No announcement yet.

The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FREAKING KNEW IT!!!!!!! I called it the first episode way back when I saw the pilot before it actually aired!! Such an awesome episode...Can't wait until January.
    sigpic

Comment

It was a great episode last night. I was up so I figured might as well watch it at midnight lol. Love how they have slowly built some of these characters. Because the villians early on where pretty much just filler as they weren't really built up and didn't last long because they were building Barry so it is nice to see the reverse flash make an appearance.

But I will have to go read up on the reverse flash because I thought he had pretty much the same abilities but it looks like he doesn't have the quick healing factor that Barry had unless Wells really isn't the reverse flash but someone that helps him.

The other reason I'm leaving that possability open is unless they change the origin which is possible as that is what they look to be doing with Colbalt (which I'm sticking with Thawne being). Because if he can have multiple copies of himself in the past what is stopping him from having an army coming back and have like 10 reverse flashes. So unless they had the orginal reverse flash born in the same time period as the orginal flash it would point to there being able to have multiple reverse flashes in the same period.

But than if that is the case it throws off the Thawne and reverse flash moment where he didn't do anything other than disarm him. Because Thawne is a realtive of reverse flash might be a great great grandpa or something along those lines.

But I wonder if we will get another Flash since they mentioned that there was another one on the day his mother died. I'm guessing it was Barry that carried Barry out and in that time his mother died.

And finally we got Firestorm which has slowly built up to that so I wonder what the second half of the season has in store for him. So overall loved the building of the characters mainly Thawne because it looks to be changing his origin to one that looks like it might work really well. And the reverse flash actually making an appearance and same with Firestorm.

Looking forward to Arrow but won't be staying up for that tonight and will watch it tomorrow lol.

*EDIT*

So after reading around I have seen some good theroies on how they were both in the same room. That would be because the one in the yellow suit and red eyes is Zoom AKA Hunter Solomon while Wells is Professor Zoom.
      Last edited by #87Birdman; 12-10-2014, 08:06 AM.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        But I will have to go read up on the reverse flash because I thought he had pretty much the same abilities but it looks like he doesn't have the quick healing factor that Barry had unless Wells really isn't the reverse flash but someone that helps him.
        Go back and watch that last scene again. His face is rapidly healing. He can control when his healing works and slow it down.

As to othe stuff you said. Reverse flash has been in the same place twice in the comics before. In Flashpoint they show him watching Barry kill him. Most likely when we see him in the room at the end he's just finished going back to the past and kicking the crap out of himself.

My theory is that Eddie is Wells Great, Great Grandfather and that wells is actually Eobard Thawne and that Wells is just a false identity (like H.G. Wells the time traveler)

I think the reason that there was another speedster is that Barry will eventually go back in time to try and prevent his mothers death and he's there fighting with Wells. I think that we'll see flashpoint happen in this show he will save his mom and in doing so completely alter everything.

My theory is that before Wells killed Barry's mom Barry would have become a physicist working for star labs and would have came up with the collider himself and gotten his powers in the accident. When Wells killed Barry's mom he went the CSI route instead and since Wells future depends on Barry becoming the Flash he created the accident in Barry's place.
        Last edited by Freyaka; 12-10-2014, 08:23 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Go back and watch that last scene again. His face is rapidly healing. He can control when his healing works and slow it down.

As to othe stuff you said. Reverse flash has been in the same place twice in the comics before. In Flashpoint they show him watching Barry kill him. Most likely when we see him in the room at the end he's just finished going back to the past and kicking the crap out of himself.

My theory is that Eddie is Wells Great, Great Grandfather and that wells is actually Eobard Thawne and that Wells is just a false identity (like H.G. Wells the time traveler)

I think the reason that there was another speedster is that Barry will eventually go back in time to try and prevent his mothers death and he's there fighting with Wells. I think that we'll see flashpoint happen in this show he will save his mom and in doing so completely alter everything.

My theory is that before Wells killed Barry's mom Barry would have become a physicist working for star labs and would have came up with the collider himself and gotten his powers in the accident. When Wells killed Barry's mom he went the CSI route instead and since Wells future depends on Barry becoming the Flash he created the accident in Barry's place.
          But the reverse flash being in the same spot twice when he died wasn't that due to the Flash going to the future meaning that there was a current reverse flash. In this it would be that there were 2 reverse flashes in the past meaning he could just keep sending more and more and have 100s of reverse flashes in one point in time. Becuase if I remember with Flash killing him it was when he when into the future meaning you had the current version and the one that was time traveling.

Didn't know about him being able to control how fast he healed. But it is fun reading all the theories lol. I currently see so many trying to place Eddie, Wells and the reverse flash all being the same person and my theory is that they are 3 different people.

I am going with that Eddie Thawne is Colbalt Blue
          Wells is Professor Zoom
          Reverse Flash is Hunter Solomon (because the build for him and Wells is different plus the red eyes wasn't on Wells costume.)

But I like the theory on why he killed Barry's mom.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Going to give a heads up that this returns tomorrow night

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Geoff Johns should write all of the episodes of the Flash....

