R.I.P. Aretha Franklin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Aretha Franklin

The 76 year old musical ICON passed away today, so let's all show her some "Respect"!
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

I loved her music. What a voice!

Comment

One of my wife's favourites! Definitely one of the true music legends!!!

Comment

R.I.P. Aretha Franklin.

Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

One of the greatest voices ever and an indelible part of my memories.

Requiescat in pace, Aretha.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

My mother would listen to Aretha all the time when I was young boy. Thx Ma for introducing me to such a music icon. Every time I hear a Aretha song I would and will always think of my mother.

RIP Aretha and thank you for such great music.

My Ma would sing this song to me.

sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

I always loved her voice - what an amazing artist! So many great songs, loved so many of them, but my favorite was "who's zoomin who" . Thank you for your music, Aretha Franklin! RIP
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

As so often the case, it takes me a while to completely appreciate how great someone is, at times like this, when we first learn of their passing. But I have been watching a number of shows that pay tribute to the great Aretha Franklin, and I am checking out some videos of her performances....and of course my wife is listening to and thinking about her (given she was one of her all time favs!)

That performance when Pavarotti had to be subbed at The Grammies was incredible! She was asked pretty much last minute if she could do the beautiful, but extremely challenging "Nessun Dorma", and after taking a listen said she could do it. She nailed it, and some of us will never forget. That was beyond talent.

And I'm having trouble not watching her, as a fairly young performer, sing "I Say A Little Prayer" over again. She was mid 20s, and probably on the cusp of her "legendary" path, but she showed signs of how she was going to make music personal, in her style.

This lady was more than a singer. She was a pathfinder for so many. But that musical talent was unique, to say the very least.

Comment

Working...
                X