No announcement yet.

Why even bother winning the Super Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why even bother winning the Super Bowl?

Ugh, just checked Madden rosters again today. Apparently there was a new roster update. I eagerly downloaded it, expecting my Super Bowl winning Broncos finally getting the love they deserved, after getting snubbed with a horrible rating in their last roster update.

The new roster update STILL has the Broncos with a terrible overall rating. Panthers are still rated like 20 points higher than the Broncos

Why did we even bother winning the Super Bowl?

Which matters more? The video game rating or being World Champs in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
      Which matters more? The video game rating or being World Champs in real life?
      The video game obviously.

Comment

Because a video game can't simulate lack of chemistry and the fact that it measures the athletes by number. The Panthers have more athletic components but we won as a team. Team effort, chemistry, and heart, which isn't shown on computer simulations or statistics

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
          Ugh, just checked Madden rosters again today. Apparently there was a new roster update. I eagerly downloaded it, expecting my Super Bowl winning Broncos finally getting the love they deserved, after getting snubbed with a horrible rating in their last roster update.

The new roster update STILL has the Broncos with a terrible overall rating. Panthers are still rated like 20 points higher than the Broncos

The real question is why bother buying a pile of crap from EA.

I was always a GameDay man back in the PS2 days. I get the itch for some football action during offseason too, and a good game is a good way to scratch it, but I've bought one and only one Madden in recent history (2012?) and won't likely buy another one unless EA stops being total crapbags. Which will never happen, ever. I blow off most of the shade on all the "big bad video game publishers pushing out reconstituted tripe every 1-3 years" stuff, but after what EA did to Simcity (massive incompetence, prolonged indisputable lying, day one DLC, etc) they became the only pub I've ever hated in my life.

The 50 bones they got from me on Simcity cost them $150 on not purchased Maddens.

Comment

It's the offensive rating that brings the overall rating down. Just because we won the SB they're not going to put us at 99.
            #swapping

Comment

It's....a..... video.... game......
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Simple, madden sucks

Comment

What are you talking about? Denver is the 3rd highest ranked team (93 overall) behind Patriots(94) and Panthers(95). Hardly 20 points behind Panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                    Because a video game can't simulate lack of chemistry and the fact that it measures the athletes by number. The Panthers have more athletic components but we won as a team. Team effort, chemistry, and heart, which isn't shown on computer simulations or statistics
                    And the fact they have Manning at a 85 overall. He was statistical the worst qb in the league, so he should be rated below the worst starter on the game. Who is Case Keenum(75 overall). And I agree with 1 of the previous posts that Madden is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X