Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E3 2017

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E3 2017

    Figured would make a thread as EA conference is currently going for their EA play and Microsoft is tomorrow.




    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  • #2
    Thought the EA conference was average.
    Some good moments, but also some cringe moments.

    Felt like it was short. Guess because they didn't really show a lot games and gave Star Wars a large portion of the conference.

    They are holding off a new ip to show off at Xbox conference tomorrow.

    But with all that said, NBA Live looked good, star wars looked amazing.

    A way out might be a gem.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • #3
      Thought the conference was okay.

      A way out looks like it could be fun for those who do the couch co-op but with no-one to play with Will probably pass maybe pick it up if it shows up in the vault.

      Anthem looks interesting looking forward to see more at Microsoft conference.

      Not the biggest fan of story mode in sports unless they have the gameplay and franchise down and I don't feel ea had that yet.

      Need for speed is a wait till in the vault type game.

      And of coarse they had their battlefield 1dlc and battlefront 2. We will see if I give battlefront a chance as that time frame is starting to look like it will be packed.

      And EA kept their speakers that aren't used to being in front of people lol. Feel bad for them because you know they are passionate about what they do but you can tell they don't talk in front of crowds.




      Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

      Comment


      • #4
        Think the whole story mode aspect being added to Madden and FIFA is EA trying to get that 2K crowd that play 2K sports games like NBA and WWE for the my career storymodes.

        Need for speed looked like they are going the fast and furious rout. More action, less racing.

        I will say though the director of A way out was the only speaker that got the crowd pumped and had a lot of energy.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Think the whole story mode aspect being added to Madden and FIFA is EA trying to get that 2K crowd that play 2K sports games like NBA and WWE for the my career storymodes.

          Need for speed looked like they are going the fast and furious rout. More action, less racing.

          I will say though the director of A way out was the only speaker that got the crowd pumped and had a lot of energy.
          yeah and i did read shortly after I posted earlier it was probably a language barrier but I did read that they game can be played co-op online also so not just couch co-op.




          Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

          Comment


          • #6
            BF2 has me hyped man, I was already looking forward to it, but free DLC ? I am in !
            sigpic

            Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
              BF2 has me hyped man, I was already looking forward to it, but free DLC ? I am in !
              I think companies are learning the loot box type method is the best way to go. You don't divide your user base and plenty off people still spend money on the boxes to get what they are looking for.




              Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                I think companies are learning the loot box type method is the best way to go. You don't divide your user base and plenty off people still spend money on the boxes to get what they are looking for.
                Yep, majority of GTA V earnings has been those shark cards. Call of duty is making stupid amounts of money off supply drops.

                People will be more willing to dump money into microtransactions than DLC.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

                Comment


                • #9
                  Xbox had a good conference. Crowd was into it, they showed off some good games.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So I've always thought I was going to be a for sure day one upgrade. But with Red Dead 2 delayed I'm not so sure anymore.

                    I'm trying to get my house ready to put on the market and $500 would go along way towards that. I don't think it's over priced with the specs confirmed. But I could use it a lot elsewhere.

                    And now Crackdown 3 may be the only launch game that would make me feel justified doing it now.

                    Also I have a 4K tv but it's only a 40" in my workout room. I would have to settle for using that one to really optimize the console cuz my wife would kill me if I upgrade the tv too to the 4K size I want to game on.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      So I've always thought I was going to be a for sure day one upgrade. But with Red Dead 2 delayed I'm not so sure anymore.

                      I'm trying to get my house ready to put on the market and $500 would go along way towards that. I don't think it's over priced with the specs confirmed. But I could use it a lot elsewhere.

                      And now Crackdown 3 may be the only launch game that would make me feel justified doing it now.

                      Also I have a 4K tv but it's only a 40" in my workout room. I would have to settle for using that one to really optimize the console cuz my wife would kill me if I upgrade the tv too to the 4K size I want to game on.
                      Yah not a whole lot of exclusives taking advantage of that power but betting me I will probably upgrade day one and end up with assassins creed, crackdown, battlefront and shadow of war throughout the end of the year.

                      But anthem looked amazing but I'm going to keep my expectations low since Destiny and the division fell flat for me. Hopefully they can learn from those two games since that is what it looks to be like.




                      Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bethesda conference was just bad. Complete waste of a conference. Everything featured could have been given 5-6mins at either PlayStation or Xbox conference.

                        Only bright spots was a new Dishonored standalone where you get to kill the outsider or at least try and Evil within 2.

                        Outside of that, just more milking of Fallout 4 and Skyrim and paid mods.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm a little divided on the new Assassin's Creed. I live the open works RPG aspects and the setting of the game. I'm a little worried about the more fantastical things they are adding like remote controlled arrows and Giant Snakes in Ptolemaic Egypt. Not to mention the Mummy series Egyptians; the Ptolemies were Macedonian Greeks.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                          The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                            I'm a little divided on the new Assassin's Creed. I live the open works RPG aspects and the setting of the game. I'm a little worried about the more fantastical things they are adding like remote controlled arrows and Giant Snakes in Ptolemaic Egypt. Not to mention the Mummy series Egyptians; the Ptolemies were Macedonian Greeks.
                            I still dont see this remote controlled arrow people are talking about ? When he killed the guy at the end and the arrow dipped down, isn't that just the normal trajectory of an arrow ?

                            I LOVE the setting and rpg element, probably will be the 1st AC i buy since AC3
                            sigpic

                            Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                              I still dont see this remote controlled arrow people are talking about ? When he killed the guy at the end and the arrow dipped down, isn't that just the normal trajectory of an arrow ?

                              I LOVE the setting and rpg element, probably will be the 1st AC i buy since AC3
                              Yes, it's the guy at the end. Arrows would gradually lose momentum and start falling, yes. But, an arrow won't follow a man down a set of stairs. He shot it at full string through an awning, then the arrow curved down and followed the guy down the stairs.

                              When I discussed the Ptolemies, this clearly is Ptilemaic Egypt as we see the Pharos Lighthouse, which means Egyptian leaders will be Greek, rather than Egyptian. Like Cleopatra for instance, she was Macedonian Greek and her family had a practice of marrying brother and sister. So, she should be Greek.

                              The Ptolemies created a melting pot of Greek and Egyptian culture. They worshipped Alexander the Great as a deified being alongside the amulgamation of Greek and Egyptian religion. I'm concerned because the way it's shown is similar to "The Mummy Returns" Egypt as opposed to the reality of the Greco-Egyptian merging of culture.
                              Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-12-2017, 02:29 PM.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                              The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X