to be hard for Arrow to follow this tonight. That might have been the best episode in either shows history.

Interesting about the man in the mask being Barry's dads doppelgänger. I know freyaka early on thought his dad was zoom. I still thought the man in the mask was another zolomon one halfway through.

Also not crazy about Barry's rash decision to go save his parents at the end. But it should set up a crazy mind twist season three for sure.
                            Pretty much from the second they said his moms maiden name was Garrick I knew it would be barry's dad in the mask especially since they killed barry's dad.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Amazing episode and a great finish to the season. Love the nod to the black flashes design at the end and Jays costume lol.

I wonder if we will get a flashpoint type story line now.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                                Amazing episode and a great finish to the season. Love the nod to the black flashes design at the end and Jays costume lol.

I wonder if we will get a flashpoint type story line now.
                                My guess is we will. I'm betting they will substitute Thomas Wayne with Robert Queen maybe Cyborg with Ray, but hopefully it will be a true flashpoint storyline
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X