Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARVEL NEWS (comics, film & TV)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I think he'll be crippled and Stark will probably have to fix him up.
    Vision doesn't function with the mind stone in the comics. Hopefully they go a similar route when he inevitably gets the mind stone taken away

    Comment


    • Looks like Disney is buying 21st Century Fox which will mean that the FF/X-Men/mutant universe and MCU may merge finally!

      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

      https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/b...x-murdoch.html

      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
        Looks like Disney is buying 21st Century Fox which will mean that the FF/X-Men/mutant universe and MCU may merge finally!

        https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/b...x-murdoch.html
        I don't think it's a may. I think it's a will. They are buying all movie and tv assets minus sports and news. I don't see how that would leave Fox an out on anything whatsoever movie wise. My brother asked what that meant about how Fox handles tv shows. And I said they won't exist anymore under the name Fox. I'm sure a new channel will emerge with the current shows they don't want to cancel.

        But I seriously doubt Disney is going to take over making all of these shows and just let Fox continue to get the credit with their name on the channel. So X-men and FF should see a boost in quality.

        One thing I'm curious about is what happens with Gotham. Because that is a DC asset on Fox which will no longer have shows. But I don't see WB allowing Disney to have the right to their asset. So does it change channels? Get canned?
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
          Looks like Disney is buying 21st Century Fox which will mean that the FF/X-Men/mutant universe and MCU may merge finally!

          https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/b...x-murdoch.html
          That's cool as hell, I was just discussing this with a coworker. Disney needs to drive a couple of dump trucks full of money to Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart's house and have them cameo in the Infinity War sequel!
          You've got to know when to sack em...

          Comment





          • Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post


              Yay phoenix saga...again... 😕

              Comment


              • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                Yay phoenix saga...again... ��
                Come on Disney! Hurry up and buy Fox so we can finally get some worthwhile X-men movies (complete with avengers tie ins!)
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Come on Disney! Hurry up and buy Fox so we can finally get some worthwhile X-men movies (complete with avengers tie ins!)
                  I'm looking forward to Avengers versus X-Men! And a third (and hopefully good and finally correct) Fantastic Four reboot!

                  Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                    Yay phoenix saga...again... 😕
                    X3 doesn't exist. It was so bad it got retconned out by DoFP.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                    Comment


                    • Welp, it's official bois Disney has bought fox

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                        Welp, it's official bois Disney has bought fox
                        I don't think it's nearly as bad of a thing as some people on the internet are trying to paint it out to be.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          I don't think it's nearly as bad of a thing as some people on the internet are trying to paint it out to be.
                          I understand the fact that Disney in theory could own everything thus meaning lower quality content because there's no competition but fox was wanting to sell and I think the right company bought them

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                            I understand the fact that Disney in theory could own everything thus meaning lower quality content because there's no competition but fox was wanting to sell and I think the right company bought them
                            Personally I don't expect their quality to drop one iota. Disney has spent way too long taking too much pride in their content. Sure they've had some downspells in the animated area but it didn't last long.

                            Just because they lose some competition doesn't mean they don't want to still put out high quality to sell a ton of seats. No good comes from being a monopoly that people still don't want to go see just because it's the only option.

                            I fully expect Disney to still make high quality films and improve X-men and FF.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                              I understand the fact that Disney in theory could own everything thus meaning lower quality content because there's no competition but fox was wanting to sell and I think the right company bought them
                              That's the big key here. It could have become a comcast company and if you think comcast is going to be all about quality over quantity...

                              Disney wants to have a legit movie studio. They haven't had a film studio for adult movies since they sold off Miramax. They've had the occasional touchstone film, but the 20th century fox brand will allow them to make adult movies under that umbrella, while still making family friendly disney movies under their other umbrellas.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                Personally I don't expect their quality to drop one iota. Disney has spent way too long taking too much pride in their content. Sure they've had some downspells in the animated area but it didn't last long.

                                Just because they lose some competition doesn't mean they don't want to still put out high quality to sell a ton of seats. No good comes from being a monopoly that people still don't want to go see just because it's the only option.

                                I fully expect Disney to still make high quality films and improve X-men and FF.
                                Don't get me wrong I am ecstatic that Disney bought fox and now has both FF and xmen. I was just saying I know the concerns people have over one studio monopolizing but I agree with you. As long as they hire the right people to run things like a Kevin feige then the content will be good.


                                Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                That's the big key here. It could have become a comcast company and if you think comcast is going to be all about quality over quantity...

                                Disney wants to have a legit movie studio. They haven't had a film studio for adult movies since they sold off Miramax. They've had the occasional touchstone film, but the 20th century fox brand will allow them to make adult movies under that umbrella, while still making family friendly disney movies under their other umbrellas.
                                I agree. Comcast and some other companies were in the running for fox luckily Disney won out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X