Supergirl on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirl on CBS

Looks like it could be solid. Starts next fall and I believe the people behind Arrow and Flash will be part of this and with the CW being majority owned by CBS I wonder if they will ever do a cross over. So far the answer is no but I wouldn't completely put it out if they all continue to do well.

Legends of Tomorrow (Flash/Arrow Spinoff) is also green lit to go on the CW during the midseason break of those shows. So DC will have a nice cast of shows going next year. The biggest surprise is that Supergirl will be on at the same time as Gotham.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

Looks like it could be solid. Starts next fall and I believe the people behind Arrow and Flash will be part of this and with the CW being majority owned by CBS I wonder if they will ever do a cross over. So far the answer is no but I wouldn't completely put it out if they all continue to do well.

Legends of Tomorrow (Flash/Arrow Spinoff) is also green lit to go on the CW during the midseason break of those shows. So DC will have a nice cast of shows going next year. The biggest surprise is that Supergirl will be on at the same time as Gotham.
    IGN was making that out to be an issue but in today's technology world I don't see it as an issue anymore.

My DVR can record 5 shows at once. And I rarely if ever watch a show live. Most likely I would be recording both and still watch both the night they air but later in the evening. And with Hulu tons of people will be watching that way a day or two later.

I realize studios still have to worry about ratings but to me it's just not as big of a deal as in the past. I guess from my perspective as audience it's not a big deal anyway.

Besides it's not like D.C can dictate the time slot. They are the ones who would have co-universe competition. Fox and CBS probably don't care that another network has a D.C. show on at the same time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      IGN was making that out to be an issue but in today's technology world I don't see it as an issue anymore.

My DVR can record 5 shows at once. And I rarely if ever watch a show live. Most likely I would be recording both and still watch both the night they air but later in the evening. And with Hulu tons of people will be watching that way a day or two later.

I realize studios still have to worry about ratings but to me it's just not as big of a deal as in the past. I guess from my perspective as audience it's not a big deal anyway.

Besides it's not like D.C can dictate the time slot. They are the ones who would have co-universe competition. Fox and CBS probably don't care that another network has a D.C. show on at the same time.
      I know just seems weird they would compete like that. Not a big deal as I watch everything on Hulu still need to watch the final episode of Arrow but I just hope CBS has it go to Hulu so I can watch it in line with the other shows. I'm not sure if I have seen other CBS shows on Hulu so I might be out of luck and have to wait till it is on Netflix.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        I know just seems weird they would compete like that. Not a big deal as I watch everything on Hulu still need to watch the final episode of Arrow but I just hope CBS has it go to Hulu so I can watch it in line with the other shows. I'm not sure if I have seen other CBS shows on Hulu so I might be out of luck and have to wait till it is on Netflix.
        Yeah I don't think I watch anything on CBS at all. I plan to cut my directv by the time this show airs. So I'll need to know that information as well.
        sigpic

Comment

So I just now finally found the time to watch this.

On one hand it looks incredibly corny/cheesy and built for young teen females based on girl power.

But then on the other hand when it comes to the action/superheroing it looks like this could be the new top superhero show on television.
          sigpic

Comment

So watched the first episode since xbox had it for free. (Couldn't find it on Hulu) but overall thought it was really good. Not like Smallville where you watch her powers develop from nothing she knows about them but hasn't used them a ton and needs practice. But the show I thought was pretty good.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

What provider do you have that can have 5 shows record at once?!

Comment

Supergirl is being moved to CW. I wonder if this will increase the quality and the chances of crossovers with the other two.

I may have to reconsider going back on this one now.
                sigpic

Comment

Supergirl is being moved to CW. I wonder if this will increase the quality and the chances of crossovers with the other two.

Tom Welling cameo to come?

Comment

Originally posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
                    What provider do you have that can have 5 shows record at once?!
                    Sorry SLeeLeeS I just now saw this. After the show started and I still had it recording I didn't want to come back in here and get spoilers.

Directv though. I've had the Genie box for 3 years and it can record 5 tuners at once.

But I'm sure by now you know that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Have you watched Arrow lately? I mean ya, flash is good, but that's just because uncle Gungie hasn't gotten his grubby stupid paws on it yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        Have you watched Arrow lately? I mean ya, flash is good, but that's just because uncle Gungie hasn't gotten his grubby stupid paws on it yet.
                        Lol haven't watched this weeks. It still has it's moments even if it's unbearable lately. But only the really elite shows in TV history manage to not suffer from writers block over the course of the show. I have so many shows that I loved for awhile that turned to crap several seasons in.

The 100 is becoming that way for me recently.

So yeah it's possible Supergirl could still be complete crap. But I trust CW writers over CBS. I don't think I watch a single show on CBS.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol haven't watched this weeks. It still has it's moments even if it's unbearable lately. But only the really elite shows in TV history manage to not suffer from writers block over the course of the show. I have so many shows that I loved for awhile that turned to crap several seasons in.

The 100 is becoming that way for me recently.

So yeah it's possible Supergirl could still be complete crap. But I trust CW writers over CBS. I don't think I watch a single show on CBS.
                          The show has devolved into a season long lecture of why you shouldn't lie, even if it's completely and totally justified... And now it's not just Felicity going overboard about it, now momma Smoak is doing it too...Might as well rename it to "The Smoaks"....

Every week the episode ends and I ask "why the heck do I still watch this crap?"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            The show has devolved into a season long lecture of why you shouldn't lie, even if it's completely and totally justified... And now it's not just Felicity going overboard about it, now momma Smoak is doing it too...Might as well rename it to "The Smoaks"....

Every week the episode ends and I ask "why the heck do I still watch this crap?"
                            I haven't even watched this week yet. But it's certainly not a show about super heroes and villains anymore. That's just a side story.

It's not just that either. The flashbacks lost their value 2 seasons ago. And they only get worse each week. They interrupt the story now.

I would imagine if the ratings keep dropping it will only last another season or two. It doesn't have the following to last 10 years like Smallville.
                            sigpic

Comment

So I actually binged season one of this show recently too.

At first I thought it was way better than legends but legends finished really well.

Now that all four are on CW I intend to keep up with all four.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X