E3 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I'll be honest when I heard about it....I didn't really care what else was said during E3. I am kind of a FF7 nut and have been one of those wishing for an HD remake forever. The trailer look absolutely stunning so it is hard for a fanboy like myself to not get all giddy. i actually plan to watch the entire sony presentation today since i missed it last night and want to see things like Uncharted 4, but really if they just walk out and say hey look we made a thing and that thing is FF7 HD...I'd probably not complain
    Yea, no matter what else happens at E3, that pretty much makes E3 awesome for me this year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      It's the biggest thing in gaming in the last decade. If you don't understand why that is huge then you probably aren't into that kind of game and that's ok. But for most of us, FFVII was our freaking childhood. I played through that game probably 5-6 times growing up (that's 40+ hours of gameplay per playthrough) This is huge! Most of us would love to go play through it again, but my problem is the graphics are so dated by now that it just makes it difficult to do. I can't wait to have a new updated version of it. I will play the living crap out of this thing!
      I'm a Final Fantasy fan. And I've played 7. Just never finished that one. Like I said my brothers played it religiously.

But I still think it's extremely lame that next gen is doing all these remakes/remastered.

I don't want games from my childhood. I want new games.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think it's lame they are making them. And I get why fans would want to play them. What I think is lame is that it's the biggest news out of E3.
      Last edited by DenverBlood; 06-16-2015, 10:47 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I'm a Final Fantasy fan. And I've played 7. Just never finished that one. Like I said my brothers played it religiously.

But I still think it's extremely lame that next gen is doing all these remakes/remastered.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think it's lame they are making them. And I get why fans would want to play them. What I think is lame is that it's the biggest news out of E3.
        Eh I think it depends on who you ask. I don't think it was the most intriguing thing in Sony conference. I would say the horizon game looked more interesting.

Microsoft had a couple females that made news with gears and the rare collection but recore and halo and tomb raider were big ones for me. Fallout 4 allowing mods is a nice touch and worth keeping am eye on. And gears 4 looked pretty good but that is still over a year away.

So really just depends what you are looking for. Remastered games are going to happen because they keep fans happy while they work on the next game.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Maybe if it was any other remake I could agree with you. But FFVII is probably the biggest remake of the last 20 years. It has been something the fans that played it religiously have been begging Squeenix for since the tech demo they teased when PS3 was being released.

This news is probably the biggest E3 news of the decade honestly.

The other thing that makes this news big is that Square Enix has been garbage for most of the last decade, the recent FF games have been ok, but they have lost their magic. For most the height of Squaresoft's magic was FFVII (I am partial to FFIX myself, but FFVII was still one of my favorite RPG's of all time) Most of us have been longing for an FF game that is even close to on par with FFVII since FFX. I think most are hoping that this is not only the return of good Final Fantasy games, but a rebirth of a genre of games since the J-RPG genre has somewhat diminished over the last few years.

To me, the Final Fantasy games haven't been the same since they moved to the new attack system that has been present from FFXI to current.
          Last edited by Freyaka; 06-16-2015, 11:32 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Maybe if it was any other remake I could agree with you. But FFVII is probably the biggest remake of the last 20 years. It has been something the fans that played it religiously have been begging Squeenix for since the tech demo they teased when PS3 was being released.

This news is probably the biggest E3 news of the decade honestly.

The other thing that makes this news big is that Square Enix has been garbage for most of the last decade, the recent FF games have been ok, but they have lost their magic. For most the height of Squaresoft's magic was FFVII (I am partial to FFIX myself, but FFVII was still one of my favorite RPG's of all time) Most of us have been longing for an FF game that is even close to on par with FFVII since FFX. I think most are hoping that this is not only the return of good Final Fantasy games, but a rebirth of a genre of games since the J-RPG genre has somewhat diminished over the last few years.

To me, the Final Fantasy games haven't been the same since they moved to the new attack system that has been present from FFXI to current.
            I get it. And honestly we already have a ton of information on Final Fantasy 15 anyways. So I'm not really sure what they could show at E3 that we don't already know.

I understand why others are excited and maybe I should just lay off it. I just personally would be more looking forward to 15. But I also don't have the same nostalgia and high standard of the series as others either. I haven't played all of them so I can't speak towards you're references of change. I just know I still enjoyed some of the more recents.

But honestly in the RPG genre FF and Skyrim are about the sum of my experience. So I don't have room to say what a great RPG should be. Just know the ones I liked.

I'm not getting a PS4 anytime soon anyway. So it doesn't bother me what kind of games they put out.

But for Microsoft I will be passing on 306 games unless they are free with gold. And I have been passing on remasters like GTA V and MCC.

I'm more looking forward to Arkham Knight and future new games.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              Eh I think it depends on who you ask. I don't think it was the most intriguing thing in Sony conference. I would say the horizon game looked more interesting.

Microsoft had a couple females that made news with gears and the rare collection but recore and halo and tomb raider were big ones for me. Fallout 4 allowing mods is a nice touch and worth keeping am eye on. And gears 4 looked pretty good but that is still over a year away.

So really just depends what you are looking for. Remastered games are going to happen because they keep fans happy while they work on the next game.
              I think the best thing out of the Sony conference was the media player. It's about time we can play MKV files.

