Netflix "Making a Murderer" - **Spoilers**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Go look through the case files on reddit. He offered up that Avery put her in the back of the car, and then decided to take her out and burn her, which is consistent with the blood in the back of the vehicle.

I think there is just as good a chance that they did it.

I think no matter who killed her, we can all agree that the police were extremely corrupt and the justice system is all out of whack
    right but he also says she was held captive, raped, beaten, stabbed, throat slit and shot in the head .... with no evidence to solidify that confession at all.

The other thing that has crossed my mind is that maybe ... maybe ... Brendan was involved and does know some of these details because it was his brother and "step-dad" that did it and he helped them by implicating Steven.

There was just too much reasonable doubt presented in the case to convict either of them for the crime, which is a travesty and as you said just shows how screwed up the system is!

Yet ... Casey Anthony can murder her child and have mounds of evidence stacked against her ... and walk free!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
      right but he also says she was held captive, raped, beaten, stabbed, throat slit and shot in the head .... with no evidence to solidify that confession at all.

The other thing that has crossed my mind is that maybe ... maybe ... Brendan was involved and does know some of these details because it was his brother and "step-dad" that did it and he helped them by implicating Steven.

There was just too much reasonable doubt presented in the case to convict either of them for the crime, which is a travesty and as you said just shows how screwed up the system is!

Yet ... Casey Anthony can murder her child and have mounds of evidence stacked against her ... and walk free!!!!
      There is one piece of evidence that they left out of the documentary and its that they found a bunch of bleach on the pants Brendan was wearing that night. In one of his confessions he said that him and SA cleaned up the garage with bleach.

I dont know, the whole case is so wacky i dont think anyone will ever know.
      sigpic

Comment

There is one piece of evidence that they left out of the documentary and its that they found a bunch of bleach on the pants Brendan was wearing that night. In one of his confessions he said that him and SA cleaned up the garage with bleach.

Yes, but no signs of bleach were ever found in the garage. Not only that, but they've found his DNA in the garage, if it had been cleaned with bleach they would not find anyone's DNA. No shred of her DNA was found in the garage aside from the magic bullet.
        sigpic

Comment

Bleach doesn't clean as well as some might think..... It could easily still be there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Yes, but no signs of bleach were ever found in the garage. Not only that, but they've found his DNA in the garage, if it had been cleaned with bleach they would not find anyone's DNA. No shred of her DNA was found in the garage aside from the magic bullet.
            Yep exactly, the bleach would have removed any DNA evidence from the garage including Steven's and they found plenty of his DNA in that garage.

they also didn't find any of Halbach's DNA inside the trailer either and that is where she was supposedly held captive, raped, beaten and had her throat slit.

It's just all to strange, in the end I truly believe Steven is innocent. If he isn't, and he commited the crime then he is a criminal mastermind because he did a bang up job of cleaning the trail. Anyone with 3/4 of a brain could tell you that guy is not a "mastermind" by any means and there is no way a crime scene as gruesom as what was explained could have been cleaned as thoroughly as that scene was .... unless Dexter was on the job!!! :-)
            sigpic

Comment

And you know what else? It's sad to me that her family is so brainwashed that they cannot see the GIGANTIC holes in this case, because the real killer(s) is still out there somewhere.

Comment

Bleach will degrade the DNA but not eliminate it unless the concentration is high enough. Standard home bleach is not concentrated enough to do that.
                sigpic

Comment

Yep exactly, the bleach would have removed any DNA evidence from the garage including Steven's and they found plenty of his DNA in that garage.

they also didn't find any of Halbach's DNA inside the trailer either and that is where she was supposedly held captive, raped, beaten and had her throat slit.

