X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Joe Machi dropped the biggest joke I've ever seen on last comic this week. It was beyond edgy and I about died laughing half out of shock that he just went there and half because it was that freaking hilarious! Not to mention keenans face was priceless

Yeah, Machi pulls off a lot of edgy material I think because he always looks so nervous for one, and two because he has a permagrin and no one knows what to do other than laugh I think. He's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Sad to see Laporte go last week. Used a joke to start with that was maybe a bit worn out for those who follow him. Even though he recovered the set it wasn't enough.

Rodman was certainly the one that killed last week. Love that he can roll with one subject for an entire set the way he does.

They've all really held my attention this season…

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by aberdien View Post
    I don't watch this show but I know of Joe Machi elsewhere.

If it's anything like this, it's probably good.
    Joe Machi dropped the biggest joke I've ever seen on last comic this week. It was beyond edgy and I about died laughing half out of shock that he just went there and half because it was that freaking hilarious! Not to mention keenans face was priceless

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by aberdien View Post

That guy from fox is so phony he's annoying, but I love Machi's side of it. I would never buy that book used… a reader would be the safest way to go…

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    I wasn't very impressed with Patterson in the beginning, but he was by far the best in improvisation. Been loving his humor for the last 2 shows, he's starting to stand out.

One thing I admire about the comics this season is that they pick the toughest one to go up against. Seems like they are really challenging themselves...

Still loving Machi, hated to see Monroe go. I'm sure he'll be the one brought back for the finals.
    Last edited by Sophia23; 07-18-2014, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    LOL Rod Man was HILARIOUS on Ellen! Looked like Joe Machi was standing next to the host at the head to head video for next week. I really hope he doesn't end up going home.
    Oh no… I must've missed that about Joe Machi - that guy is so dry he kills me….

Rodman was Awesome! I like him more and more with each show!

The head to heads sort of surprised me… I thought it was the best set I'd seen thus far from DC Benny, Same with Patterson … his best set I've seen yet. Those one's who I don't think are that funny sometimes surprise when I see them have a great set.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    LOL Rod Man was HILARIOUS on Ellen! Looked like Joe Machi was standing next to the host at the head to head video for next week. I really hope he doesn't end up going home.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    I dunno, my wife and I during the invitation rounds would just look at each other like "how did they make it through, they weren't even funny". The main ones we really didn't find funny were D.C. Benny, Rod Man, Anna Rodriguez and Jimmy Shubert.

Rod man I'm warming up to (and it's obvious that unlike Joe Machi, Rod Man's stage persona is entirely an act. Listening to him having conversations with the other contestants and the interviews it's obvious he's not like his character on stage)

I think my favorites are Rocky, Monroe, Nikki and Joe.

Rocky cracks me up. He looks like Jim Belushi and Rob Schneider had a weird baby together.

+

=
    We're on the same page with who we find funny…. I think you have to have a certain taste for D.C. Benny, and he's just not for me he's made me smile a couple times…. while Joe Machi has had me in tears -- I'm thinking he'll be the one to beat.

I love Rocky's humor … yep, I can see the resemblance…

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
    That's kinda funny the difference in our opinions, because I think they've done a great job with the selection. When I've watched in the past, I usually only like one or two… I like them all this time, but have 4 favorites.
    I dunno, my wife and I during the invitation rounds would just look at each other like "how did they make it through, they weren't even funny". The main ones we really didn't find funny were D.C. Benny, Rod Man, Anna Rodriguez and Jimmy Shubert.

Rod man I'm warming up to (and it's obvious that unlike Joe Machi, Rod Man's stage persona is entirely an act. Listening to him having conversations with the other contestants and the interviews it's obvious he's not like his character on stage)

I think my favorites are Rocky, Monroe, Nikki and Joe.

Rocky cracks me up. He looks like Jim Belushi and Rob Schneider had a weird baby together.

+

=
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-02-2014, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Am I the only one that though "these guys they are picking just aren't funny at all" and then watched the standing room special and realized that they were actually funny the editors just edited the funny bits out.

Seriously, until now I kept watching Rod Man and just shaking my head the whole time. Some of his stuff they showed on the special Sunday was hilarious... I didn't find him funny at all prior to watching that special.
    That's kinda funny the difference in our opinions, because I think they've done a great job with the selection. When I've watched in the past, I usually only like one or two… I like them all this time, but have 4 favorites.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Am I the only one that though "these guys they are picking just aren't funny at all" and then watched the standing room special and realized that they were actually funny the editors just edited the funny bits out.

Seriously, until now I kept watching Rod Man and just shaking my head the whole time. Some of his stuff they showed on the special Sunday was hilarious... I didn't find him funny at all prior to watching that special.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    That was funny, I am going to check it out.
    It's on NBC on thursday nights… I always record it so not sure what time.

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
    I had no idea it was still on either to be honest, the last one I watched I believe Josh Blue was on .... it's been a while!!
    I remember the season with Josh Blue. He was my favorite that season. I guess they must of just taken a break from it, the last season I remember Iliza Shlesinger won it. So I guess I have seen it since the third season…. it just seems longer.

They've changed it up a bit… they don't let the audience decide the winners anymore, but the judges.

Leave a comment:

• Jermz79
    replied
    I had no idea it was still on either to be honest, the last one I watched I believe Josh Blue was on .... it's been a while!!

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    That was funny, I am going to check it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X