Comment

Just got my gears beta code and I'm home in an hour so I will be able to redeem it soon yay

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Nothing too crazy from either side. I'm excited for Horizon on PS4 and obviously excited for the new Destiny expansion, although I don't think it deserved stage time.

I can't wait until I'm able to cancel my cable subscription and only pay for the channels I actually watch on Playstation Vue when it hits my market.

I was hoping I'd see some Bloodborne DLC or an unexpected announcement for the Last of Us 2.
                  WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

I get it. And honestly we already have a ton of information on Final Fantasy 15 anyways. So I'm not really sure what they could show at E3 that we don't already know.

I understand why others are excited and maybe I should just lay off it. I just personally would be more looking forward to 15. But I also don't have the same nostalgia and high standard of the series as others either. I haven't played all of them so I can't speak towards you're references of change. I just know I still enjoyed some of the more recents.

But honestly in the RPG genre FF and Skyrim are about the sum of my experience. So I don't have room to say what a great RPG should be. Just know the ones I liked.

I'm not getting a PS4 anytime soon anyway. So it doesn't bother me what kind of games they put out.

But for Microsoft I will be passing on 306 games unless they are free with gold. And I have been passing on remasters like GTA V and MCC.

I'm more looking forward to Arkham Knight and future new games.
                    I understand why you aren't excited about it and I get that, I'm just saying from the standpoint of hardcore FF fans this is massive.

If you never managed to beat it what that tells me is it was never something that captured your attention, for people like me who have played it many times, it is a game that has a huge amount of replayability. I could play it again even now, the thing that makes it difficult is the graphics were just horrible...They were fantastic for the time that it came out, but now in comparison to what we are used to it makes it kind of hard to get on board with.

I think what is different between you and I (and there is nothing at all wrong with it) is our RPG tastes. You mention FF and Skyrim being the sum of your experience. I grew up on RPG's, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Illusion of Gaia, FF 3-13, EarthBound, Breath of Fire, XenoGears, Vagrant Story, Wild Arms, Saga Frontier, Dark Cloud, Star Ocean, These are all great RPG's that fit (mostly, with a few exceptions) into the turn based J-RPG category. They were games I grew up with that sadly have just disappeared over the last decade. There have been a few Star Ocean games in the last 10-15 years and those were enjoyable, but the J-RPG games of the past have just disappeared for the most part to be replaced by games like Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect ect... None of those games are bad, they just take up a different subsection of the RPG category.

I totally get why this doesn't excite you, but for me as someone who has desperately missed this style of game, this is the best news I've heard all year!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh I loved Mario RPG as well. But the rest of the list I never touched.

When I was in high school I rarely played anything other than sports. At the time FF-VII became too hard for me at a certain point.

My tastes have changed a ton and I could most likely beat it now. But lost the interest to go back 20 years later.

So I guess I can't classify myself as a die hard fan just because I like the recent ones.

I completely understand the hype for a die hard FF fan. But I just didn't understand all the hype on IGN this morning from an average gamer perspective.

I agree it might appeal to me more with more footage of updated graphics though.
                      sigpic

Comment

When I was in high school I rarely played anything other than sports. At the time FF-VII became too hard for me at a certain point.

My tastes have changed a ton and I could most likely beat it now. But lost the interest to go back 20 years later.

So I guess I can't classify myself as a die hard fan just because I like the recent ones.

I completely understand the hype for a die hard FF fan. But I just didn't understand all the hype on IGN this morning from an average gamer perspective.

I agree it might appeal to me more with more footage of updated graphics though.
                        Yeah I get both sides of it. So after watching the whole presser while to me the most exciting thing is the FFVII remake announcement (I'll be honest I have beaten FFVII once a year every year since 1997) it is far from the most important thing that Sony announced from the console standpoint IMHO.

To me that honor actually should belong to Sony Vue. It is an amazing concept as long as they execute it correctly and get a lot of major networks on board. (For me HBO, NFLN, NFL RedZone, ESPN etc.)

The Last Guardian is something I was also ecstatic to see as I loved both Ico and Shadows of the Colossus, and then there was the Shenmue 3 thing which was a two fold piece of importance. First off the first 2 games were amazing so I am excited to see what they do; and second being that both Sony and SEGA basically saying hey you want it that bad you fund it to gamers. (It worked btw....) I checked at 10 AM they have already surpassed their $2,000,000 funding goal and that was less than 12 hours after it opened.

My guess is that Sony and SEGA were using KickStarter to see if it was a project worth backing and immediately got their answer. While $2,000,000 is nothing to shake a stick at it also wont fund the developement of a major AAA game which Shenmue 3 will probably end up being.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mario Maker on September 11th, Forza on September 15th, NFS on November 3rd (I'll hold off til Black Friday though) and Halo on October 27th... These are the big exciting games for me for the year Oh, plus backwards compatibility on the One, Playstations TV service providing ala carte channels, new controller for the One (albeit an expensive one...)
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I haven't looked at the Sony tv service details yet. So I don't know what channels are already on board.

So in stating that and saying this blindly I would be surprised if Sony could pull in deals with ESPN and NFLN if those two already have deals in place with Microsoft. But who knows.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dont know if it was mentioned but FF7 is a timed exclusive.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the newer ones either, they just really aren't my tastes.I want to like FFXIII but it is the first FF
                                game that I've never finished...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X