The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah episode was great. Except they are like we are going to go get the Villian, commercial, villian in lock up... What I wanted to see what they did to catch him. But yeah I thought they did the fight well as Ollie really doesn't stand a chance unless he can set up the battlefield. Which I still would like to know how he got those two automatic firing bows in place.

I mean he came to meet Barry after he was going crazy and than got dragged to a new spot. I don't see how he could have set those up unless he knew he was going to be dragged to that location lol. But overall I thought they did it pretty well.

Also like the Connor Hawke on the phone with his mom. Wonder if they will do anything with him since I would assume he would be 8 or 9 by this point. So maybe slowly building towards a future season which would be awesome.

But didn't stay up to watch the arrow episode so I will have to watch that one tonight.
    Are you referring to the automatic bows he used to shoot Barry in the back? That was before Barry went crazy. And it was at Ollies Central City Hideout. He was waiting for Barry there when Barry showed up.

When Barry was crazy and dragged him into the street fight at Night Ollie didn't use automatic bows. He threw to at him and then threw one in his leg while he had his back turned. There were no automatic bows that I remember.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Are you referring to the automatic bows he used to shoot Barry in the back? That was before Barry went crazy. And it was at Ollies Central City Hideout. He was waiting for Barry there when Barry showed up.

When Barry was crazy and dragged him into the street fight at Night Ollie didn't use automatic bows. He threw to at him and then threw one in his leg while he had his back turned. There were no automatic bows that I remember.
      No the automatic bows look like they came from his bike. But he pushed a button that launched them. That is why Barry's back is turned to Oliver that allows him to throw the one through his hammy. I just rewatched it and it was the bike which helps but that was a perfectly parked bike lol.

Somethings I forgot to mention in the last post.

I loved diggles reaction to Barry lol. "I Had a cousin once who got struck by lightning but all he got was a stutter." And the firestorm appearance at the end was pretty cool.

But the only knocks I would give this episode was the lack of actually catching the bad guy and that it looks like the episodes aren't really tied together. That was what I was hoping for because it would really allow them to build the villians but it looked like they will both be able to be watched without having to follow the other series. O well the episode overall was great and looking forward to watching Arrow's episode tonight.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

No the automatic bows look like they came from his bike. But he pushed a button that launched them. That is why Barry's back is turned to Oliver that allows him to throw the one through his hammy. I just rewatched it and it was the bike which helps but that was a perfectly parked bike lol.

I loved diggles reaction to Barry lol. "I Had a cousin once who got struck by lightning but all he got was a stutter." And the firestorm appearance at the end was pretty cool.

But the only knocks I would give this episode was the lack of actually catching the bad guy and that it looks like the episodes aren't really tied together. That was what I was hoping for because it would really allow them to build the villians but it looked like they will both be able to be watched without having to follow the other series. O well the episode overall was great and looking forward to watching Arrow's episode tonight.
        Yeah their both standalones. IGN complained about that as well. But I actually liked it that way. First time I liked how both pertained to their individual cities. You have to allow fans of only one show to not feel the need to have to watch the other show if they don't want to. My brother is currently only watching Flash and not Arrow. Though he is considering giving Arrow a second chance now. But I told him he would've been lost on the Arrow episode due to not being familiar with Ollies behavior.

Also still not recalling what you are talking about with the Bike. I know he showed up to the scene with Iris on his bike. And he shot Barry and then got dragged. Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I don't remember anything extra like a prop that assisted Ollie after he got dragged. Guess maybe I need to rewatch it.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah their both standalones. IGN complained about that as well. But I actually liked it that way. First time I liked how both pertained to their individual cities. You have to allow fans of only one show to not feel the need to have to watch the other show if they don't want to. My brother is currently only watching Flash and not Arrow. Though he is considering giving Arrow a second chance now. But I told him he would've been lost on the Arrow episode due to not being familiar with Ollies behavior.

Also still not recalling what you are talking about with the Bike. I know he showed up to the scene with Iris on his bike. And he shot Barry and then got dragged. Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I don't remember anything extra like a prop that assisted Ollie after he got dragged. Guess maybe I need to rewatch it.
          Towards the end of the fight Ollie is on the ground and pushes a button on something and it activates his arrows. That is what allows him to get Barry to turn his back. Barry turns around to catch those arrows that were launched from his back and when he does that Ollie throws an arrow. It would have had to be a prop since there would be no way for Ollie to launch arrows at Barry from behind him.

