R.I.P. Tom Petty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Tom Petty

I was really hoping this was a Twitter hoax with all of the shenanigans going on today. This one stings. Saw him in May at Red Rocks. True rock n roll legend.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-pet...is-dead-at-66/

Saw this earlier. Sad news indeed. He was a legend.

Comment

Man... absolutely loved Tom Petty. His songs helped me learn to play the guitar. Super sad. Legend.

Comment

R.I.P. Tom
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

A legendary musician - this one really really hurts.

Rest in peace, Tom.
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
            Man... absolutely loved Tom Petty. His songs helped me learn to play the guitar. Super sad. Legend.
            Me too. He was my favorite musician of all time. This has been a really hard day.

Comment

Evidently, he's still clinging to life as of 3:30 PST. The CBS report of his death was disputed by the LAPD...but they can confirm he was taken off life support, and remains in extremely grave condition.

Comment

Rock Music Legend Tom Petty Passes Away

Hi, Denver Broncos fans. Tom Petty, famous as the frontman with his band, The Heartbreakers, died tonight of cardiac arrest and a heart attack in L.A. at age 66. R.I.P. Tom.
                :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                  Evidently, he's still clinging to life as of 3:30 PST. The CBS report of his death was disputed by the LAPD...but they can confirm he was taken off life support, and remains in extremely grave condition.
                  Weird how this happened.

I'm leaving this thread open and see if I can find anything tomorrow.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

His music vid for "Into the great wide open" is still one of my all time favorites.

See how many of the actors you recognize, Tom had star power very early in his career. Great loss
                    [sigpic

Comment

R.I.P. to another musical ICON
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

R.I.P Tom Petty

One of my favorites. So many fantastic songs. I remember when I was in my early 20's I would play the "Wildflowers" cd over and over ... loved that cd. Sad to see a legend pass on.

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Weird how this happened.

I'm leaving this thread open and see if I can find anything tomorrow.
                          From what I on it, they found he had no brain activity so they pulled him off life support. They were expecting him to pass then so word was given prematurely about his death. But instead he kept breathing on his own for a period of time till he finally passed away and official word came. That's just from what I read.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            From what I on it, they found he had no brain activity so they pulled him off life support. They were expecting him to pass then so word was given prematurely about his death. But instead he kept breathing on his own for a period of time till he finally passed away and official word came. That's just from what I read.
                            I think that’s what happened. The official time of death is listed as 10/2 8:40 PM PDT.

Even in death…`ol Tom wouldn’t back down.

Comment

Working...
                            X