It's just all to strange, in the end I truly believe Steven is innocent. If he isn't, and he commited the crime then he is a criminal mastermind because he did a bang up job of cleaning the trail. Anyone with 3/4 of a brain could tell you that guy is not a "mastermind" by any means and there is no way a crime scene as gruesom as what was explained could have been cleaned as thoroughly as that scene was .... unless Dexter was on the job!!! :-)

Thats absolutely false. Bleach will not remove all traces of DNA by itself.
                  sigpic

Comment

They also left out that in 2004 SA was being investigated for sexual assault and that Brendan confessed to his mom that Steven had touched him inappropriately.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats absolutely false. Bleach will not remove all traces of DNA by itself.
                      if that's the case then they surely would have found more DNA evidence in the garage ... which just wasn't there.

They also left out that in 2004 SA was being investigated for sexual assault and that Brendan confessed to his mom that Steven had touched him inappropriately.
                      I'm not sure those offer any relevancy to this case in particular but there is no doubt that Steven is not the most upstanding citizen by any means. I mean he did douse a cat in gasoline and toss it into a fire at some point in his life. I understand these other instances tend to be entered as evidence of the persons character but Steven was not on trial for being a bad person ... he was on trial for murder.
                      sigpic

Comment

if that's the case then they surely would have found more DNA evidence in the garage ... which just wasn't there.

I'm not sure those offer any relevancy to this case in particular but there is no doubt that Steven is not the most upstanding citizen by any means. I mean he did douse a cat in gasoline and toss it into a fire at some point in his life. I understand these other instances tend to be entered as evidence of the persons character but Steven was not on trial for being a bad person ... he was on trial for murder.

Not relevant to this case, but it does show that its not so far fetched that he would take things a step further.

I mean, Brendan told his mom in a recorded conversation that Steven had touched him. He was being investigated for sexual assault on a female family member in 2004. He allegedly raped a 41 year old woman after he got out of prison. He once opened the door for Halbach wearing nothing but a towel over his waist. In the documentary his cousin said that he would touch himself outside the house, and he ran her off the road and pointed a gun at her and threatened her. He told his then wife that he was going to kill her, numerous times. His ex Jodi, who was in the documentary, recently came out and said he was an abusive monster. Brendan said that he threatened him as well. And, the fact that he doused a living animal in gasoline and has shown violence towards women, points to certain traits of a sociopath. And the fact that he did it with fire. Maybe he has a thing for it.

Again, the whole trial and investigation was bunk. But the more I read, the more i feel like this guy is guilty.
                        Last edited by VenomousDB; 01-22-2016, 02:07 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not relevant to this case, but it does show that its not so far fetched that he would take things a step further.

I mean, Brendan told his mom in a recorded conversation that Steven had touched him. He was being investigated for sexual assault on a female family member in 2004. He allegedly raped a 41 year old woman after he got out of prison. He once opened the door for Halbach wearing nothing but a towel over his waist. In the documentary his cousin said that he would touch himself outside the house, and he ran her off the road and pointed a gun at her and threatened her. He told his then wife that he was going to kill her, numerous times. His ex Jodi, who was in the documentary, recently came out and said he was an abusive monster. Brendan said that he threatened him as well. And, the fact that he doused a living animal in gasoline and has shown violence towards women, points to certain traits of a sociopath. And the fact that he did it with fire. Maybe he has a thing for it.

Again, the whole trial and investigation was bunk. But the more I read, the more i feel like this guy is guilty.

So maybe he really did it, the cops were right, but just did all that shady illegal stuff to make the conviction stand? I can believe that.

They certainly don't know how he really did it, because no way he did what Brendan said in that trailer. There would be blood.

What a crazy case

Comment

I thought they did find his DNA. Because remember his lawyer was stoked when he found that blood sample. When they looked at it, the seal was broken and the rubber cork top to the test tube clearly had a pierce mark in it.
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

really sucks he gave up millions for a measley 220k settlement too. AND lost the case
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

So, Im going to say something contrary to everything I just said and thats that his brother and that Scott Tadyck guy were acting very suspicious during the entire thing. Tadyck changed his story up at one point and his timeline was all messed up. And SA's brother was found hiding under a mattress when the police showed up to search the property. Maybe they were all in on it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X