Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix "Making a Murderer" - **Spoilers**

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Good documentary...very sensationalized story. I enjoyed it but go irked when the obvious slants to the story were being worked.

    That being said the one deputy lenk I believe. Creeped me out. And the non answer to why the other one ran that plate when he did.
    They pretty much dodged every question with I dunno, not sure type answers anytime the defense asked them a damning question.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      haven't read this thread due to spoilers but i just want to say i'm on like the 6th or 7th episode and im all in.....interest level about 110%
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Good documentary...very sensationalized story. I enjoyed it but go irked when the obvious slants to the story were being worked.

        That being said the one deputy lenk I believe. Creeped me out. And the non answer to why the other one ran that plate when he did.
        Yeah, that was ridiculous, and he says no she said 99 Toyota, and then they play it back and he clearly says it before 2 days before the vehicle was found and then no explanation! While I was watching I told my wife who is a Paralegal you gotta watch this then after the last episode I was like don't watch it you will just be angry, sad, frustrated, and wondering what really happened!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          haven't read this thread due to spoilers but i just want to say i'm on like the 6th or 7th episode and im all in.....interest level about 110%
          I though I was gonna watch 1 episode at around 9pm one night and then realized it was 3 am and realized I watched 6 in a row.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            Yeah, that was ridiculous, and he says no she said 99 Toyota, and then they play it back and he clearly says it before 2 days before the vehicle was found and then no explanation! While I was watching I told my wife who is a Paralegal you gotta watch this then after the last episode I was like don't watch it you will just be angry, sad, frustrated, and wondering what really happened!
            Exactly! Why did they get away with just shrugging their shoulders and saying "I dunno" all the time? And how do they get to sit there and say how ONLY ONE PERSON killed her, and then turn around and also put the nephew on trial? Soooo shady.

            And I cannot get over the lack of blood. Does ANYTHING else really matter when there is no blood anywhere? It's just ridiculous.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              haven't read this thread due to spoilers but i just want to say i'm on like the 6th or 7th episode and im all in.....interest level about 110%
              Wait till the last 2 episodes...You'll be so pissed you could spit and it won't make a dang difference.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                its a great, addicting show. one sided? yes. but still very good.
                i actually find it just as interesting reading through some of the transcripts and stuff that they left out of the show.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  finally finished it, it was a good show but as others have said very one sided, i'm not 100% sure if he is innocent or not but one thing is for sure, i don't trust any of those cops or that FBI agent or their testimonies.

                  i mean that prosecutor can say they left stuff out but they still never explained how that cop knew the licence plate number, make, and model of the vehicle days before it was even found.

                  to me that's damn near a smoking gun as far as the police being involved.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    read this theory this morning, seems plausible.
                    The police didn't kill Theresa Halbach. Andrew Colborn located that RAV4 with the assistance of Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas who illegally trespassed onto the Avery Salvage Yard on the night of November 3rd 2005. Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas suspected something was up since the Avery Salvage Yard was the last place they knew Theresa visited on Oct.31st Halloween day. They went snooping on the property and found the car.

                    They checked the car and found the key in the ignition and blood in the cargo area. Mike or Ryan removed the key from the ignition to ensure that no one could easily move the car off of the Avery property... freaked out about this huge discovery they call the Manitowoc Sheriffs Department. Andrew Colborn fielded the call that night and went out and met Ryan and Mike at the Salvage Yard so he could view the car for himself. Ryan and Mike show him the car and to be certain its Halbachs he "calls" in the plate number to dispatch. Colborn has to "call" in... instead of "radio" in... the plate number to Manitowoc dispatch because he wasn't in his police cruiser at the moment, but rather on foot and in the "field' on the Avery Salvage property.

                    This mistake places Colborn at the scene and in contact with Halbachs RAV4... 2 days before it is officially located on November 5th, 2005, by Pam Sturm.... This is problematic for Colborn because all call and radio transmissions to dispatch are recorded and logged onto the Manitowoc Police server. Andrew Colborn is now operating outside of police protocol at a potential crime scene that he has no official directive to be at. He tells Mike Halbach and Ryan Hillegas to basically STFU about what they found and not mention to anyone that they were ever on the Avery Salvage property that night. Ryan or Mike turns the RAV4 key over to Andrew Colborn.

                    Mike and Ryan are told to go home. Andrew Colborn then immediately calls Lt. James Lenk and briefs him about the discovery of the Halbach car and breaches of protocol he committed on the Avery property, also about Ryan Hillegas and Mike Halbach being there. Lt James Lenk realizing that Colborn's calling in Halbachs plate is a serious mistake with potential consequences orders Andrew Colborn to remove the license plate from Halbach's car and then report to him immediately.

                    What James Lenk and Andrew Colborn, or the others for that matter, don't realize at this point and are completely unaware of is that Bobby Dassey and Scott Tadych have kidnapped, raped, shot and then burned Theresa Halbach in the privacy of the gravel quarry off of Jambo Rd on Halloween evening. They choose to burn her body to dispose of their DNA evidence of the crimes. They hid Halbach's car in the rear of Avery Salvage and wiped it clean of their prints.

