R.I.P Prodigy from Mobb Deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Prodigy from Mobb Deep

I know we don't have many hip hop fans here. On Tuesday, the rap world lost a legend in Mobb Deep's Prodigy.

Prodigy was and still is considered by a lot of fans as a top 5 all time MC, and I believe that once fans reintroduce themselves to his catalog, that number will grow. He had one of the best flows in the game. Mobb Deep themselves are a Top-5 all time rap group in my opinion. Their lyrics brought the NYC street life to music like few others before and since. And he has certified classics as a member of Mobb Deep and as a solo artist: Shook Ones Part II, Eye For An Eye, Quiet Storm, Keep It Thoro, among others.

As an avid rap fan who's loved the genre since it's beginnings, I can tell you that this one hurts. I never knew him but I met him very briefly and told him how big of a fan I was of his. I can't post any videos here due to very strong language, but check out the Mobb Deep and Prodigy catalog if you can. In particular, check out the song "You Can Never Feel My Pain". He shows you how life's problems pale in comparison to the ordeal he went through with Sickle Cell which ultimately lead to his passing. R.I.P.

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I know we don't have many hip hop fans here. On Tuesday, the rap world lost a legend in Mobb Deep's Prodigy.

Prodigy was and still is considered by a lot of fans as a top 5 all time MC, and I believe that once fans reintroduce themselves to his catalog, that number will grow. He had one of the best flows in the game. Mobb Deep themselves are a Top-5 all time rap group in my opinion. Their lyrics brought the NYC street life to music like few others before and since. And he has certified classics as a member of Mobb Deep and as a solo artist: Shook Ones Part II, Eye For An Eye, Quiet Storm, Keep It Thoro, among others.

As an avid rap fan who's loved the genre since it's beginnings, I can tell you that this one hurts. I never knew him but I met him very briefly and told him how big of a fan I was of his. I can't post any videos here due to very strong language, but check out the Mobb Deep and Prodigy catalog if you can. In particular, check out the song "You Can Never Feel My Pain". He shows you how life's problems pale in comparison to the ordeal he went through with Sickle Cell which ultimately lead to his passing. R.I.P.
    Yeah, this was pretty crappy news to me. Used to listen to Mobb Deep all the time. Still do every now and then.

Hit 'em Up is a weird song to listen to now.

Comment

Working...
    X