No announcement yet.

Uh Oh - Better Call Saul (Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's unfortunate, but hopefully it's not too bad. He was here not long ago making a movie, and was apparently doing some pretty physical stuff on screen, in terms of "fighting" and such.

My wife and I have been patiently waiting for the show to return. One of our fav shows....but such a long break between seasons.

Comment

• wow I hope he's going to be ok. You know I can't help but think about the average Joe who goes through something like this who probably doesn't get nearly the kind of attention someone like Odenkirk would .......being the star of a hit show. We have to reform our corrupt health care system and get it working for everyone.
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Yessss.....saw the first show in the new season last night. We're going to watch episode two tonight. Still love this show!

Will be a very exciting finish this season I'm sure, and expect to see more Breaking Bad folks show up.

Comment

• So I see that this final season will be split into 2 parts. 13 shows in total, with part two in July. I am glad to see this because it will give a pause before the show ends. I am looking forward to what will occur, and how it ends....but I will certainly miss this show!

Comment

• I finally caught the first 2 ........... such quality .... cinematography (almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about) ......I don't. But even I can see it. And the music matches the action so well. I'm already 100% back deep in it

Comment

• SPOILERS

I dunno about you Can, but I'm really worried about Kim and this scam they're running now. Being the final season, we know some things because this leads into Breaking Bad ........ and ...... well the elephant in the room has always been ..........what happens to Kim. And she's never been better. She's just so likeable this season. She's a true lover of Saul this season..... and she's also 100% in his corner ..... she's helping build Saul's image and she's got this edge (remember the Kettleman scene?) ....... man I just hope she makes it out with her life

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                SPOILERS

I dunno about you Can, but I'm really worried about Kim and this scam they're running now. Being the final season, we know some things because this leads into Breaking Bad ........ and ...... well the elephant in the room has always been ..........what happens to Kim. And she's never been better. She's just so likeable this season. She's a true lover of Saul this season..... and she's also 100% in his corner ..... she's helping build Saul's image and she's got this edge (remember the Kettleman scene?) ....... man I just hope she makes it out with her life
                I am 100% with you on Kim. I've thought about her a year or two ago in that way. Because she was not in Breaking Bad, so what becomes of her? And you are so right, even though there are many good characters, she is probably one of the most liked of them all. So smart, so nice in so many ways, and so loyal. BUT, she is no pushover. I think I am going to dread those weeks when something is likely to happen. Maybe she will move away. But maybe she will get too involved and we know where that could go, given how many bad asses there are in their world. Those twins and their big toed boots scare me every time they show up.

I also worry about Nacho. He's the nicest bad guy I think. You know what's funny, as a canuck, is that even though he is a Canadian in real life, if you noticed his passport on the show, it says Winnipeg. Haha, my city gets all kinds of exposure for various reasons. Whether it's The Simpsons, The Office, or dozens of other shows, they seem to like to use it. Even a little girl on Snow Piercer (the series) is named it. Could be because they do film here more than one would expect, so it may have some unexpected benefits. However, it's not likely because we are the cat's meow when it comes to cities (but I sure love it!). I DIGRESS.

Hey pal, stay in touch. I look forward to your assessment of BCS as the series draws to an end.

Comment

• Saw Bob Odenkirk on Bill Maher last night. He seems like a great guy. Very likable. I think many of us did not realize that he has no acting training and got the Breaking Bad role unexpectedly. Though he has an extensive background in comedy, including as a writer for SNL.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I am 100% with you on Kim. I've thought about her a year or two ago in that way. Because she was not in Breaking Bad, so what becomes of her? And you are so right, even though there are many good characters, she is probably one of the most liked of them all. So smart, so nice in so many ways, and so loyal. BUT, she is no pushover. I think I am going to dread those weeks when something is likely to happen. Maybe she will move away. But maybe she will get too involved and we know where that could go, given how many bad asses there are in their world. Those twins and their big toed boots scare me every time they show up.

I also worry about Nacho. He's the nicest bad guy I think. You know what's funny, as a canuck, is that even though he is a Canadian in real life, if you noticed his passport on the show, it says Winnipeg. Haha, my city gets all kinds of exposure for various reasons. Whether it's The Simpsons, The Office, or dozens of other shows, they seem to like to use it. Even a little girl on Snow Piercer (the series) is named it. Could be because they do film here more than one would expect, so it may have some unexpected benefits. However, it's not likely because we are the cat's meow when it comes to cities (but I sure love it!). I DIGRESS.