But yeah I understand the logic of having them be stand alone episodes but I could have sworn every where I saw talked about how it would start on one night and finish on the next. But that isn't the case it is just two episodes that feature a cross over. I just felt there would have been a better opportunity to use both episodes to build up the villians. It seemed like they forced pieces from Arrow into Flash to make it a cross over but they weren't really needed.

Like I said though the episode was great just felt they missed on an opportunity to really build both the villians in the Rainbow Raider and Captain Boomerange.

But I think the people who thought that Edward Thawne was Colbalt Blue could have some merrit. He is developing a hatred for the Flash and that is what makes his power tick. And colbalt Blue's name in the comics was Malcolm Thawne who happens to be a relative of Eobard Thawne AKA Professor Zoom.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Diggle was freaking hilarious in that episode (they all were) My favorite line was

Wells: Fear, anger agression
            Cisco: A jedi craves not these things.
            sigpic

Comment

I do remember the prop arrows now. I kind of remember thinking how was that set up as well. I remember now though that Barry said you're not going to get me on that again.

Who knows maybe Ollie has props set up all over town to use whenever he needs them.
              sigpic

Comment

I do remember the prop arrows now. I kind of remember thinking how was that set up as well. I remember now though that Barry said you're not going to get me on that again.

Who knows maybe Ollie has props set up all over town to use whenever he needs them.
                But why would he set them up in Central City?

But after rewatching that scene I believe they came from his bike. So it makes sense and that he got increadibly lucky that he was in a line of sight with his bike and arrows lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

But why would he set them up in Central City?

But after rewatching that scene I believe they came from his bike. So it makes sense and that he got increadibly lucky that he was in a line of sight with his bike and arrows lol.
                  Right I guess he was setting up the city for the reason he came in the first place?

Also the bike doesn't make sense either. He was next to the bike and shot the arrow that Barry caught. Then Barry carried him a good ways. I would think it would be out of sight of the bike. Maybe not but Arrows aren't generally known for distance traveling.
                  sigpic

Comment

Right I guess he was setting up the city for the reason he came in the first place?

Also the bike doesn't make sense either. He was next to the bike and shot the arrow that Barry caught. Then Barry carried him a good ways. I would think it would be out of sight of the bike. Maybe not but Arrows aren't generally known for distance traveling.
                    Yeah trying to make sense of that I guess I will just write it off as comic book logic lol.

But an interesting note I found on the villian Roy G Bivolo is becaus of him being the Rainbow Raider is actually where his name comes from.

Red
                    Orange
                    Yellow

Green

Blue
                    Indigo
                    Violet
                    O
                    L
                    O

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Sounds like flash landed an another amazing villan. Mark Hamil will be playing the Trickster (very much like the Joker) in episode 17. For those who don't know, he played the Trickster in the original flash TV show as well as in the Justice League cartoons. His Trickster on the original flash is what lead to his famous Joker role in pretty much every Batman cartoon.

Hopefully he plays this like a darker version of the Joker (something along the lines of the character he did in the Arkham games)

I couldn't be more excited for this!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        Sounds like flash landed an another amazing villan. Mark Hamil will be playing the Trickster (very much like the Joker) in episode 17. For those who don't know, he played the Trickster in the original flash TV show as well as in the Justice League cartoons. His Trickster on the original flash is what lead to his famous Joker role in pretty much every Batman cartoon.

Hopefully he plays this like a darker version of the Joker (something along the lines of the character he did in the Arkham games)

I couldn't be more excited for this!
                        I'm excited for the reverse flash tonight

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

I'm excited for the reverse flash tonight
                          I can't wait also...

Can someone recommend me some Flash comics,because I want to read a few...
                          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                            I can't wait also...

Can someone recommend me some Flash comics,because I want to read a few...
                            Flashpoint is an excellent series tough I don't know if it's a jump right in with limited knowledge type of series. It is essentially the event that kicked off the new 52 which is DC's current continuity.
                            sigpic

Comment

I really really hate midseason finale's...it serves no purpose at all...between Flash and Agents of Shield...all I have to say is.....WOW...
                              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                                I really really hate midseason finale's...it serves no purpose at all...between Flash and Agents of Shield...all I have to say is.....WOW...
                                I don't mind them. It gives some closure though a lot are cliff hangers.

But I don't mind getting a month break to do other stuff.

*****Spoiler alert******
                                This one was great though. I knew reverse flash had to be Welles. I had a theory that he might be a future Barry Allen come back to the past. But it looks like he is definitely reverse
                                Flash. Curious to see how he managed to clone himself or whatever that was though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X