24 getting rebooted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    It's noticeable that the budget was pretty tight. CGI scenes look really low budget.
    Flowing blood is also computer animated.
    Really? I've thought the show looks pretty on par with the usual for 24.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Really? I've thought the show looks pretty on par with the usual for 24.
      The show it self is on par, just saying the budget is obvious since they used computer animated blood. In previous seasons they used fake blood like most shows do, not computer generated. The scenes where people are bleeding looks silly and way way obviously fake.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        The show it self is on par, just saying the budget is obvious since they used computer animated blood. In previous seasons they used fake blood like most shows do, not computer generated. The scenes where people are bleeding looks silly and way way obviously fake.
        Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.
        sigpic

Comment

So I wasn't too happy with the finale at all and really the season as a whole.

I feel like the whole rushed compact 12 hours was very noticeable in the writing.

The bad guys were all over the place and jumped from one to the next way more often than usual. It's never the same bad guy all season but this season was almost like a cop show with a new story each week. I count at least 4 different ones with the first woman with the drones, then temporarily Chloes hacker boss, then the Russians and the Chinese.

I am also completely burned out on this cliche ending to every season now where Jack is either on the run from the U.S. government or being sent into a foreign government to be tortured. Is it really that hard for just one season to have him be the U.S. hero at the end of the season again? Someone else like Chloe could be the tortured prisoner disappearing at the end of the season rather than Jack every time. It's really old.
          sigpic

Comment

I think the season was alright. Not as good as the others, but how could it? I mean you can't really do much with the 24 series in a compacted 12hr mini series. There is bound to be issues with character development and writing when your idea in compacted and not as open as it usually is.

It would've been nice for Jack to ride off into the sunset as a hero. But I think the ending fits Jack's mental start after Audrey's death. He blames himself for it and was gonna off himself the moment he was told she's dead.

So he's dead inside already, might as well get tortured or killed in Russia. At the same time, it does leave the door open for another season...a continuation of this season, or a movie.

Neither is needed, but I think that's why they went with the ending that have instead of just having Jack die or ending it with him going home to Kim and being known as the hero he is.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

24 getting rebooted

It's been reported and confirmed that 24 will be getting rebooted and will not feature the original cast, including Kiefer. It will not have Jack Bauer at all. Not sure if he'll be mentioned or not, or if it takes place after the last mini season of 24. It's being reported as a reboot, but might end up being a spinoff/sequel kind of series.

24: Legacy is what it's being called, Fox has said real-time, fast-paced format with split screens and with each episode representing one hour of an eventful day will return. So the original format will be with the series.

The plot is will revolve around a military hero's return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back. This leads the show's new hero to ask CTU to save his life and stop a large scale terrorist attack in America.

For being a huge fan of the original, I'm gonna check it out. But I don't expect it to be as good as the original. Mainly because the original is a marvel in TV history and is considered one of the greatest shows of all time. So any reboot or spinoff just won't be able to fill in those huge pants.

But we all know every inch of it will be compared to the original and it might be viewed as bad because of that.

I am gonna view as a new show with no ties to the original other than having the same name.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I love me some 24 but no Jack Bauer?

No thank you.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X