Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Williams dead at 63; Apparent suicide

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...811-story.html

Oscar-winning actor and comic Robin Williams died Monday at 63 of an apparent suicide, the Marin County Sheriff's Department confirmed.

Around 11:55 a.m. Monday, sheriff's officials said, a 911 call came in about a man unresponsive in his home in Tiburon. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Dubbed “the funniest man alive” by Entertainment Weekly in 1997, Williams brought audiences hours of laughter, putting his imaginative spin on characters in film and television. He was lauded for his serious roles as well, winning a best supporting actor Oscar for his performance as Sean Maguire, the therapist who counsels Matt Damon’s math genius in “Good Will Hunting”(1997), and receiving nominations for “The Fisher King” (1991), “Dead Poets Society” (1989) and “Good Morning, Vietnam” (1987).

Born in Chicago in 1951, Williams became one of only two students accepted into John Houseman’s prestigious acting program at Julliard, the other being Christopher Reeve, who became a lifelong friend.

Williams gained fame as Mork, the bizarre, suspenders-sporting alien on the sitcom “Mork & Mindy,” a spinoff from “Happy Days.” Williams departed from the script so often that producers intentionally left blank moments on page for Williams to have space to indulge his ad-libbing genius.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-11-2014, 05:21 PM.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

I'm not his biggest fan or anything but I Have to say this is pretty sad that such a funny, seemingly humble guy who had more than 99% of people alive would feel like he'd have to resort to suicide.

I recently saw his house was for sale ........ somewhere online. Or a home he had built and sold ..... was being resold. It had a grape vinery .... he made wine there whatever that's called

Sad and ironic in a way. Based on some of his later dramatic roles, I think he could have still contributed a lot to the film culture
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

the official press release

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...lliamsdead.pdf

At
      this time, the Sheriff’s Office
      Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide
      due to asphyxia, but a
      comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.

Comment

Sad day, im a fan of Robin. Thoughts to his family and friends. Great actor, great man.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The happiest clowns at the circus are usually the saddest people inside. such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            The happiest clowns at the circus are usually the saddest people inside. such a shame.
            You are spot on right there. And it's such a shame.

There's a powerful line in a Zac Brown Band song that goes- "Sometimes I feel like a clwon who can't wash off his makeup..."
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Prays to Robin and his family. Depression is a very devastating illness if it's not treated. Hope happiness awaits you.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

bummed out i grew up on RW movies great comedian and seemed like such a stand up guy i guess we all have our demons

ill never forget when i was a kid watching the behind the scenes to Aladdin and finding out that Robin Williams was the voice of genie i was ecstatic

he'll forever be missed

Comment

You will be missed Robin!!

Rest In Peace to one of my favorite, if not all-time favorite actors Robin Williams! Thank you for making me laugh! You will be missed!
                  Last edited by Broncoholic JS; 08-11-2014, 06:49 PM.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                  Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                  Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                  Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                  I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

I'm truly saddened by this news. I grew up watching him play Mork, absolutely loved the show and watched every week.

Apparently he had recently entered a 12 step program for drug addiction. Sometimes we put so much pressure on people with drug issues that we tear them down and make them feel worthless.

Not all the money and fame in the world can protect a man from his inner demons. So sad to think of this man, who brought endless happiness and entertainment to millions, would go home and succumb to sadness and depression when the lights were off.

I hope he finds the peace in death that eluded him in life. RIP.
                    sigpic
                    Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Thank you, Mr Williams. Your comedic and dramatic brilliance will be missed! I hope you find peace.

Comment

Makes me soooooo sad..what a great talent and what a special person whom was very gifted, my prayers will have his name added this evening...Go to heaven Robin...
                        sigpic

Comment

Someone is honoring RW's memory by streaming a marathon of various works
                          http://vaughnlive.tv/themoviebay2

Comment

Mork and Mindy launched his career. It was one of the highest rated and watched shows. I heard that just today.

He was suffering from depression which is hard to believe for such a funny outgoing type of man. Maybe the pressure of it all? Tired of doing it? Who knows.

Suicide is such a strange ending for this man. I would never have thought. So sad.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

damn that sucks, loved him in popeye when i was a kid!

Comment

Working...
                              X