• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

American Horror Story

Season 6 starts tonight. And from what I can tell it appears they are maybe dropping the subtitle this year and just going with the main title.

I believe a lot of former cast members are back too.

I don't have a trailer to post but it looked really good. Hope it doesn't disappoint like freak show did.
    sigpic
  • ebsoria
    Former Mod Of Steel
    • Jul 2005

Last night I was sitting at home and all of a sudden a light came on in my head and I jumped up to record it. Almost forgot!!! Willw atch first episode tonight. I am SOOOOO excited!!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Last night I was sitting at home and all of a sudden a light came on in my head and I jumped up to record it. Almost forgot!!! Willw atch first episode tonight. I am SOOOOO excited!!!!
      I was going to watch tonight to but then I remember Thursday night football. So maybe tomorrow.

But I think I also enjoyed a majority of hotel more than most people because I waited and binged the first 9 episodes over xmas break. Unfortunately the season finale was awful.

But I'm considering waiting again.
      sigpic

Comment

• ebsoria
        Former Mod Of Steel
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I was going to watch tonight to but then I remember Thursday night football. So maybe tomorrow.

But I think I also enjoyed a majority of hotel more than most people because I waited and binged the first 9 episodes over xmas break. Unfortunately the season finale was awful.

But I'm considering waiting again.
        Okay, 2 guilty admissions.... I didn't watch. Football... what a game!!

Second... I've enjoyed all AHS seasons. Yeah, some are much better. But I've enjoyed all. It's one of the shows I'll ride into the ground.

Comment

• Jermz79
          Starter
          • Jun 2005

Man that 1st episode was intense right from the start!

I'm not sure how much I like the "documentary" format they are using but I guess we'll see how it plays out ... I only hope Lily Rabe isn't only portrayed as the story teller the whole season, that would be a huge mistake in my opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Absolutely loving this season so far. This show is finally intense again.

I really like how there are new cast members and they are limiting screen time for a ton of the recurring members. I was starting to feel like it was getting stale using the same people all the time. And I'm sure they'll keep popping up throughout the season.

But so far really enjoying a majority of it being limited to the three main ones.
            sigpic

Comment

• ebsoria
              Former Mod Of Steel
              • Jul 2005

So far I'm loving this season!! Love the format. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

I'm through episode four and still loving every minute of this season.

However this is the normal turning point for the seasons where they seem to start struggling with creativity and also tend to get a bit corny. But so far it's far better than the last two seasons.

Hope it keeps it up.
                sigpic

Comment

• Jermz79
                  Starter
                  • Jun 2005

speaking of corny .... is it just me or was Cricket really corny this last episode? I think they really ruined his character with his snide little jokes and his "gay for pay" comment. I don't understand why the writers would think any of that fits in with the theme of the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                    speaking of corny .... is it just me or was Cricket really corny this last episode? I think they really ruined his character with his snide little jokes and his "gay for pay" comment. I don't understand why the writers would think any of that fits in with the theme of the show.
                    Yeah but that's about as corny as this season has gotten. It does seem a bit odd to me since his debut in episode 2 that he seems to essentially be playing the exact same role he comprised in season 3.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Jermz79
                      Starter
                      • Jun 2005

Yeah but that's about as corny as this season has gotten. It does seem a bit odd to me since his debut in episode 2 that he seems to essentially be playing the exact same role he comprised in season 3.
                      Yeah I agree that they certainly toned down the corny this season, last season and the one prior were off the charts!

as for Cricket playing the same role ... I believe that is what was meant, they have always said that each season is connected in some way and I think this is the connection between the Coven season and this season.

The ONLY issue I have so far is that they still have Lily Rabe playing the role of story teller and she is sooooo much better than that, I don't understand why they took a main show character and put her essentially out of the show?
                      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

Yeah I agree that they certainly toned down the corny this season, last season and the one prior were off the charts!

as for Cricket playing the same role ... I believe that is what was meant, they have always said that each season is connected in some way and I think this is the connection between the Coven season and this season.

The ONLY issue I have so far is that they still have Lily Rabe playing the role of story teller and she is sooooo much better than that, I don't understand why they took a main show character and put her essentially out of the show?
                        Yeah and did the reverse for Matt where the better actor is playing the actual role.

I have thought Cuba Gooding and Lily Rabe would be a hotter couple together.
                        sigpic

Comment

• VenomousDB
                          All-Pro
                          • Apr 2008

This season is so much better than hotel
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jermz79
                            Starter
                            • Jun 2005

Yeah and did the reverse for Matt where the better actor is playing the actual role.

I have thought Cuba Gooding and Lily Rabe would be a hotter couple together.
                            Yep agree completely!!

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            This season is so much better than hotel
                            Definitely!! Hotel was a decent story line overall but just didnt have that spooky feeling a good "Horror" story gives ya!
                            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Yep agree completely!!

Definitely!! Hotel was a decent story line overall but just didnt have that spooky feeling a good "Horror" story gives ya!
                              And the three episodes after the holiday break were pretty awful. I didn't even finish the season finale. Which was all after the final conflict had already resolved
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X