Blade Runner 2049

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Runner 2049

What is everybody's take on the upcoming Blade Runner 2049, due out next year? I am a huge fan of the 1982 original which is a true sci-fi classic. I just hope this latest instalment does it justice and lives up to its predecessor. Good to see that Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Deckard and that actors such as Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto, who I rate very highly, will feature. I'm not convinced by Denis Villeneuve as the choice of director though. I thought Sicaro was disappointingly average, although that was as much down to the screenwriting as it was the direction in all fairness. Anyway, I just hope that they don't hype it up to be all that and then it turns out to be a let down and diminishes the achievement of the original. Back in 2007 I got a copy of the Final Cut version of Blade Runner for sale online from Amazon. I'm not sure what came of it but I would love to watch it again before the release of the sequel. Is it available to watch online anywhere or is it a case of buying another copy of the DVD? I'd love to hear the thoughts of any other Blade Runner fans on this.

No creativity in Hollywood
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      No one cares about creativity anymore. Our generation wants to sequals of the classics and reboots of the tv shows we grew up with.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        No one cares about creativity anymore. Our generation wants to sequals of the classics and reboots of the tv shows we grew up with.
        My family does
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'll give it a try. I'm not too excited about it though, I think it is just a cash grab.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Not true. Glitz, effects, and reboots are having their part in wearing out the industry. Hollywood forgot how to put out good scripts with developed characters and a plot that is anything but shallow anymore.

Coming from one who enjoys a good scifi now and again, I can only hope the sequel is better than the original. For me, that is one of the worst movies I have ever had the misery of sitting through.

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            I'll give it a try. I'm not too excited about it though, I think it is just a cash grab.
            Where movies are these days, I think Charlie Brown might be spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Where movies are these days, I think Charlie Brown might be spot on.
              I loved the original and consider Barry's "I've seen things" monologue to be one of the best, if not the best, in cinema.

There is no way they'll improve on the original. At best, this film will be a nice homage to it. At worst, it'll crap all over it.

That is the dichotomy that is Hollywood these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidy View Post
                What is everybody's take on the upcoming Blade Runner 2049, due out next year? I am a huge fan of the 1982 original which is a true sci-fi classic. I just hope this latest instalment does it justice and lives up to its predecessor. Good to see that Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Deckard and that actors such as Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto, who I rate very highly, will feature. I'm not convinced by Denis Villeneuve as the choice of director though. I thought Sicaro was disappointingly average, although that was as much down to the screenwriting as it was the direction in all fairness. Anyway, I just hope that they don't hype it up to be all that and then it turns out to be a let down and diminishes the achievement of the original. Back in 2007 I got a copy of the Final Cut version of Blade Runner for sale online from Amazon. I'm not sure what came of it but I would love to watch it again before the release of the sequel. Is it available to watch online anywhere or is it a case of buying another copy of the DVD? I'd love to hear the thoughts of any other Blade Runner fans on this.
                Did you check out the trailer? It doesn't give a lot away but I must admit that it made my spine tingle just a little. It certainly seems as atmospheric as the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                  I loved the original and consider Barry's "I've seen things" monologue to be one of the best, if not the best, in cinema.

There is no way they'll improve on the original. At best, this film will be a nice homage to it. At worst, it'll crap all over it.

That is the dichotomy that is Hollywood these days.
                  I agree. No way it could outshine the original. But I really hope that it's not a total pile of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Reidy View Post
                    I agree. No way it could outshine the original. But I really hope that it's not a total pile of crap.
                    I meant Batty in the post, though. I was typing on my cell at the time and it auto corrected it into Barry.

Comment

Working...
                    X