E3 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I think most acknowledge the importance of Doom, but don't care for it much. It wasn't a part of their upbringing, they didn't get to experience the revolution first hand. They can read about it but the magic isn't there. They see another shooter.

Like many, Doom (and Doom II) holds a special place in my gaming heart. I miss calling my friend over the phone, hanging up and dialing his modem. So much trouble just to see each other in the game but man, Doom was always a blast!

No franchises deserve a proper reboot as much as Doom. The two original games have some passionate, loyal and hardcore fans but therein lies the problem, in my opinion. The old gamers have changed and with that, so have the games. Nothing will ever be like the original Doom games.

I'm very excited (SnapMap looks promising!) but honestly, I can't help but feel a little worried too. I just hope it delivers, Doom deserves it.
    Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Also, they need to stop trying to make Doom something it isn't!

It isn't Unreal Tournament, it isn't Halo. It's Doom and both of the aforementioned games drew inspiration from Doom. Just make it Doom and it will work for me at least.

While at it, Hell looked bad. Needs work (and more red).
    The finished product hopefully will have more gib and gore. I play a lot of Brutal Doom and I was hoping for that same vein of panic and terror with gore everywhere.

I agree that they don't need to make it Doom or Unreal. Just fast paced, balls to the wall, heartstopping, heavy metal up to 11, demon killing. The finishers are a nice touch, and were an awesome introduction in Brutal Doom.

My only issue that I can see is that with a game that big and pretty, running around that fast is going to make the game seem very short, but iD has promised that there will be loads of content, ala Doom and Doom II.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      The finished product hopefully will have more gib and gore. I play a lot of Brutal Doom and I was hoping for that same vein of panic and terror with gore everywhere.

I agree that they don't need to make it Doom or Unreal. Just fast paced, balls to the wall, heartstopping, heavy metal up to 11, demon killing. The finishers are a nice touch, and were an awesome introduction in Brutal Doom.

My only issue that I can see is that with a game that big and pretty, running around that fast is going to make the game seem very short, but iD has promised that there will be loads of content, ala Doom and Doom II.
      That chainsaw looked.. satisfying! I could do that for hours on end

The most important thing is its pace, weapons/lore and gore. How expansive and open SnapMap is remains to be seen, but that potentially could add thousands of hours to the game. I'm really interested in how open level designing is going to be.
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

EA was kind of a dud. NBA live looks like its actually improving. We at least know what to call Mass Effect. The new Old Republic expansion looks beast, but outside that prettt much same as always.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I played doom plenty of times. I know it paved the way for fps. Still don't care for it. Not saying the past games were bad or that the new one looks bad, it just doesn't interest me.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Final Fantasy VII is still to this day the best game experience I ever had, from the gameplay, the music, the friends I had helping me in the quest, ect. (Ocarina of Time is a VERY close 2nd). I got a bit excited when I heard they're doing an HD remake. I don't think it's necessary, much like George Lucas redoing the original Star Wars trilogy, but I'm sure I will ignore my surroundings as I relive my favorite game of all time.

Comment

My reaction to FFVII Remake

sigpic

Comment

So I know Uncharted 4 is a big deal. But is remaking Final Fantasy VII really the biggest news out of Sony this year?

I may be misreading perceptions but it seems like it's the biggest deal. And IGN is saying Sony killed it by remaking a nearly 20 year old game.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  So I know Uncharted 4 is a big deal. But is remaking Final Fantasy VII really the biggest news out of Sony this year?

I may be misreading perceptions but it seems like it's the biggest deal. And IGN is saying Sony killed it by remaking a nearly 20 year old game.
                  FF7 was a huge game back in the day and many have been clamoring for a remake. FF is a huge franchise and the fact Sony is remaking it is a big deal for some. I played it and loved it, but will definitely wait and see how Sony pulls it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    FF7 was a huge game back in the day and many have been clamoring for a remake. FF is a huge franchise and the fact Sony is remaking it is a big deal for some. I played it and loved it, but will definitely wait and see how Sony pulls it off.
                    I get why it's a big deal. My brothers played it religiously and I liked it ok even though I never finished it.

I'm just saying I don't get how a remake can be the biggest news for a next gen console.