                    I believe it is Scott Tadych's idea to secretly transport the cremains of Halbach from the gravel quarry and dispose them into Steven Avery's burn pit. Scott Tadych transports Halbach's cremains in secret by using one of Barb Jandas burn barrels from her yard. Scott Tadych fails to collect all of Halbach's cremains from the original burn site in the gravel quarry, thus leaving some behind that FBI investigators later find... but he also fails in making certain all of Halbach's cremains are out of Barb Jandas burn barrel after dumping them into Steven Avery's burn pit.

                    This is why investigators found small bits of Halbach in Barb Jandas burn barrel. Thus making a total of three sites where Halbach's cremains are found. Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey are unaware that Ryan Hillegas and Mike Halbach have found Theresas car on the property and that Lenk and Colborn are now involved and in play with their scheme. .........By shear colossal luck, two completely independent frame jobs targeting one man, Steven Avery were shaping up into the perfect storm. On one front, from Lenk and Colborn regarding the RAV4, ....and on the other unconnected front by Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey regarding the cremains of Theresa Halbach. One party wasn't aware of the other's involvements at any point during the days leading up to the official discovery of Halbach's RAV4 at the Avery Salvage Yard hence why the investigation and murder trial made zero sense to anyone especially the Jury.

                    None of the evidence could be connected because it was all unrelated... everybody was guessing. But Buting and Strang had zeroed in on a part of it but couldn't fully form a solid defense to prove it. The Jury couldn't conceive that Manitowoc officers could have conspired to kill Theresa Halbach to frame Steven Avery as Ken Kratz insisted they had to if they wanted to follow the theory the defense presented of the frame up of Steven Avery by Manitowoc officials.

                    And Ken Kratz was right... Imagine Scott Tadych's confused and utter relief when Steve Avery's blood was found in the Halbach car and the RAV4 key found in Steve Avery's bedroom..... he must have been like.... WTF?! A quote from Scott Tadych after Steven Avery is convicted of Theresa Halbach's murder.... "THIS IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN" ..... We will see Scott, we will see....................."
                    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/0...n_9048104.html
                    sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      That is plausible but it sure would take a lot of working parts to happen.

                      My theory, which is all it is, is that there was a case to be made, and someone tried to make it a "better" case, thus muddying the waters.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've pretty much read all of the "theories" that are floating around the internet and while I cannot come to a conclusion on who I believe is responsible for killing Halbach, I can certainly tell you that Avery and Dassey are as guilty as Good Charlotte is Punk Rock!

                        if you're not aware, Good Charlotte is NOT Punk Rock by any means :-)

                        The one thing that most people can agree upon is that based on the confession Dassey gave as to how this "murder" was commited, there was no evidence to support that theory and that is the injustice in the story. These two guys are spending their lives rotting away in jail or a crime that doesn't fit ... even when you include the pieces that were left out of the doc-series.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                          I've pretty much read all of the "theories" that are floating around the internet and while I cannot come to a conclusion on who I believe is responsible for killing Halbach, I can certainly tell you that Avery and Dassey are as guilty as Good Charlotte is Punk Rock!

                          if you're not aware, Good Charlotte is NOT Punk Rock by any means :-)

                          The one thing that most people can agree upon is that based on the confession Dassey gave as to how this "murder" was commited, there was no evidence to support that theory and that is the injustice in the story. These two guys are spending their lives rotting away in jail or a crime that doesn't fit ... even when you include the pieces that were left out of the doc-series.
                          Ehh, I dont know how anyone can conclusively say that they didnt commit the murder. It paints a whole new picture If you read the transcripts of Brendens confessions-he offers up a lot of info that wasn't coerced out of him.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            Ehh, I dont know how anyone can conclusively say that they didnt commit the murder. It paints a whole new picture If you read the transcripts of Brendens confessions-he offers up a lot of info that wasn't coerced out of him.
                            A lot of info with no evidence to back it up though, that's the thing I cannot get past in this whole story .... there was absolutely no evidence to back up any of his confessions. To me it sounds like a disturbed, mentally ill child who conjured up these stories in his head.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                              A lot of info with no evidence to back it up though, that's the thing I cannot get past in this whole story .... there was absolutely no evidence to back up any of his confessions. To me it sounds like a disturbed, mentally ill child who conjured up these stories in his head.
                              Go look through the case files on reddit. He offered up that Avery put her in the back of the car, and then decided to take her out and burn her, which is consistent with the blood in the back of the vehicle.

                              I think there is just as good a chance that they did it.

                              I think no matter who killed her, we can all agree that the police were extremely corrupt and the justice system is all out of whack
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                That is plausible but it sure would take a lot of working parts to happen.

                                My theory, which is all it is, is that there was a case to be made, and someone tried to make it a "better" case, thus muddying the waters.
                                I completely agree
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X