Planetside 2 (PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside 2 (PS4)

Anyone else get an invite? I played for about an hour tonight before it went down for matenince. It's a bit rough around the edges compared to PC but man it's a blast!
    sigpic

I'm telling you guys, once this comes out of beta (soon) we need to get some groups going (it's free to play)

This video is from the PC version at max settings (Ps4 version looks exactly like the max PC settings) You can expect this scale of battle. This is just one of many battles happening at the same time on the world (when it goes to the map at about 3 mins you can see the indicators on each of the other major battles) This battle has hundreds of people in the same area fighting on both sides.

It has assault, sniper, medic and engineer classes just like battlefield as well as tanks, air transport and air assault, and ground transport that acts as mobile spawn locations.

Just to give you an idea of the general scale. Roughly 6000 people per server each server has 3 continents and 2000 people per continent.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 01-24-2015, 01:57 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

When does this drop? Looks like a bigger version of Battlefield which I am definitely down for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        When does this drop? Looks like a bigger version of Battlefield which I am definitely down for.
        Closed beta is going on right now (been playing it, good stuff!) I would say a month or two. They haven't made an official announcement yet from what I remember.
        sigpic

Comment

My ps4 code won't work. Says I've already used it.
          Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

I just tried this on PC the other day.

It kept respawning me at a sunderer where my faction/empire (Vanu) was trying to capture a control point or something. I want to say I was killed 200 times but it was probably closer to a hundred but damn, it was brutal. Not a bad game but I had no idea what the heck I was doing so I uninstalled the game.

My K/D is usually pretty good but it must have been <0.05 with the only kills coming from the noob tube.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I'm telling you guys, once this comes out of beta (soon) we need to get some groups going (it's free to play)

This video is from the PC version at max settings (Ps4 version looks exactly like the max PC settings) You can expect this scale of battle. This is just one of many battles happening at the same time on the world (when it goes to the map at about 3 mins you can see the indicators on each of the other major battles) This battle has hundreds of people in the same area fighting on both sides.

It has assault, sniper, medic and engineer classes just like battlefield as well as tanks, air transport and air assault, and ground transport that acts as mobile spawn locations.

Just to give you an idea of the general scale. Roughly 6000 people per server each server has 3 continents and 2000 people per continent.
              That...looks....AMAZING haha. Love the tank rounds going off everywhere around you .

This game's been on my radar for a while, cant wait to try
              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                I just tried this on PC the other day.

It kept respawning me at a sunderer where my faction/empire (Vanu) was trying to capture a control point or something. I want to say I was killed 200 times but it was probably closer to a hundred but damn, it was brutal. Not a bad game but I had no idea what the heck I was doing so I uninstalled the game.

My K/D is usually pretty good but it must have been <0.05 with the only kills coming from the noob tube.
                Steep learning curve but man is it fun once you get the hang of it. Try being a Medic or Engineer until you get the hang of it (that or watch some youtube vids) Once you figure out the ins and outs it's not too hard.
                sigpic

Comment

looks to "Battlefield-ish" to me!! People running all over the place, Planes, Trains and Automobiles all around, tracer rounds coming in from every which angle ... chaos if you ask me!

Which is one reason I cannot stand Battlefield and probably would not get into this game ... but if it's free, maybe I'll try it out!
                  sigpic

Comment

It's Battlefield only better...for a free game you can't beat it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Surprisingly never heard of this game before. Count me in, it looks awesome. And it's free? You really can't beat that.
                      2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosk View Post
                        Surprisingly never heard of this game before. Count me in, it looks awesome. And it's free? You really can't beat that.
                        You can pay for stuff but it's mostly cosmetic. It's not pay to win. You can hop in as a first level and play as is.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/N7ios

A large collection of screenshots from the beta.
                          sigpic

Comment

Anyone going to start playing this? Just released and I know for a fact it's a lot of fun.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Anyone going to start playing this? Just released and I know for a fact it's a lot of fun.
                              I've been playing it. Servers are kind of slow right now. But it is fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X