Gotta Luv Some Bruno Mars!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Luv Some Bruno Mars!!

What a talent! My wife and I just bought some tickets for a show next summer, and look forward to him and his crew putting on a great show! Really like the songs, the singing and the dancing as well. 24K Magic is another example of music that could do well thru various musical eras. So good!

I used to hate Bruno mars. But then my 4 year old did a little funny thing to one of his songs and i started playing it regularly at bath time for my almost two year old. Got hooked on the first two albums surprisingly fast.

I don't know if it's that our SB win put him in a better light than when he spotlighted our blowout loss to Seattle.

Either way my family is all fans now and I'm looking forward to the third album.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I used to hate Bruno mars. But then my 4 year old did a little funny thing to one of his songs and i started playing it regularly at bath time for my almost two year old. Got hooked on the first two albums surprisingly fast.

I don't know if it's that our SB win put him in a better light than when he spotlighted our blowout loss to Seattle.

Either way my family is all fans now and I'm looking forward to the third album.
      You're a pretty cool dude DB!!:thumb:

Comment

I hate the guy. he brings back forgotten memories of a blowout superbowl loss and a horrible hangover.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          I hate the guy. he brings back forgotten memories of a blowout superbowl loss and a horrible hangover.
          That's what he was to me until he came back for our super bowl win. Though I'm not too crazy about the theme he participated in.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            Cmon EMac......give the little guy a chance!

All I know is we are the current champions of the universe, and he plays pretty cool music.

Comment

I didn't realize the third album was already out.
              sigpic

Comment

Can I hate to say it but after previewing the entire album on ITunes the rest of the album outside of 24kmagic is really quite awful
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Can I hate to say it but after previewing the entire album on ITunes the rest of the album outside of 24kmagic is really quite awful
                  No prob.....I am not a huge fan, and I don't know that many of his songs. I guess the ones I like are the ones we hear all the time. But I do have to give him kudos for the way he and his group perform.

He better be good, cuz the wife and I spent a few hundred to see his show here next summer!!! She wanted to see him last time he came, so this time was going to mean some pretty good tickets. What the heck, another check off on the bucket list.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 11-24-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    No prob.....I am not a huge fan, and I don't know that many of his songs. I guess the ones I like are the ones we hear all the time. But I do have to give him kudos for the way he and his group perform.

He better be good, cuz the wife and I spent a few hundred to see his show here next summer!!! She wanted to see him last time he came, so this time was going to mean some pretty good tickets. What the heck, another check off on the bucket list.
                    I mean a concert should be fine. He has enough hits career wise to put on a good show.

It's just this specific album was geared towards 80's, 90's R&B and the other tracks aren't as upbeat
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, very impressed with Bruno Mars after seeing him live last night in our fair town! Wasn't sure if I would regain my hearing however after leaving that loud arena!

His 24K Magic tour starts with many of his newer songs (of course), and it was really good (and as hoped)....showing off this guy's incredible talent, and that of his band. But when he moved back to his older hits, I even loved the show more. Ending it with Uptown Funk was classic!!!

I like Bruno, but at times I think he is a wee bit on the corny side (with regard to milking crowd noise), but hey, he's earned it. The dude can write, sing (sometimes incredibly!), play guitar, and yes, dance. My wife loved the show and rated it very high, and this is person who saw the likes of The Beatles, Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, and on and on, in their prime. Make no mistake, Bruno Mars is a singular force and talent....BUT, it's the style of him and his group, so funky and cool, and in tandem, that makes this group a total entertainment offering. They make music fun, and so enjoyable to watch....and listen to!

Great job Bruno and company!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Well, very impressed with Bruno Mars after seeing him live last night in our fair town! Wasn't sure if I would regain my hearing however after leaving that loud arena!

His 24K Magic tour starts with many of his newer songs (of course), and it was really good (and as hoped)....showing off this guy's incredible talent, and that of his band. But when he moved back to his older hits, I even loved the show more. Ending it with Uptown Funk was classic!!!

I like Bruno, but at times I think he is a wee bit on the corny side (with regard to milking crowd noise), but hey, he's earned it. The dude can write, sing (sometimes incredibly!), play guitar, and yes, dance. My wife loved the show and rated it very high, and this is person who saw the likes of The Beatles, Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, and on and on, in their prime. Make no mistake, Bruno Mars is a singular force and talent....BUT, it's the style of him and his group, so funky and cool, and in tandem, that makes this group a total entertainment offering. They make music fun, and so enjoyable to watch....and listen to!

Great job Bruno and company!!!
                        Glad you had a great time. I freaking love Bruno Mars. He's an amazing talent with a throwback quality. Wish I could afford his tickets though. Too out of my price range. He's very unique. Watch this...his carpool karaoke with James Corden. Gotta love it.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-s...rpool-karaoke/
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          Glad you had a great time. I freaking love Bruno Mars. He's an amazing talent with a throwback quality. Wish I could afford his tickets though. Too out of my price range. He's very unique. Watch this...his carpool karaoke with James Corden. Gotta love it.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-s...rpool-karaoke/
                          Thx J! That was cool! And no doubt, Uptown Funk gets me every time!:thumb:

Comment

I'm not a Mars fan, but I noticed he won some very nice awards at the AMAs last night.

Like--- VIDEO OF THE YEAR, FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK, FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK, FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B, FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B, FAVORITE SONG – SOUL/R&B and ARTIST OF THE YEAR.

Big year for him.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              I'm not a Mars fan, but I noticed he won some very nice awards at the AMAs last night.

Like--- VIDEO OF THE YEAR, FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK, FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK, FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B, FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B, FAVORITE SONG – SOUL/R&B and ARTIST OF THE YEAR.

Big year for him.
                              I think I motivated him by showing up at his concert......

Seriously the dude is an amazing talent, and his group make cool music together. I still have "Uptown Funk" in my head from the concert. What a perfect ending for a fabulous show!!

Comment

Working...
                              X