• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well I saw an article that said most of the Dc stuff will be removed from HBO max at the end of July. So i don’t think it’s safe to assume yet that HBo max will be replacing DC universe.
    I'm guessing we will find out more at the end of August when they have their conference for all their stuff.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Well guessing this is going to either drop down to just comics. Doom patrol season 2 is on both this and HBO max and star girl is on both and this and the CW. But stargirl got renewed for season 2 for just the CW. So safe to say the shows on this are probably going to the wayside.
    Well I saw an article that said most of the Dc stuff will be removed from HBO max at the end of July. So i don’t think it’s safe to assume yet that HBo max will be replacing DC universe.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Well guessing this is going to either drop down to just comics. Doom patrol season 2 is on both this and HBO max and star girl is on both and this and the CW. But stargirl got renewed for season 2 for just the CW. So safe to say the shows on this are probably going to the wayside.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Yeah I still have the service. Swamp thing is the only show I haven't gotten around to watching. But it was canceled during development and cut from 13 episodes to 10 because the budget. Seems they went way over I don't remember all the details. The second season of Harley Quinn is currently airing but that's the over the top adult cartoon which I've enjoyed. Especially some of the side characters are fun.

Stargirl is just 2 episodes in and I was worried since I saw it is airing on the CW but I have been impressed with the first two episodes. The CGI has been great and doesn't really give me that CW vibe. But if you watch it on the CW I think the first two episodes were cut down to fit in the time slot but looks like the rest going forward (13 episodes) will fit without needing to be cut down.

I stopped watching the arrowverse a long time ago. I've actually come to enjoy the shorter seasons of the service versions better. So much less filler and unnecessary drama.

Doom patrol season 2 I believe starts at the end of June and the first season was pretty good. But that will also air on HBOMAX so there's that. Season one was enjoyable and one of the better series on the service.

They have done a decent job at keeping content going with out very much time between new shows. Plus I read the comics and the selection had grown to a great size and lags behind actual release by I believe a year. But in the year and a half it's been out the orginal series include:

Titans (2 seasons)
    Doom patrol
    Young justice
    Swamp thing
    Harley Quinn (2 seasons)
    Stargirl

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Does anyone still watch any of these shows on this service or on CW?

I don’t keep up really anymore. I did watch the final season of Arrow minus the crossover which I was waiting to be available for all episodes on Netflix. And I didn’t watch the season finale because it apparently talks about the crossover and spoilers for Ollie.

Just started Flash last week but won’t watch it fast.

But I saw Arrowverse is apparently doubling in size. Not even sure why it’s still called the Arrowverse anymore. It’s like claiming it’s the Smallvilleverse. Star girl started a couple of weeks ago apparently. Wasn’t even aware that was coming. And Swamp thing moved over to CW as well.

The one that’s coming I might actually want to watch is Superman & Louis.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Just finished season 2 of titans and it was a fantastic season. Great character growth and finally getting to see a live action character in the finally was definitely the cherry on top.

Also had knocked out young justice season 3 a while back and it continued with what made the first two seasons great. Watching the universe age and seeing side characters that are just other characters living in the world and not really there for the story makes it an amazing series.

Haven't gotten around to swamp thing yet but it is the only season and haven't started the animated Harley Quinn series yet which dropped the first episode the same time as titans. But clearly not a show for kids.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    https://youtu.be/mhtqTUZKzfM

He is the swamp thing trailer. Looks great and definitely in the horror genre. Wonder how the future of it will do after getting cut from 13 episodes to 10.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Finally got around to watching this and it had me intrigued. Hopefully they don't try top make him some misunderstood person and it is just a psychotic break and he goes off the deep end. But looks good enough for me to watch at some point lol
    I don’t think it’s even part of the DCU but i put it in here instead of creating another thread. It looks like it has the potential to be very good and him possibly doing Joker better than Heath Ledger. But it also has the potential to be bad if he doesn’t turn into a full fledged joker/crime boss at any point.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Finally got around to watching this and it had me intrigued. Hopefully they don't try top make him some misunderstood person and it is just a psychotic break and he goes off the deep end. But looks good enough for me to watch at some point lol

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/04/0...teaser-trailer

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Well for those who read comics dc universe is moving towards marvel unlimited service. All new comics will hit the service 12 months after release (marvel unlimited is 6 months). Nice to see the service constantly improving

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Looks like season 1 of titans is going to come to blue ray and digital release. So for the ones that didn't want to subscribe there's that.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’ve been keeping an eye on the content but it still doesn’t have anywhere near enough for me to feel it’s worth the subscription fee.

There’s a few cartoons for my boys but not enough. I wish they would put all the LEGO DC stuff on there. My boys love that stuff.

As for adult shows I’d like a few more seasons of the current.

I’m behind on the Cw shows but intend to binge those once they hit Netflix. But I’d kind of prefer those go away before I commit to DC universe.
    Yeah I've enjoyed the shows but I also read the comics on the so I get my value out of it. Seems at the beginning of the year they really spiked their comic selection up which was nice.

And yeah I'm extremely behind on the CW shows.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal

• DenverBlood
    replied
    https://youtu.be/6tTM9nbRk5A

Doom patrol starts up tomorrow and honestly it looks pretty good. But our looks like they learned from their bad titan trailer and made one that is much better. Young justice just finished up the first half with it finishing up in a couple of months.
    I’ve been keeping an eye on the content but it still doesn’t have anywhere near enough for me to feel it’s worth the subscription fee.

There’s a few cartoons for my boys but not enough. I wish they would put all the LEGO DC stuff on there. My boys love that stuff.

As for adult shows I’d like a few more seasons of the current.

I’m behind on the Cw shows but intend to binge those once they hit Netflix. But I’d kind of prefer those go away before I commit to DC universe.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs

• #87Birdman
    replied
    https://youtu.be/6tTM9nbRk5A

Doom patrol starts up tomorrow and honestly it looks pretty good. But our looks like they learned from their bad titan trailer and made one that is much better. Young justice just finished up the first half with it finishing up in a couple of months.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X