Broncos vs Panthers in 4k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos vs Panthers in 4k?

Hey sorry if I missed this somewhere already but I haven't seen anything about it. I ended up spending the Super Bowl with some dear friends and family but their tv flat out sucked. Just awful so I want to go back and re-watch it on my 4k tv.

I saw the blu-ray version of it on Amazon but I'm wondering if that will be compatible with 4k or only 1080 HD? It's really cool watching things in 4k, you see stuff you never got to see before.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

I highly doubt they will come out with a 4K version.
    Of course the regular Blu Ray will work and it'll look great.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post

It's really cool watching things in 4k, you see stuff you never got to see before.

Still won't see Cam Newton recovering a fumble though.
      Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

IF the DVD is Ultra HD...you need an Ultra HD Blu-ray player...there are a couple of brands on the market now.
        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-14-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
          If the DVD is Ultra HD...you would need the Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray player - Panasonic also has a 4k HD player.
          Every major company makes a 4K blu ray player.
          And I highly doubt they will put out a 4K version. It's just out in regular 1080p.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm 99% sure that the blu Ray you see on amazon is just the season highlight video
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

At the very least your 4k tv should upconvert the 1080p source.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                I'm 99% sure that the blu Ray you see on amazon is just the season highlight video
                Oh yeah I was going to mention that as well
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                  At the very least your 4k tv should upconvert the 1080p source.
                  I'm pretty sure they don't upconvert. I have a 4K tv. You need a 4K blu Ray player
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                    I'm pretty sure they don't upconvert. I have a 4K tv. You need a 4K blu Ray player
                    http://www.cnet.com/news/can-4k-tvs-...p-look-better/

According to this article 4k tvs do upconvert, but the results still won't look as good as true 4k content.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                      It has to upconvert. Otherwise 1920x1080 programming would only take up 1/4 of the screen.

Upconversion is mostly just smoke and mirrors, however. They try to be "smart" about what color the extra pixels are, but it will never look as good as something that is actually sourced at 4k resolution.

Comment

Hey sorry if I missed this somewhere already but I haven't seen anything about it. I ended up spending the Super Bowl with some dear friends and family but their tv flat out sucked. Just awful so I want to go back and re-watch it on my 4k tv.

I saw the blu-ray version of it on Amazon but I'm wondering if that will be compatible with 4k or only 1080 HD? It's really cool watching things in 4k, you see stuff you never got to see before.
                        There's some good info and some bad in this thread. I won't even get into the nerdy-ness of 4K and UHD. For the sake of a lengthy convo, I'll call it all 4K.

First off, let's start with your 4K TV. If it wasn't purchased somewhere after late 2014 (and even then it's still a dice roll), odds are that the upcoming 4K BD players won't be compatible with it. You should check into that b4 you go any further down that 4K rabbit hole, as that is going to be a major point to verify.

Secondly, if all that is correct and you pop for one of the upcoming 4K BD players (only Samsung on market now), they will up convert everything to 4K. Now it won't be "4K", but it will be a marginal "improvement".

Lastly, the game was actually shot using a combo of 8K, 4K, and 1080P cameras. So theoretically they could eventually release a true 4K disc. The NFL doing it is an entirely different story. There's not much demand on the existing disc right now (I'm actually surprised they even offered a BD!), so there's no way to justify the cost of such a limited run niche item.

Personally I would love if it were offered in the future.

http://4k.com/news/going-beyond-4k-broadcasting-super-bowl-50-was-shot-in-8k-resolution-by-nhk-of-japan-12299/

http://www.sportsvideo.org/2015/09/01/nfl-kickoff-cbs-sports-new-truck-new-studio-pave-way-to-super-bowl-50/
                        Last edited by flosstein; 02-14-2016, 08:18 PM.
                        #swapping

Comment

Regular Blue Ray will look awesome. I honestly don't know anything to share with you regarding 4k.
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC58FJxqMstDuwD8R_QIJdSA

Comment

Working...
                          X