fallout 4!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
    Is it imperative to play the previous Fallout games in order to play this one or no?
    No, but you really should just because they are excellent games. If you've got a PC you can snag them cheap off steam.

So excited, I started installing it before I left, I'll be ready to enter the wasteland at 5pm when I get home!
    sigpic

Comment

I played a very little bit of one of the old one's, can't remember which one though ... maybe the Vegas one? and I wasn't really impressed. At that time I was more into Sports games and such so "shooters" didn't appeal to me.

is this game really classified as a shooter or is it more along the lines of say a game like Far Cry ... the whole scavenging/crafting business is kind of offputting for me, unless the game is just hands down amazing!
      sigpic

Comment

OOOOOOOH YEH !!!! haha picked it up this morning, instaling as i type.

I have class at 6 and i have a bunch of stuff to do for school, so i probably wont play til tonight after school tho
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I played a very little bit of one of the old one's, can't remember which one though ... maybe the Vegas one? and I wasn't really impressed. At that time I was more into Sports games and such so "shooters" didn't appeal to me.

is this game really classified as a shooter or is it more along the lines of say a game like Far Cry ... the whole scavenging/crafting business is kind of offputting for me, unless the game is just hands down amazing!
          More like far cry, but fallout really is his own thing. The only thing similar to far cry is the open open worrld and gunplay. Fallout is way more deep in it's rpg elements. The scavenging crafting is optional, you could get threw the game by just using stuff you buy or loot.

The game is sitting at 90 on metacriti right now and from what i see on reviews, streams and reddit, the game really is amazing. People are saying it's scary, horror and from what i saw there are elements of this.

I say it's definetly worth a pick up
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

It's more along the lines of Skyrim and Oblivion
            sigpic

Comment

It's more of a shooter with heavy RPG elements. You don't have to scavenge/craft, but you can get some cool stuff if you do.
              sigpic

Comment

Cool ..... I may go trade in some old games I have laying around and see what I get out of them, then maybe I'll pick it up. I was leaning towards Black Ops III but I'm going to hold off on getting that because I just don't feel it's strong enough outside of Zombies and Nightmare mode to warrant paying the full $60 pricetag!
                sigpic

Comment

Cool ..... I may go trade in some old games I have laying around and see what I get out of them, then maybe I'll pick it up. I was leaning towards Black Ops III but I'm going to hold off on getting that because I just don't feel it's strong enough outside of Zombies and Nightmare mode to warrant paying the full $60 pricetag!
                  And zombies just isn't the same without Cory, Sean and I.
                  sigpic

Comment

So between last night and the little I played today got to level 5 probably could have gotten further but I end up eating a lot of time in the customization part. Spent s good time looking at my weapon customization and than the settlement I wasted even more time.

Will say my first death I will remember lol. Should always look out when you are trying buttons out. I remember seeing that you could melee with your weapon and u thought it was rb. It was to bad I thought I was just standing in some random spot in an empty cave. Nope red barrel right at the bottom of my screen. Big boom blood everywhere I'm dead lol.

Had a couple deaths from trying to get use to the controls and how it plays.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Played like 1 hours today and now I am stuck in class till 9h30....

Gonna play a butload tonight
                      sigpic

Comment

God the customization is SOOOOOO good...My guy looks like a Hipster lol. This game is everything I hoped it would be.
                        sigpic

Comment

played a few hours last night and it was awesome i had a blast returning to the wasteland i pre ordered the pip boy edition and its pretty cool although its just a glorified phone holder but its still a nice collectors item.
                          im just being nit picky but there were a few things they took out that i noticed is that when you holster your weapon it no longer hangs on your body and the dialogue choices its no longer you choosing sentences of what you want to say but instead its like mass effects dialogue choices not a big deal but i liked seeing what my character was saying. overall a really fun game the power armor is like an Iron Man suit and i love it

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                            played a few hours last night and it was awesome i had a blast returning to the wasteland i pre ordered the pip boy edition and its pretty cool although its just a glorified phone holder but its still a nice collectors item.
                            im just being nit picky but there were a few things they took out that i noticed is that when you holster your weapon it no longer hangs on your body and the dialogue choices its no longer you choosing sentences of what you want to say but instead its like mass effects dialogue choices not a big deal but i liked seeing what my character was saying. overall a really fun game the power armor is like an Iron Man suit and i love it
                            Just needs longer battery life...Mine is basically a worthless pile of metal currently because I ran it dead and haven't taken the time to find a new battery.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Just needs longer battery life...Mine is basically a worthless pile of metal currently because I ran it dead and haven't taken the time to find a new battery.
                              Dang you must've been playing for a while im bummed the knobs dont do anything

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                                Dang you must've been playing for a while im bummed the knobs dont do anything
                                Few hours. I spent too much time sprinting and I also took far too much damage vs the boss fight when I got the suit, those probably factor into my quick battery drain.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X