Brandon Sanderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I find the idea of Syl being a cheerleader on the headboard rather humorous.
    Yeah that whole interaction in that chapter was great. The flashback was great seeing the difference between than and now. And the final chapter leaving with the glorious cliffhanger with there being another radiant.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Yeah that whole interaction in that chapter was great. The flashback was great seeing the difference between than and now. And the final chapter leaving with the glorious cliffhanger with there being another radiant.
      The "secret weapon" is obviously Szeth's Honorblade.
      sigpic

Comment

• Mid way through re-read of WoR. I forgot about Gaz's redemption, I'm actually pretty happy he did get a second shot, he was always a worm, but he was a somehow likable worm.
        sigpic

Comment

Mid way through re-read of WoR. I forgot about Gaz's redemption, I'm actually pretty happy he did get a second shot, he was always a worm, but he was a somehow likable worm.
          Yeah that's good to see. I'm about the same point in the reread and just seeing the changes that have occurred in characters have been good to see.

Reading the third book at the same time as the reread rally shows the change. And knowing me I will probably reread the first part that I've already read of the third book.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            I've read all the Reckoners books (aimed at teens I think but both myself and my wife enjoyed them), all of the Mistborn books, The Way of the Kings, Words of Radiance, Elantris, and The Emperor's Soul.

I really enjoy his writing though I've never read any of the WOT.
            The Wheel of time is where I first got a taste of Sanderson. It was really good for about 5 books. The sixth book, you have to get the audiobook or you will be bored to tears, then it starts picking back up and then the books that Sanderson finishes for him are awesome.

It's a very good series IMO.
            sigpic

Comment

• So this weeks preview chapters were disappointingly short...
              sigpic

Comment

• Just got to the first battle between Kal and the assassin in white. I wonder if Hobber will be able to heal his legs like Loepen did his arm since he's one of Kal's Squires.
                sigpic

Comment

Just got to the first battle between Kal and the assassin in white. I wonder if Hobber will be able to heal his legs like Loepen did his arm since he's one of Kal's Squires.
                  I just finished words except for one chapter. Skipped the lift chapter and will read that before gong into edge dancer.

But I agree the chapters were pretty sorry and not a whole lot of new things but remember no mating no mating lol

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

I just finished words except for one chapter. Skipped the lift chapter and will read that before gong into edge dancer.

But I agree the chapters were pretty sorry and not a whole lot of new things but remember no mating no mating lol
                    Yea, I liked the Shallan chapters, though they didn't add a lot of substance. The Kaladin chapter was just a tease... I really want another Dalinor chapter.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Oathbringer preview chapters spoilers ahead

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      Yea, I liked the Shallan chapters, though they didn't add a lot of substance. The Kaladin chapter was just a tease... I really want another Dalinor chapter.
                      I'm going to guess we will get 2 Dalinar chapters next week with one of those being a flashback. And the third one not sure. Hopefully Kaladin's but I could see aldolin getting one.

And I could see Shallan situation being what leads her to the next words she will speak finding what is the true her because I'm going to guess that brightness radiant and veil aren't going to be the only 2 versions she is going to have.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

• For some reason, on this most recent read through, I feel like there is an order of the knights radiant still out there that didn't disband and is still secretly in operation.
                        sigpic

Comment

For some reason, on this most recent read through, I feel like there is an order of the knights radiant still out there that didn't disband and is still secretly in operation.
                          I would say the closes would be the sky breakers lead by Nalan. But I believe he is broken so they aren't operating like they should be. Plus you get a littler more info on him during the edge dancer novella

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

I would say the closes would be the sky breakers lead by Nalan. But I believe he is broken so they aren't operating like they should be. Plus you get a littler more info on him during the edge dancer novella
                            So basically, I need to finish this book and checkout edgedancer.
                            sigpic

Comment

So basically, I need to finish this book and checkout edgedancer.
                              Yeah I would recommend that. It is just over 100 pages and shows lift developing plus "darkness". Currently rereading it now than to wait till November to read the third book.

Probably catch up on dc rebirth comics to fill the gap maybe a Dresden file book of need be. Plus all the Tuesday releases

Plus edgedancer comes out on the 17th of you are looking for the stand alone copy.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

• Oathbringer spoilers ahead

So Dalinar wife reveal at the end was an interesting reveal. Guessing it had to do with getting remarried would be my guess. And watching his past catch up to him making it hard to unite them all will be something to look forward to.

Kaladin's chapter and the setting of being a slave is building into a nice building block of the parshmen. And his story slowing building to something with that void spren should be fun.

And Shallan chapter was a fun read with her getting drunk and het slowly shifting into veil. And a copy cat murderer on the loose that can copy a previous kill exactly will be interesting to see who it end up being. I wonder if it is a void spren in their numbers or could it be a radiant doing it without knowing what they are doing. Like trapped in a vision seeing the murder done but they are actually doing it real life.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X