Probably the wrong forum but - Scott Hastings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the wrong forum but - Scott Hastings

The details are not clear, but.........Scott Hastings is a big loss to 104.3 the fan........bad move. Irritated with ESPN - good gawd is Dan Patrick for what seems like days is annoying droning on about the personal lives of the idiots that are riding his coat tails . Our local sports coverage suffered a big hit..........Hastings is one of the good ones. But ask Irv and Joe about this station.
    Last edited by Peanut; 12-15-2015, 09:32 PM. Reason: Edited word.

What? Hastings got the boot? Unacceptable!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Hastings got fired?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

http://bsndenver.com/breaking-scott-...canned-by-fan/

South Stands Denver and BSN Denver have learned that Scott Hastings was let go today by 104.3 the Fan and Bonneville International, the media company that recently took over the station.

It sounds as though Sandy and Scott (mid day, noon-3) will just be Sandy and Sandy – at least for now.

No word as to whether or not Sandy Clough will be assigned a new co-host – nor are we sure whether or not certain that Hastings won’t remain on air temporarily. What we do know is that he was handed his walking papers and that others are likely to receive the same. Change is in the air at the Fan and listeners can be certain that the station will be looking to trim payroll.

It was recently announced that 105.5 ESPN radio will be leaving the airwaves altogether after January 3rd. Radio is a tough business. No doubt the new owners of the fan will do what they think they need to do to make the station profitable – even if it means bidding farewell to talent Denverites love to listen to. Hastings has been great at the Fan for many years.

Who will be the next big name to be let go? Stay tuned ….

**UPDATE** South Stands Denver has learned that Hastings will not be on air even temporarily. Sandy Cough will be solo beginning today, Tuesday December 15

Who wants to bet Dmac is next?
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

This pisses me off!!! Is that okay to say that without being infracted?

What the actual......you know what!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Wow they just let go of a brilliant sports mind but I don't believe Scott or any others on the station need to worry another local station will take notice and capitalize on this.

These guys are well regarded here in denver and will back on the air talking Denver sports soon!

Comment

Lets hope Dmac is next.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                Lets hope Dmac is next.
                Agreed. Send him back to Boston where he belongs. Guy was saying that Brady was a much better QB than Elway one time, and he is just annoying and arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by creed67 View Post
                  The details are not clear, but.........Scott Hastings is a big loss to 104.3 the fan........bad move. Irritated with ESPN - good gawd is Dan Patrick for what seems like days is annoying droning on about the personal lives of the idiots that are riding his coat tails . Our local sports coverage suffered a big hit..........Hastings is one of the good ones. But ask Irv and Joe about this station.
                  I hope your wrong, I love Scott Hastings. He was great on the Bronco telecasts when he had that. He's great as a nugget commentator. Seriously one of my all time favorite Denver Sports media people. He knows what he's talking about and often tells you something you didn't know.
                  If this is true someone made a big mistake.
                  Last edited by Peanut; 12-15-2015, 09:32 PM. Reason: Edited word in quote.

Comment

Originally posted by JBBronco1 View Post
                    Agreed. Send him back to Boston where he belongs. Guy was saying that Brady was a much better QB than Elway one time, and he is just annoying and arrogant.
                    Scott and Al were better radio than Dmac could ever hope to be with anyone.
                    Again, If this is true...kick Hastings to the curb but keep dmac? Stupid.
                    That's like firing Tom Jackson and hiring Skip Bayless to replace him.
                    Last edited by RunningWolf; 12-15-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hopefully Alfred Williams is next.

Comment

I don't post much, ever really. I've read and seen multiple fights on who should be QB and Couching controversies...but this pisses me off more then the Mcdumbass days...I want to know why Hastings is gone, 104.3 is dead to me now.
                        Lifelong Broncos fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Lets hope Dmac is next.
                          Hes really not that bad i think him and al fit together really well

Comment

Working...
                          X