Hey pal, stay in touch. I look forward to your assessment of BCS as the series draws to an end.
                    Even though Saul Goodman was a regularly occurring character in Breaking Bad, he was a peripheral as opposed to a main character in spite of the fact that he was key in moving the plot. This is due to his lack of character development as compared to the main group of characters. Walter's character is developed through the introduction and development of his family (Skyler, Junior, Marie and Hank), former associates (Gretchen and Elliott Schwartz) including scenes at his high school.

Even some of these characters get their own development to such an extent that other characters are introduced in their development and contribute to the plots and sub-plots (e.g., Skyler's boss Ted, Hank's partner "Gomey", Marie's kleptomania, Junior's alternate identity of "Flynn", Skyler's car wash money laundering, etc.)

Similar situation with Jesse and his parents, girl friends (including the father of one and the son of another) and buddies (Badger, Skinny Pete, Combo)

Ditto with Gustavo Fring and Mike (Tuco, Leonel & Marco, Hector, Gale, Victor, Tyrus, Lydia, Mike's daughter-in-law and his granddaughter, etc.)

In comparison, Saul Goodman has very little direct and indirect character development and his supporting characters (his receptionist Francesca and his bodyguard Huell) have very small parts. Did we even hear the name Jimmy McGill used for Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad? Can't recall that. Think Bob Odenkirk did such a great job of portraying Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad that Vince Gilligan thought he could be the central figure in what turned out to be a prequel with sequel scenes.

So, the lack of background development of his character gave the writers of Better Call Saul prequel to Breaking Bad an almost completely blank slate from which to create the person who became Saul Goodman. Consequently, Kim Wexler is also created with a completely blank slate as are others, like Chuck.

Like you guys, I'm real interested in what happens to Kim Wexler. All the seasons of Better Call Saul have those black and white flash forwards of Saul in his new identity as a Cinnabon manager in Omaha with no Kim in sight. In the new episodes of the current season, we saw what appeared to be a color flash forward of Saul's lavishly furnished house (?) being packed up and hauled away. Again, no Kim in sight. She throws the coffee mug in the trash which had to have happened for a reason. She and Jimmy are plotting against Howard which carries an element of risk. Jimmy/Saul's connection with Lalo Salamanca add an even higher danger.

Right now we're in the middle of what will happen to "Nacho" which probably won't end well. Also, I don't recall Lalo being in Breaking Bad, so he probably won't survive the end of the series. Of course, Chuck died about halfway through the series.

Have been wondering if the writers will have Kim murdered or just break up with Jimmy/Saul. Maybe the writers will have Jimmy return to Kim in ABQ in a way similar to Walter returning to see Skyler one more time before he sacrifices himself to rescue Jesse. We shall see. Will be glued to it on the edge of my seat!
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• No details but the latest episode was shocking. Love to discuss, but too soon.

Comment

• Ignacio "Nacho" Varga parlayed his situation into an heroic ending in which he had the last word and left knowing his father would be safe as per Mike's promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Ignacio "Nacho" Varga parlayed his situation into an heroic ending in which he had the last word and left knowing his father would be safe as per Mike's promise.
                          Lets just say I was sad to see him go. One of my fav "bad" guys. I actually wondered if he might make it to the end....dang it.

Yes, he did it for dad, and he used his words to reveal his true feelings, knowing he would have the last say.

Comment

Lets just say I was sad to see him go. One of my fav "bad" guys. I actually wondered if he might make it to the end....dang it.

Yes, he did it for dad, and he used his words to reveal his true feelings, knowing he would have the last say.
                            Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca doesn't make it to Breaking Bad. Mike has had him in his sights at least once already. Think maybe he will run afoul of Ehrmantrout when making a move against Nacho's Dad. Just speculating.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca doesn't make it to Breaking Bad. Mike has had him in his sights at least once already. Think maybe he will run afoul of Ehrmantrout when making a move against Nacho's Dad. Just speculating.
                              Yikes....just thinking about what is coming again. Mike doesn't make it all the way either.

Comment

Yikes....just thinking about what is coming again. Mike doesn't make it all the way either.
                                Right. Walter kills him in the Rio Grande Bosque near the end of Breaking Bad.

We are seeing flash forward sequel scenes in BCS that occur after BB. El Camino tells how Jesse gets away after Walter comes back and rescues him from Todd and the nazis. Love the M-60 MG in the trunk with the garage door opener.

Gus, Hector, Don Eladio, Leonel & Marco, Gale, Mike, Hank, Gomey, Jane and others don't make it past the end of BB.

As we previously discussed, we are waiting to find out about Kim, Lalo, Howard and others whose fate may be revealed by the end of BCS. We may get to find out what eventually happens to Jimmy after the BB timeline.
                                Last edited by samparnell; 04-27-2022, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X