But then again the biggest news for Microsoft is backwards compatibility which is playing all old games without even a visual upgrade.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                      Isn't it square making it. Thought I saw play it first on Playstation which usually makes it a multiplatform game with a timed exclusive.

But from the don't conference I thought horizon looked pretty good but after seeing the last guardian game play I don't understand the hype for that game.

Will add that the ghost recon game looked cool but after the division taking forever I'm guessing this game will be on the next couple of E3s lol.

Over some pretty solid conferences yesterday.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

I get why it's a big deal. My brothers played it religiously and I liked it ok even though I never finished it.

I'm just saying I don't get how a remake can be the biggest news for a next gen console.

But then again the biggest news for Microsoft is backwards compatibility which is playing all old games without even a visual upgrade.
                        Crazy part is Microsoft didn't even show everything. They had their daily show they put on later where they showed more of halo war zone game mode but they also showcased the new ui that is going to be coming.

But I think the reason the back ward compatability is so big is most of the stuff was known which usually doesn't put it at the top. The gears remastered with the beta would have been big but it was leaked a while back.

The rare collection was awesome and is considered up there but it pretty much is ported games but 30 for 30 is still pretty good.

From the sounds of it the recore game will have game play at gamescon but that was a cgi trailer which seems to annoy people more unless it is a known game because they know what they are getting versus games like scale bound and recore which no one knows what the games really are.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

I'll be honest when I heard about it....I didn't really care what else was said during E3. I am kind of a FF7 nut and have been one of those wishing for an HD remake forever. The trailer look absolutely stunning so it is hard for a fanboy like myself to not get all giddy. i actually plan to watch the entire sony presentation today since i missed it last night and want to see things like Uncharted 4, but really if they just walk out and say hey look we made a thing and that thing is FF7 HD...I'd probably not complain
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                            Crazy part is Microsoft didn't even show everything. They had their daily show they put on later where they showed more of halo war zone game mode but they also showcased the new ui that is going to be coming.

But I think the reason the back ward compatability is so big is most of the stuff was known which usually doesn't put it at the top. The gears remastered with the beta would have been big but it was leaked a while back.

The rare collection was awesome and is considered up there but it pretty much is ported games but 30 for 30 is still pretty good.

From the sounds of it the recore game will have game play at gamescon but that was a cgi trailer which seems to annoy people more unless it is a known game because they know what they are getting versus games like scale bound and recore which no one knows what the games really are.
                            I'm clearly in the minority on this because both fan bases seem to love this E3.

I just don't get the craze for games we've already played.

At E3 I want to see the games I haven't played before. That are truly next gen. Even if they have been leaked I still want to see new gameplay footage.

It's just leaving me very underwhelmed about what we've been given this year.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm clearly in the minority on this because both fan bases seem to love this E3.

I just don't get the craze for games we've already played.

At E3 I want to see the games I haven't played before. That are truly next gen. Even if they have been leaked I still want to see new gameplay footage.

It's just leaving me very underwhelmed about what we've been given this year.
                              I can agree with that companies do tend to stock with what works. Exclusive wise on the Xbox seems like they should have a steady stream of games for the next year but as you pointed out most are going to be a game part off a series. Because as far as non series games I think quantum break will be the next one and that is early 2016 and recore will be spring of 2016.

Because gears and the rate collection are early fall. halo and tomb raider are end of October and early September

Crackdown is a third installment but scale bound I have no idea on the release date.

But most those games I will play which is why I thought it was a great show for Microsoft. Plus having pc mods available to fallout could be big. But like I said in a different post it will depend on how those mods work.

I did think the middle was slow when they had the indies but they will probably always have that add there are indie fans out there.

O and the pirate mmo is coming not sure what I feel about that.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

It's the biggest thing in gaming in the last decade. If you don't understand why that is huge then you probably aren't into that kind of game and that's ok. But for most of us, FFVII was our freaking childhood. I played through that game probably 5-6 times growing up (that's 40+ hours of gameplay per playthrough) This is huge! Most of us would love to go play through it again, but my problem is the graphics are so dated by now that it just makes it difficult to do. I can't wait to have a new updated version of it. I will play the living crap out of this thing!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X