11/22/63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/22/63

I'm not sure if anybody ever posted about this, so I figured I would. Please tell me somebody has read the book because I really want to talk about it and I haven't found a single person I know that has. Or is anyone as excited about the mini-series as I am????

By the way, I thought it was pretty cool to see that they sell this book in the gift shop at the 6th floor museum in dealey plaza. If anyone visits (or lives in or near) Dallas I highly recommend to go to the museum. It's at the book depository that Oswald was at.
    sigpic
    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

I read it when it came out, so the memory is a wee foggy. But I enjoyed it.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I'm a huge King fan ... I've read it. It's probably been about two years, but I remember it....

I'll admit I had no idea there was a mini-series til I just read it here, got all excited then saw it's on Hulu.... I don't have Hulu .... but could see myself subscribing for it.

I'll watch about any King mini-series they make... was a huge fan of "under the dome" .... might just have to get Hulu.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Haven't read it completely (nor watched the series); but, it's an interesting treatise (as if anything by King could be otherwise) on the age-old question of what would happen to the present if the past could be changed? Theories have been everything from "it can't be done" to "nothing would happen to the current timeline; a new, alternate timeline would be created from that point onward." I think King is the first to postulate that the change would NOT necessarily be for the good. Sort of on the order of "sometimes bad things MUST happen to make achieving good things possible."
        Last edited by Grandpa; 02-23-2016, 06:31 AM.
        --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Yeah... kinda sad it's on Hulu.

Comment

If you got to a point in your life where there nothing holding you here, and you fell in love with someone from another period of time, would you travel back and live out your days with that person?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
              If you got to a point in your life where there nothing holding you here, and you fell in love with someone from another period of time, would you travel back and live out your days with that person?
              Depends on HOW FAR back in time it would be. Making a fire by rubbing two sticks together? Okay; I know how to do that, so we would be able to cook our food. Making a fire by wandering around looking for a tree set on fire by a lightning strike? Nope; she'll just have to get along without me.

Comment

Well... we're supposed to say something about how love conquers all and all of that jazz.... but yeah... I'd go back in time for her.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  Well... we're supposed to say something about how love conquers all and all of that jazz.... but yeah... I'd go back in time for her.
                  That was one of my favorite things about the book, was him getting hooked on someone from another time. I would go back too if I found the one in another time ...
                  sigpic

Comment

That was one of my favorite things about the book, was him getting hooked on someone from another time. I would go back too if I found the one in another time ...
                    Okay, serious answer time now. It would take a lot of soul searching (for me, anyway). To put it in perspective, I have two wonderful, grown daughters, one which has given me a talented granddaughter and a tough/survivor-type grandson. If going back would mean giving up what I have now, never to be recoup'd, then no. I couldn't do it, no matter how perfectly a soul-mate she might be. It wouldn't be worth negating what I have now. One of those "my happiness is NOT worth the loss of four others that are so much a part of me" kinda things.

On the other hand, working on the premise that there's nothing to hold me here and meeting that person happened BEFORE all the good things that happened in this life/this timeline, sure ... no este problemo, I'm outta here before anyone can blink an eye.
                    Last edited by Grandpa; 02-24-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X