That is all...
              sigpic

Comment

This show is on fire right now and can do no wrong in my opinion.

I'm still struggling with reading Welles. It seems that he has no good intentions in the endgame as far as being the reverse flash. However he seems so often to have Barry's best interest at heart. Not just as a front either. It seems like a lot of times after others walk away he has these looks like he really cares about the group. And wants to do good things.

It just has me so confused. I'm sure by seasons end we will have some kind of battle between the two. I just can't figure out what his motives are.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I'm still struggling with reading Welles. It seems that he has no good intentions in the endgame as far as being the reverse flash. However he seems so often to have Barry's best interest at heart. Not just as a front either. It seems like a lot of times after others walk away he has these looks like he really cares about the group. And wants to do good things.

It just has me so confused. I'm sure by seasons end we will have some kind of battle between the two. I just can't figure out what his motives are.
                  Well if I remember correctly. Wells wouldn't exisit without Barry becoming the Flash. So he needs him to become the Flash so he can exisit, so my guess get him far enough along to exisit and than try to best him.

But they really need to do something about the inconsistencies of his speed. He can pull people out of a falling car in the blink of an eye but he can't disarm people with guns that fast. Looking at you Captain Cold and Heat Wave. At least I will give Piper some credit for it being activated when he was disarmed but they really need to come up with a way the Rogues can actually compete with him. But overall this episode was pretty good will probably watch Arrow tonight.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                    Well if I remember correctly. Wells wouldn't exisit without Barry becoming the Flash. So he needs him to become the Flash so he can exisit, so my guess get him far enough along to exisit and than try to best him.

But they really need to do something about the inconsistencies of his speed. He can pull people out of a falling car in the blink of an eye but he can't disarm people with guns that fast. Looking at you Captain Cold and Heat Wave. At least I will give Piper some credit for it being activated when he was disarmed but they really need to come up with a way the Rogues can actually compete with him. But overall this episode was pretty good will probably watch Arrow tonight.
                    I was reading the IGN review and the guy said the same thing that the show makes him have a weakness for humans with guns. Which shouldn't be an issue.

I also started to read the 7 things you need to know about the Flash based on comments from Kreisenberg or whatever his name is. It was starting to answer some of my questions about Welles but I decided it was being too much of a spoiler so I clicked off. I don't understand why fans always have to ask so many questions to the point where Producers and directors actually feel the need to spoil stuff. I want my questions answered in the show. Not from some press conference/interview outside the show.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

If he seems to have Barry's interests in mind it is only because Tom Cavanaugh is such an amazing actor. He is only concerned about Barry getting faster (I think Barry is going to have to hit a specific speed to correct an issue with the speedforce that is keeping Wells from using the speedforce correctly) He needs him for his own purposes and is looking out for himself.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        If he seems to have Barry's interests in mind it is only because Tom Cavanaugh is such an amazing actor. He is only concerned about Barry getting faster (I think Barry is going to have to hit a specific speed to correct an issue with the speedforce that is keeping Wells from using the speedforce correctly) He needs him for his own purposes and is looking out for himself.
                        Yeah I can agree Tom is a terrific actor and has been playing it extremely well. And that is pretty much in line with what I figured is that it is more for himself. But it was great hearing the Speed Force mentioned

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          I swear in both threads for this and Arrow it sounds like you wrote those IGN reviews. Probably because you are much more familiar with the comics than I am. So you know a lot more about people than I do. It all makes sense and I kind of figured there had to be some ulterior motives. Just hadn't been able to figure them out on my own.
                          sigpic

Comment

I swear in both threads for this and Arrow it sounds like you wrote those IGN reviews. Probably because you are much more familiar with the comics than I am. So you know a lot more about people than I do. It all makes sense and I kind of figured there had to be some ulterior motives. Just hadn't been able to figure them out on my own.
                            I Yea, I'm somewhat of a comic nerd lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Another decent episode but I thought a little lower than the 9 IGN gave it.

I personally thought the Sid fight scene was a bit absurd. It was cheesy slow for the actor to execute the moves. And didn't make sense with no formal training. A week after praising Arrow for slowly developing Laurel. Then this happens.

I did like Peek-a-Boo and she seemed to give Flash a real challenge compared to who has been on lately. But the turn the lights out sort of made sense but kind of not. I mean I get it I guess it just seemed too easy.

The dad scene at the end was pretty good though. And so was the bar scene.

I liked the episode. Just not as much as the past few.
                              sigpic

Comment

Another decent episode but I thought a little lower than the 9 IGN gave it.

I personally thought the Sid fight scene was a bit absurd. It was cheesy slow for the actor to execute the moves. And didn't make sense with no formal training. A week after praising Arrow for slowly developing Laurel. Then this happens.

I did like Peek-a-Boo and she seemed to give Flash a real challenge compared to who has been on lately. But the turn the lights out sort of made sense but kind of not. I mean I get it I guess it just seemed too easy.

The dad scene at the end was pretty good though. And so was the bar scene.

I liked the episode. Just not as much as the past few.
                                You forgot the best part....

GRODD

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X