"The X-Files" to return to TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The X-Files" to return to TV

It's official: 'The X-Files' is back with Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny and Chris Carter

Six episodes of the conspiracy-busting classic will go into production this summer.

by Rich Trenholm @rich_trenholm March 24, 2015 10:03 AM PDT

Gillian Anderson will once again don the sensible pantsuits of Dana Scully while
    David Duchovny polishes his best smirk as alien-hunting Fox Mulder.
    Fox

The truth is out there once more -- "The X-Files" is coming back to television. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will clip on their FBI name badges again as supernatural investigators Mulder and Scully in six new episodes of the cult show.

The show's creator Chris Carter is onboard for the new episodes. "I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," Carter said in the official announcement. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, [making this] a perfect time to tell these six stories."

Read more

Cool. I hope they go back to the bug hunt and monster theme's of the 1st couple seasons with stand alone episodes and stay away from that whole "smoking man" running storyline.

The Truth is Out There
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

I dunno...for my money Fringe out x-files the x-files.
      sigpic

Comment

first they are bringing back princess leia now dana scully? niiiiiiice
        sigpic

Comment

Awesome. :thumb:

Michael McKean who plays Chuck on Better Call Saul was in some X-Files episodes. Maybe he will return.

Gillian Anderson did a crime drama set in Northern Ireland called The Fall. It is set for a third season, I believe.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Awesome. :thumb:

Michael McKean who plays Chuck on Better Call Saul was in some X-Files episodes. Maybe he will return.

Gillian Anderson did a crime drama set in Northern Ireland called The Fall. It is set for a third season, I believe.
            Speaking of crime drama (not in Northern Ireland but the UK), Endeavour has to be my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Speaking of crime drama (not in Northern Ireland but the UK), Endeavour has to be my favorite.
              I haven't seen that one. I'll check it out if it's on Netflix. My wife and I have seen about 100 episodes of Midsomer Murders which is set in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I haven't seen that one. I'll check it out if it's on Netflix. My wife and I have seen about 100 episodes of Midsomer Murders which is set in the UK.
                That is another one which I also enjoy.

There is something about Endeavour that I can't explain. Maybe it's the time period, maybe the detail in costume and cinematography, dialogue, characters, plot... I really don't know but it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  That is another one which I also enjoy.

There is something about Endeavour that I can't explain. Maybe it's the time period, maybe the detail in costume and cinematography, dialogue, characters, plot... I really don't know but it's great.
                  We've seen some of Inspector Morse to which Endeavour is a prequel. Unfortunately, the latter isn't on Netflix yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X