• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Amazing. That is all
    I'm midway through part three.
    sigpic

Comment

• Haha! Vatha is a Squire, I guess that answers that question. Here soon, we'll have Gaz sucking in stormlight. Wonder if it'll fix his busted eye (I'm guessing so)

That brings to mind an interesting question. The Stormfather revealed that there can only ever be 3 Bondsmiths because there are only three spren to bond. I wonder if Bondsmiths can have squires as well?
      sigpic

Comment

• Ok so, I'm now midway through the battle for Kohlinar. There are two new theories that I have. After listening to Shallan and Witt's story of the little girl and thinking about it in a new light. I think that the point of that story is that the humans were in darkness (without stormlight) and one little girl went out into the world and stole the stormlight by bonding a spren. This left the Parsh (the natural inhabitants of Roshar) unable to bond the spren of honor and cultivation, so they bonded odium spren instead. I could be wrong on this, but the fused are clearly surgebinders, just a twisted surgebinder.

Azure has got to be Vivenna. She made one comment about how it was going to be crimson doing something. Color based curses are from the warbreaker world. That sword she has must be one like nightblood.
        sigpic

Comment

• Moash...You storming kremling!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Moash...You storming kremling!
            But wait there's more... 2 whole more parts. I will say part 4 seemed a little slow to me but part 5 is the avalanche

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

But wait there's more... 2 whole more parts. I will say part 4 seemed a little slow to me but part 5 is the avalanche
              There are five parts? Heck, I thought I was very nearly done.
              sigpic

Comment

There are five parts? Heck, I thought I was very nearly done.
                Yeah part 5 isn't very many chapters but provably some of the longest chapters. I think one of the chapters was like 46 pages and the point of view jumps all over the place.

And that Moash scene that makes it so much more painful is that slip of paper Elk was holding was by my guess that picture Shallan drew of him. Twice now she had drawn someone better than they are just to die.

As far as azure you get more on her in part 4.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Yeah part 5 isn't very many chapters but provably some of the longest chapters. I think one of the chapters was like 46 pages and the point of view jumps all over the place.

And that Moash scene that makes it so much more painful is that slip of paper Elk was holding was by my guess that picture Shallan drew of him. Twice now she had drawn someone better than they are just to die.

As far as azure you get more on her in part 4.
                  Yea, the group is in shadesmar now. I'm guessing I'll be finished sometime tomorrow afternoon if I don't finish it up this afternoon.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The deeper we get into shadesmar, the more I hope Adolin revives his sword and becomes radiant. I think it's going to happen, just not in this book.
                    sigpic

Comment

• HA! I was right...sorta. Just finished part 4 and the final interludes. Still working on Part 5.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I haven't finished yet... I'm not sure who the heck was chopping onions in my room when going over the line "I will defend those who I hate, even if the person I hate the most is myself"
                        sigpic

Comment

I haven't finished yet... I'm not sure who the heck was chopping onions in my room when going over the line "I will defend those who I hate, even if the person I hate the most is myself"
                          Those dang onion cutters pop up a few times while reading this book. Don't know why they couldn't find somewhere else to cut those dang things.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• I enjoyed Renarin's arc at the end (though still not quite finished) but I really want to know what the crap is up with his spren. it's obviously of Odium, but not bad?
                            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed Renarin's arc at the end (though still not quite finished) but I really want to know what the crap is up with his spren. it's obviously of Odium, but not bad?
                              Yeah pretty sure it is of Odium or at least a corrupted spren which makes me think he isn't a truth watcher and would be why he can't do the illumination surge.

Plus I don't think the spren are necessary good or evil even after being corrupted. I think it just comes down to intent.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Yeah pretty sure it is of Odium or at least a corrupted spren which makes me think he isn't a truth watcher and would be why he can't do the illumination surge.

Plus I don't think the spren are necessary good or evil even after being corrupted. I think it just comes down to intent.
                                Shallan said his spren was one corrupted by Sja-Anat so it's not a void spren, it's been corrupted by an unmade. If she really does end up switching sides, this could be relevant to Renarin's story later. Finally finished it up this afternoon. And now we wait.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X