No announcement yet.

Star Wars The Force Awakes [Warning: Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars The Force Awakes [Warning: Spoilers]

We've got the trailer thread to discuss non-spoilerly stuff. The movies been out for about, how about a thread where spoilers can be openly discussed?

Fair warning...All posts after this one will likely contain spoilers, you have been warned, anything you read is on you going forward.
    sigpic

I thought about doing this over the weekend and thought it might get deleted.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

Glad to finally get that Death Star explosion off my chest.
    sigpic

Comment

Can you believe that Darth is Luke's father!?
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

So Jar Jar is a Sith in this one.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood
          I thought about doing this over the weekend and thought it might get deleted.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

Glad to finally get that Death Star explosion off my chest.
          I mean if it's clearly stated that spoilers are going to be present...I really don't see any reason for deletion. Now if I were blatantly posting spoilers out in the open for all to see...ya... But anyone who comes in this thread has had more than enough fair warning.

I was really kinda ticked that someone PM'ed me the whole Han Solo/Ben Solo thing...But I thought it was really a great moment in the film. I hate seeing him go, but it really stressed just how much he loved his son and he went out in a very noble way trying to redeem his child.

I absolutely LOVE BB-8, he had so much humor and was a really great character over all, loved the scene with him rolling around in the Falcon on Jakku.

Speaking of the Falcon, I loved the way they went about revealing it. "That ship? It's garbage" other ship explodes "Garbage it is" such a great callback to when Luke first sees it in ANH.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23
            So Jar Jar is a Sith in this one.
            It's funny, there are theories now popping up that Jar Jar is actually Snoke.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka
              It's funny, there are theories now popping up that Jar Jar is actually Snoke.
              That is one of those theories that make me face palm. What Jar Jar got galactic space surgery to look like a Muun?
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23
                That is one of those theories that make me face palm. What Jar Jar got galactic space surgery to look like a Muun?
                Yea no idea...I like the idea that Snoke is Plaugis.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea no idea...I like the idea that Snoke is Plaugis.
                  It makes the most sense. Plagueis can revive himself, he can put himself into another beings body. It also might explain Snoke's scars. He has a jacked up jaw and a bit scar on his head. Could be from when Sidious "killed" him. Its also said that the moment Sidious "killed" Plaugeis, that he felt a weird feeling in the force and feared it was Plaugeis moving to another body. But after finding out Maul died, he assumed that the feeling he felt was Maul's death and just continued on.

The fact that Snoke also mentions he was around before the empire started and when it fell, also makes it being Plagueis make a lot of sense, and as I mentioned in the movie thread, one of the books have a cover where Plagueis is sitting in a chair similar to Snoke, with Sidious in front of him, similar to Kylo when he visits Snoke.

Its possible Snoke is just another strong Muun. But there has only been what one Muun force user ever? Someone told me Plaugeis father was also a force user, do I guess only 2 Muun's ever had force power.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

awesome! i wanted to discuss the movie, glad this thread was made!

to start off, i loved the movie for the most part and it had all the things you would expect in a starwars movie, almost too similar to episode IV at times IMO.

but i have a few questions.

who was the old guy at the beginning? i think i'm pretty knowledgeable about the starwars universe, at least when it comes to the movies, but i seriously couldn't figure out who he was.

also, the character rey has me confused as well. a lot wasn't explained about this character so maybe all the questions i'm about to ask get answered but..... why is she so awesome all of a sudden?

i don't care who we are talking about, ive never heard of a force sensitive being with absolutely no jedi or sith training able to wield the force like she did.

not only that but use a light saber for the first time and defeat a trained sith? (at least it appeared like he was well trained) what gives?

i mean it's clear she's more powerful than him but how does she know how to use the force so well if she has never been trained? or has she?

hope that gets answered because if it doesn't that isn't very consistent with every other jedi i have seen, even anakin "the chosen one" needed training before he had any clue how to use it.

thats not to mention how she seemed to know everything about everything LOL which i can accept because anakin and luke were kind of the same way and she could be related.

like i said, i just hope that gets explained because right now it just doesn't make much sense honestly. my favorite character was finn though i think, hope he is okay.

what the hell was luke doing just chilling there on an island? how did he get there? i'm sure that will get answered but that's odd to me as well.
                    Last edited by baphamet; 12-22-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

When it comes to Rey, depends on what you wanna believe. The theory I agree with, is that she is Luke's daughter, which also explains her power. Being of Skywalker blood would have untold power. She basically learned Kylo's mind manipulation while he was doing it. Showing that she's a visual learner. In her first with Kylo she wasn't skilled with the Saber, she basically just out smarted him and overwelled him with her force abilities. Since both would be of Skywalker blood, genetically speaking its possible Kylo has more Solo traits in him than Skywalker, and Rey has more Skywalker in her than who ever her mouth is, making her stronger. But this is only if its true that she is Luke's child.

Kylo is supposedly based off Jacen Solo aka Darth Ceadus(sp?).

Don't know anything about the old man. Its said that he was close to Leia and only refers to her has Princess.

Overall, any and everything is speculation, guesses, and assumptions until the next movie rolls out.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I mean if it's clearly stated that spoilers are going to be present...I really don't see any reason for deletion. Now if I were blatantly posting spoilers out in the open for all to see...ya... But anyone who comes in this thread has had more than enough fair warning.

I was really kinda ticked that someone PM'ed me the whole Han Solo/Ben Solo thing...But I thought it was really a great moment in the film. I hate seeing him go, but it really stressed just how much he loved his son and he went out in a very noble way trying to redeem his child.

I absolutely LOVE BB-8, he had so much humor and was a really great character over all, loved the scene with him rolling around in the Falcon on Jakku.

Speaking of the Falcon, I loved the way they went about revealing it. "That ship? It's garbage" other ship explodes "Garbage it is" such a great callback to when Luke first sees it in ANH.
                        Yeah I completely agree with you on a thread titled with spoilers included.

Just saying I've never seen so much minds lost over a movie before. It all started last Sunday. It's been crazy. Normally can't go 30 minutes on a Sunday night without TWD spoilers but let someone talk about this movie before New Years on social media and they'll face the executioner
                        sigpic

Comment

I had fanboy tears streaming down cheek when Rey was slinging the Falcon around....
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Alright i just finally saw the movie and i must say i LOOVED it damn it was good.

I squealed like a little girl when the main them came on haha

loved everything about it , the chemistry between finn and Rey was great. They both did a great job, the sceen when Fin unloads on captain Phasma had me rolling

The humour was unexpected but great, BB8 is AWESOME, the thumbs up gag was great. I think Finn was my favorite tho he had so many good one liner : you have a boyfriend, a cute boyfriend ?

Now i kinda agree that it was weird how Rey suddenly became able to easily use he force power, but if she is Luke's daughter or Kylo Ren's sister it kinda makes sense that she is that powerful. I loved how she handle Ren at the end, she even looked mad, using her anger ala Luke in Return.

I wonder about the visions she had, where they future or past ?

And that final sceen with luke was great, he looked BAD ASS, i was hoping he would force pull the saber and open it.

My guess is episode 8 will involve him training Rey and Ren finishing his training get treated by Snoke, but that's about it the rest is wide open and i love it.
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Also people really suck...

We had a bunch of stupid kids pointing a laser at the screen the whole movie.....
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